Rx 450H Wheels

Wally

Hi all,

I have reposted this into this forum as I saw that teepee got some answers to his (her?) RX 450H queries here so I thought I'd try this too as the RX4xxh forum seems a bit empty of members at the moment.

Wondering if any one can tell me if you can fit bigger wheels to the RX 450h Sports Luxury (which I am seriously considering buying). When I compare its wheels to the BMW X5 (which I am also looking at) there's a huge size difference. I am an ex-BMW 5 series owner who moved to an IS 250 Sports Luxury & now want to move to an SUV so am tossing up between these 2 cars.

The RX runs 235/55 R19s on 19x7.5J rims while the X5 40D runs 255/50 R19s on 19x9J rims (frt) & 285/45 R19s on 19x10J rims (rear).

Anyone have any ideas ro seen anything out there? Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks...

I'm afraid you're not going to be able to fit tyres as wide as in the X5 because the RX rims are narrower. There are 2 issues when fitting wider tyres - rubbing and speedo error. Use the link below to experiment your options.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I'm afraid you're not going to be able to fit tyres as wide as in the X5 because the RX rims are narrower. There are 2 issues when fitting wider tyres - rubbing and speedo error. Use the link below to experiment your options.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Hey thanks mate...that's a useful tool to have. However my plan is to get wider non-Lexus rims for bigger tires but stay with 19". The calculator shows that my speedo wld read slightly fast (that's good) with wider tires but using a lower profile like a '45' or '50' tire.

Perhaps I shld have phrased my question a bit tighter...I want wider rims to take bigger 19" tires so does anyone know of any offhand...or what the offsets are for an RX 450h (or where i can find this info out) so I can talk to a few tire guys like Bob jane or Tempe Tyres?

Thanks again for any assist...