Tyres For Rx330

How about Goodyear fortera hl

The Yoko Geolander GO51 is OE on Mitsubishi Outlander and from what I've read, many Outlander owners are not very happy with it.

3 weeks ago, I purchased a set of Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport in 235/55R18 for my RX and paid $315/each fitted and balanced and they are fantastic in terms of ride/handling/noise. This tyre is OE on the BMW X5.

How about Goodyear fortera hl

The Yoko Geolander GO51 is OE on Mitsubishi Outlander and from what I've read, many Outlander owners are not very happy with it.

3 weeks ago, I purchased a set of Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport in 235/55R18 for my RX and paid $315/each fitted and balanced and they are fantastic in terms of ride/handling/noise. This tyre is OE on the BMW X5.

Thanks for the feedback Lexo. Unfortunately we can't get the HP Sport in that size here. Interesting comment about the Yoko - maybe I will go with the Goodyear Fortera HL's.

Cheers from NZ

Have you looked at www.tirerack.com?

It's a great website (US based) but has plenty of options for narrowing down the tire search to your exact model.

Then you can sort by customer reviews, etc.

I bought some Yokohama Parada Spec X, just based on the reviews on that site, and other sites.

They seem okay. No noisier than other tyres on most surfaces. Good grip in the wet.

Haven't tried them in snow!

Satz

Have you looked at www.tirerack.com?

It's a great website (US based) but has plenty of options for narrowing down the tire search to your exact model.

Then you can sort by customer reviews, etc.

I bought some Yokohama Parada Spec X, just based on the reviews on that site, and other sites.

They seem okay. No noisier than other tyres on most surfaces. Good grip in the wet.

Haven't tried them in snow!

Satz

Thanks Satz. I will have a look.

• 1 month later...

Where did you get those, Lexo? I was just quoted $640 at Tyrepower! :o

Where did you get those, Lexo? I was just quoted $640 at Tyrepower! :o

Hey Poisson,

I got them from my local Donnellans tyre shop in Victoria and I couldn't believe that their price were almost 50% less than all the other tyre stores quoted me. I asked them to show me the tyres and yep they are fair dinkum "Bridgestone Duelers HP Sports" on the sidewalls.

I've done 2500kms on them now and I highly recommend them :D.

Any thoughts on Kumhos? KL51 at $274 each from Bob Jane?

Or Maxxis HT750 - around $275 at a lot of places?

From what I've read, a number of reviews are saying the Kumhos can get a bit noisy but they are good value (<$300). My tip is to take a look at the Toyo Versado as this is a brand new tyre from Toyo (made in Japan) and released on the Australian market this year. The price I got quoted was $375/each, which is still considerably cheaper than the premium tyres from Michelins/Bridgestones.

Now that I've experienced the Dueler High Performance (HP) Sport , I would not hesitate in recommending them. The grip is exceptional, and much better than my Bridgestone OE set. At the end of the day, the decision comes down to your budget but do shop around.

Under $300 - Kumho, Hancook, Maxxis

Between $300-$400 - Yoko, Toyo

Over $400 - Michelin/Bridgestone

• 9 months later...

Hi Time to replace the Tyres on my 2004 Lexus 330 and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or updates for this thread. Have been running on Yokohamas since we had the vehicle (about 2 years) and have had no problems. Mainly Metro city driving and occasional weekend country runs. Any suggestions ?