How Many Is-F's In Australia

Epicurean

Does anyone know how many IS-F's have been sold in Australia.

I have recently bought a pearl white 2008 IS-F.

Just awesome.

Luxury and performance.

Most of the car reviewers don't understand what they are driving.

Just spoke to the local Lexus Dealer.

I had heard that the IS-F was limited to 50 per year.

The local dealer looked up the book and it looks as though there may be less that 200 in the country.

Part of the appeal to me was the rarity of the car. I compared it against an S4 and a 4 dr M3 (both excellent cars) but to me the fact that I see both those cars on the road most weeks takes something away from them. I think I have only seen 2 IS-Fs on the road.

Part of the appeal to me was the rarity of the car. I compared it against an S4 and a 4 dr M3 (both excellent cars) but to me the fact that I see both those cars on the road most weeks takes something away from them. I think I have only seen 2 IS-Fs on the road.

I agree. Subtle enough to be luxury. Loud and fast when you want.

I have a pearl white one. Just bought plates ISF 50L. Have to be happy with that.

This is the exact reason why I purchased the ISF as well. Less of these on the road. I was going to purchase the S5 Coupe but decided not to as it was under powered compared with the ISF and too many on the streets.

Interested to hear you say you thought the S5 Coupe was underpowered. It has the 4.2V8? The S4 with the 3.0 supercharged certainly did not feel underpowered but I think it is rated as quicker than the S5.

This is the exact reason why I purchased the ISF as well. Less of these on the road. I was going to purchase the S5 Coupe but decided not to as it was under powered compared with the ISF and too many on the streets.

Interested to hear you say you thought the S5 Coupe was underpowered. It has the 4.2V8? The S4 with the 3.0 supercharged certainly did not feel underpowered but I think it is rated as quicker than the S5.

I also looked at the S5 and was told that the V8 was changing to the supercharged 6 so this put me off the S5? RS5 is more in the ISF league.

According to the one and only lexus dealer in WA, there is around 10 or so in Perth.......

and in the 2 or so years I have had it, I have only seen 3 others driving around, which makes it quite exclusive here in WA

• Like 1

mines from QLD

but atm

theres 3 sitting in chatswood atm

2 black 2008/2010 and a white 2011 model oh and a SGM 2008 that got sold recently

iv seen fair amount of ISF in NSW

but not as much as M3's or C63's

ill see atleast one M3 or C63 in a day

maybe 1 isf in a month or so

and i drive atleast 4 hours a day

I hardly see any around in Sydney and keep getting asked about my "body kit" :) Not many ppl are aware that Lexus builds hi-po cars.

Keep having to explain that its the same concept as AMG is to Merc etc ...

At the end of the day, one of my main reasons for buying the car was exclusivity. It also has the perfect balance between luxury and performance.

I hardly see any around in Sydney and keep getting asked about my "body kit" :) Not many ppl are aware that Lexus builds hi-po cars.

At the end of the day, one of my main reasons for buying the car was exclusivity. It also has the perfect balance between luxury and performance.

Hey Mieknbn, might I have seen you around the OzAudi forum (I am an irregular user "A3&Q7")? I recently moved to Lexus power with a MY11 IS F from my A3 2.0TQ. Am happy with the step up! I believe you were/are an S3 driver? Agree with your sentiment - it really does balance so well the luxury and the performance. I've been very impressed. My only gripe is that you seemingly can't manually override the gears when it is in D like you can with the S-Tronic paddle shifters. Yes it will kick down (not that quickly) but then you seemingly can't continue to manually override as it just seems to allow you to hold the gear or go back gears. Other than that very small complaint, I am loving the IS F.

Hey Mieknbn, might I have seen you around the OzAudi forum (I am an irregular user "A3&Q7")? I recently moved to Lexus power with a MY11 IS F from my A3 2.0TQ. Am happy with the step up! I believe you were/are an S3 driver? Agree with your sentiment - it really does balance so well the luxury and the performance. I've been very impressed. My only gripe is that you seemingly can't manually override the gears when it is in D like you can with the S-Tronic paddle shifters. Yes it will kick down (not that quickly) but then you seemingly can't continue to manually override as it just seems to allow you to hold the gear or go back gears. Other than that very small complaint, I am loving the IS F.

Hi mate

Yes that's me - I had a stage 3 S3 & a C63 previously - sold both and now the ISF. Congrats on yours, glad your liking it.

I think the ISF is so understated esp when you bring it up in any convo on EURO forums - I do my best to keep it objective but some ppl are just narrow minded when it comes to badges ;)

I've just done the suspension and wheels - looks and handles like a dream

Cheers

Mike

lol easiest way for bogans to under stand

Holden to HSV lol

but then again it's just more than changing engine sand suspensions lol

Hi mate

Yes that's me - I had a stage 3 S3 & a C63 previously - sold both and now the ISF. Congrats on yours, glad your liking it.

I think the ISF is so understated esp when you bring it up in any convo on EURO forums - I do my best to keep it objective but some ppl are just narrow minded when it comes to badges ;)

I've just done the suspension and wheels - looks and handles like a dream

Cheers

Mike

I saw your pics in the other post. What size tyres are those and are those rims the same as the rims on the US market IS F's? Looks very similar. Have your changes increased the harshness of the suspension? Any rubbing of tyres on the wheel arches? Looks great by the way......

OK answer time guys.

As at this morning there were 313 sold new to retail buyers & a total of 354 new registered on Australian roads since the release in late 2008.

Ultrasonic was pretty close

Nice work Ultrasonic. I was wayyy out.

I saw your pics in the other post. What size tyres are those and are those rims the same as the rims on the US market IS F's? Looks very similar. Have your changes increased the harshness of the suspension? Any rubbing of tyres on the wheel arches? Looks great by the way......

Thanks mate

The wheels specs are 20x8.5 front with 245/30 tyres and 20x10 rear with 255/30. The rear offset is fairly aggressive +38 so 255 was the widest I could go and had to roll the guards to avoid rubbing. In regards to suspension that floaty feel with the OEM shocks are gone. Ride is not harsh unless you land in a pothole :)- best way to describe it that the car settles allot faster on bumps which helps handling. Happy to give you a drive if you are in Sydney.

Only 354 sold, that's exclusive & the chances of seeing a fellow ISF owner on the road is quite rare :)