Isf Owners Post Up Pics Of Your Isf!

ilv1004s

18 hours ago, Gregorydarcy said:

Hi all picked up this a month or two ago. Planning on an RR tune pack, have ordered a varex x force which is taking its sweet time via sparesbox.

Mate at work with a tuned CLA45 bet me 5k he will beat me at the drags. I Will need to have slicks and a bit of luck IMO

IMG_7371.JPG

Your better off getting it tuned locally, rr doing some great work but I wouldn't be trusting a generic tune when their fuel and ambient conditions are way different to ours.

1 hour ago, 18ADF said:

Your better off getting it tuned locally, rr doing some great work but I wouldn't be trusting a generic tune when their fuel and ambient conditions are way different to ours.

That thought did cross my mind. Any suggestions of who and where?

1 hour ago, Gregorydarcy said:

That thought did cross my mind. Any suggestions of who and where?

Sonny at autowerks is in Sydney or James at bayside performance services in qld are the only tuners locally who've successfully tuned the 2urgse 

12 minutes ago, 18ADF said:

Sonny at autowerks is in Sydney or James at bayside performance services in qld are the only tuners locally who've successfully tuned the 2urgse 

Ive studied the *BLEEP* out of this and RR racing have kindly offered to monitor my ECU and map to see how it responds to melb weather, - can be altered further and post install to suit . That's good enough for me! 

Data log? I'd still be running it up on the dyno to check afr's. Pretty sure someone attempted it but unsuccessful, good luck though 

On 7/7/2017 at 9:16 PM, 18ADF said:

Sonny tuned my ISF and a few other members on this forum.  Can only speak on behalf of myself but i was happy with the tune.  I think its overpriced for whats invovled in the tune but it was the going rate if you get my drift.  Every dyno is different but i was happy with the before and afters.

Prior to getting his recommendation i contacted a few other places who can also tune the ISF (syd based):

1. BTA motorsports - Ali.  He advised about 30rwk and 20% more torque as estimates.  Obviously pending what mods you have currently influence this

2. CPI tuning - Sasha or Joe.  Think they have interstate and oseas offices too.  He sent me a dyno of a final tune but doesnt really mean much without the before so it looked like a happy dyno vs autowerks but still, havent used them so not sure of the quality etc

3. C&V advised they are sure they can tune it but wanted to see my car to be sure, see if their software is compatible etc so i can only assume they might be able to but havent tuned 1 before otherwise they would say yep can do etc.

10 hours ago, Gregorydarcy said:

That car was for sale recently?

Well, I didn't sell it- I bought it off the previous owner 2 months ago. The seller never took those shots. 

On 10/07/2017 at 9:02 AM, Noodle Boy said:

Well, I didn't sell it- I bought it off the previous owner 2 months ago. The seller never took those shots. 

That's weird, I went to look at it and the buyer told me he didn't want to sell it anymore. Maybe he didn't like me lol

Hey guys, picked mine up in November last year, just getting through some basic mods and still going.

Currently got:

• PPE Headers with Borla Axle Back Exhaust
  • MCA Red Coilovers
  • Advan GT Rims
  • Genuine Wald Diffuser
  • Genuine Wald Bootlip
  • FlowDesigns Side Splitters
  • BaysonR Front Lip
  • Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel

In the process of organizing custom cat-back exhaust. 2.5" dual all the way with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Mufflers with Quad Tips. After that will be sourcing some MY11/12 Headlights and that should be most of the mods done.

Loving the car every drive and hopefully once exhaust and tune is done I can get back out to the track :) 

19620254_1697031907271403_23774752839849044_o.jpg

35090283265_2ff8c01273_o.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Alexl8891 said:

Love the ass shot, looks really mean! Curious did you purchase the car with the mods already? 

Hey mate, nah bought it 100% stock minus an intake.

Got a good deal on the PPE Headers so they went on relatively quickly, other stuff has slowly happened since January this year :)

If you want the best tune for the ISF go with RR Racing they do so much more than Sydney based tuners... More throttle response, higher red line, gearbox calibrations, ECL eliminated and Rafi will bend over backwards to help you, and it will be cheaper. Sydney BASIC tune $2000 and it is a simple flash tune IF they get it right. Do your home work

2 hours ago, 2bling said:

If you want the best tune for the ISF go with RR Racing they do so much more than Sydney based tuners... More throttle response, higher red line, gearbox calibrations, ECL eliminated and Rafi will bend over backwards to help you, and it will be cheaper. Sydney BASIC tune $2000 and it is a simple flash tune IF they get it right. Do your home work

Any real evidence to back this up? im finding your statement quite amusing considering they simply cant tune to our exact conditions from the other side of the world.... Any dyno sheets performed in australia with the rr racing tune? Sydneys tuning is a little pricey compared to brisbane. My tune was performed way back in 2015 for around the $1400 mark. But in saying that by the time you receive rafi's equipment and if was me id be atleast running it up on the dyno to check your still going to be well over $1000 deep for a generic tune at the end of the day.... I liked how you described sonny's tuning as basic... im still yet to see a dyno sheet from a rr racing tuned car in australia... Has not been done to my knowledge so since youve done all your homework show us some of his work used in australia to back up your statement.

In the scenario rafi's tune needs editing to suit our conditions how do you plan on getting it tweaked? sending tunes back and forth isnt really ideal and very time consuming  and do you really want to risk anything happening to your engine to save a few bucks?

• Like 1

Well RR have done years of tune testing I thing Rafi was the one to crack the ecm in these cars (don't quote me) USA has just as many weather conditions as OZ if not more(and he can tune the ECM to any fuel type). My car was not dyno tuned it was flash tuned which is a generic tune, it took less than 1/2 a day to do a flange mod, dyno before and after, plus he put the wrong idle tables in causing the car to break down on the way home.(which cost me a lot in $ and stress he did eventually paid 1/2 my towing fees so generous of him) I am a mechanic and I new what the problem was as I had my scan tool with me, ooh but no it couldn't be the tune (says sonny). His tune does not increase throttle response only above 3600rpm, NO gearbox parameters are changed, NO rev limit changed, NO ECL delete. I have personally spoken to Rafi about a tune for OZ and he assured me there would be no problems with a RR tune in OZ as you have to give him the commuter model number for every single car, because there a some variations for different models.(He has sent tunes to a few place outside the USA and had NO problems, send him a email) I have had 2 HSV,s dyno tuned and it takes a day to get them perfect on the dyno 1/2 a tank of petrol is used and then road tested for 45 minutes, my ISF had maybe 5 litres used and a 5 minute test drive. And no I have not seen a RR tune in OZ if I had my time over I would have gone RR as they know a hell of a lot more about these cars than any one in OZ.

4 hours ago, 2bling said:

Well RR have done years of tune testing I thing Rafi was the one to crack the ecm in these cars (don't quote me) USA has just as many weather conditions as OZ if not more(and he can tune the ECM to any fuel type). My car was not dyno tuned it was flash tuned which is a generic tune, it took less than 1/2 a day to do a flange mod, dyno before and after, plus he put the wrong idle tables in causing the car to break down on the way home.(which cost me a lot in $ and stress he did eventually paid 1/2 my towing fees so generous of him) I am a mechanic and I new what the problem was as I had my scan tool with me, ooh but no it couldn't be the tune (says sonny). His tune does not increase throttle response only above 3600rpm, NO gearbox parameters are changed, NO rev limit changed, NO ECL delete. I have personally spoken to Rafi about a tune for OZ and he assured me there would be no problems with a RR tune in OZ as you have to give him the commuter model number for every single car, because there a some variations for different models.(He has sent tunes to a few place outside the USA and had NO problems, send him a email) I have had 2 HSV,s dyno tuned and it takes a day to get them perfect on the dyno 1/2 a tank of petrol is used and then road tested for 45 minutes, my ISF had maybe 5 litres used and a 5 minute test drive. And no I have not seen a RR tune in OZ if I had my time over I would have gone RR as they know a hell of a lot more about these cars than any one in OZ.

Yeah Rafi would have been one of the first over in the usa. Mine was done well before they released any of their info/tunes etc... Oh your the guy that had a bad experience with Autowerks.... unlucky but i guess that comes down to the individual tuner...If you were in brisbane you would have had much better luck. I can tell you the tune done by BPS on my vehicle covered all aspects of tuning youve spoken about, overall my car was tuned for quite a number of hours over the course of 1 week (i didnt mind as i was working away at the time) He def didnt charge anywhere near half of what he should have but he put it down to the experience and learning. Mines still very economical on and off track all considering, overall driveability is soo much more responsive, alot more torque across the full range aswell. Ive had mine for 2 1/2 yrs now and had not issues, numerous dyno runs over that time and figures havent changed, Over 20 track mornings and several powercruises and its been incredible with no issues. We didnt feel the need to raise the limiter as there is no need as power drops off around there anyway. the only reason the guys over in the states raise it is due to them hitting 4th gear limiter before the 1/4 ends. Good luck with RR's tune though and youll have to update us once its all loaded up to share how great his tuning is...

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2017 at 8:40 PM, Eyecandydetailing said:

Swift springs installed and front lip. Really want some Vossens bad now!

Yep Bayson R, under 300 shipped, its actually really good, urethane so its flexible and wont break, im going to paint it gloss black soon.

Got my spacers on this week too. New wheels on the way but 4-6 week wait :( Cant come soon enough...

20170522_155424.jpg

Looks great with the spacers - have you got specs / brand info you wouldn't mind sharing? The rear wheels in particular need a good 10-15mm to make them look good.

Any scrubbing?

Hi all - new member here. Just got my IS-F a few months ago from Brisbane. Was in pretty desperate need of a paint correction and a thorough detail inside and out, but its looking great now. Have started doing a few little mods and enjoying the car alot.

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG