Isf Owners Post Up Pics Of Your Isf!

ilv1004s

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Had to get new tyres so figured best time to get new wheels too lol.  Yeah i know any excuse but it works for me :-)

Alot of the guys in the states swear by Michelin super sports so went with those and always loved the black on black look so went that way with red/orange calipers painted too. 

Had to given these wheels show off the calipers more.

Also got a new gear knob, purely bling but it glows on touch.  Each to their own but i like it :-)

Loving the Apexi throttle controller too.  Great factory finish with it replacing one of the blank buttons

after.jpg

pic1.jpg

side2.jpg

side3.jpg

red.jpg

green.jpg

blue.jpg

side4.jpg

9 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Had to get new tyres so figured best time to get new wheels too lol.  Yeah i know any excuse but it works for me :-)

Alot of the guys in the states swear by Michelin super sports so went with those and always loved the black on black look so went that way with red/orange calipers painted too. 

Had to given these wheels show off the calipers more.

Also got a new gear knob, purely bling but it glows on touch.  Each to their own but i like it :-)

Loving the Apexi throttle controller too.  Great factory finish with it replacing one of the blank button

Yeah, PSS is a very good tyre - I've just replaced on mine now and it's great! Also interesting is that I went up a couple of sizes on the front and rear with lower profile and was expecting it to be a bit harsher on the ride, but for some reason it's actually a bit more comfortable - must be something to do with the sidewall construction on the PSS.

I'm running 245/35 and 265/35.  

I see that you kept it stock? you should've changed it - the wider front makes a noticeable difference :)

Looking good, BLK ISF.     Good tyres Michelin PSS, I use them myself.  I'm also running 245/35 and 265/35. next time I might try 275/35 on the back.

11 hours ago, Spec said:

Yeah, PSS is a very good tyre - I've just replaced on mine now and it's great! Also interesting is that I went up a couple of sizes on the front and rear with lower profile and was expecting it to be a bit harsher on the ride, but for some reason it's actually a bit more comfortable - must be something to do with the sidewall construction on the PSS.

I'm running 245/35 and 265/35.  

I see that you kept it stock? you should've changed it - the wider front makes a noticeable difference :)

I was considering the wider options and read many different views from the guys in the states but with mixed opinions.  Some said they liked it, some said they regretted it etc so like you, i thought it would be harsh and too low a profile so played it safe. 

Used to have a wrx, very low profile etc and hated the bumpy ride so was fearing a similar ride.

Ah well, theres always next time.  Doubt the tyres will last years lol

6 hours ago, LTuned said:

Looking good, BLK ISF.     Good tyres Michelin PSS, I use them myself.  I'm also running 245/35 and 265/35. next time I might try 275/35 on the back.

Cheers mate.  Few more things to do and ill be contempt.  Got the exhaust and wheels which was a must for me.  Want headers but cant justify the price lol. Even a diffuser seems very excessive but ah well.  Yeah i was considering the wider option but was put off from some opinions from the US ISF forums so played it safe.

Its a daily ride for me and would cringe at the idea of an excessive bumpy ride

BLKISF - where'd you get the gearshift - one the fence as to whether it's a little chinzy...but the blue would bring out the blue stitching on by black interior / flame blue car and when I showed the wife she love it. Can you lock it on one colour?

9 hours ago, Monyx said:

BLKISF - where'd you get the gearshift - one the fence as to whether it's a little chinzy...but the blue would bring out the blue stitching on by black interior / flame blue car and when I showed the wife she love it. Can you lock it on one colour?

Hi Monyx,

Here is a link to it.  Only approx $40au so a bargain compared to some other ones.  Ive got many compliments on it so yeah happy overall.  It does sit a bit taller than the stock but if i drive manual, i use the paddles so not overly concerned.

Nope you cant lock in 1 colour.  They have other knobs but this one you cant.  It glows when touched from the front as if youre holding it and then alternates through about 5 colours for 30 seconds before it stops glowing.  It comes with a usb charge to cigarette but ive used it for weeks now without a charge.  In saying that i hardly touch it so it only glows a few times a day when reversing

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-Car-Auto-Shift-Knob-Activated-Discolor-Gear-Stick-Shifter-Lever-For-Lexus-/262241066029?hash=item3d0ec91c2d:g:zFYAAOSwa-dWl0I3

Heres a pic of the Apexi unit installed.  Really impressed with its factory finished.  Most wouldnt even realise its fitted unlike some other chunky units.

Definitely a great, affordable and fun mod :-)

apexi modes.jpg

apexi.jpg

button.jpg

1 hour ago, BULLIT said:

Is the Apexi Throttle controller just like having it in Sports mode where the accelerator is more responsive, also where are they available from?

I'd describe it as the sports mode on steroids lol. Especially in either red and in particular purple mode. It's much more enjoyable to drive with the overall responsiveness dramatically better. It just compliments the sports mode perfectly. 

Read so many reviews online and all feedback was nothing but praise. 

Got it from a seller on eBay for about 200ish au. Less than a week delivered to Sydney. 

On 21/07/2016 at 8:43 AM, MR2QIK said:

Nice! Been meaning to get one of these. Did you install the reverse module?

Nah didn't bother.from what I've read on various forums, must don't bother. I find reversing the same, no issue at all. If you reverse quick and heavy footed, maybe but otherwise not really needed my opinion.