Auto Folding Mirrors

Ashpoint

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry for the delay, I forgot about this thread.

The guys in Bangkpk did find an appropriate plug and socket but the connectors were of poor constructon and qualitythat they decded to stick with the universal harness for the 2010+ models.

Obtaining a reliable (always ON) 12 volts had been an issue with 2010 models but recent experiments by two installers seems to have resolved the issue.

If you have a 2010 model, I'm interested to oversea the revised connection in your car. Call me on 0418 229 934.

• 3 months later...

Hi Kyo (and Dori*mon)...

I'll respond to your PM as requested, but would like to bring folk up-to-date with the Po-40 progress.

A ) Yes, it is still available and selling well.

B ) I have now sold into the UK (where I have local supplies for shorter delivery times into European countries). Most sales going into the is220d (diesel),

C ) Other countries are Ireland, France and Rumania where the cars were LHD.

D ) Sold a few in Europe for the Lexus rx300 where a kit is fitted to each front door!

E ) Lexus Chatswood are instaling the Po-40 for clients and offering 12 month warranty on the Po-40.

F ) I am hoping to hear about a Melbourne dealer being on board this week.

G ) Results have been good with only one kit being returned claimed to be faulty but it got lost in postge to Bangkok before we could verify the issue.

H ) Self installers have sometimes struggled to get their kit going but a call to me or a last ditch exchange with the Bangkok expert has fixed all problems.

I ) Issues with the current model is250/350 has been traced to a poor 12v supply in the door, Connecting to a different 12v bus has seemed to have fixed the isue.

J ) Almost every self-install problem has been wrong wires connected. Complicated because the isX50 range has three different colour schemes in the loom controlling the mirrors and windows and two different colour schemes controlling the Lock/Unlock function. (That MUST cause headaches for the spares department).

K ) Getting the plastic liner off the door remaines the self-installer's biggest problem! Once inside the door, things are pretty strraight forward.

As always, I'm happy to chat about the Po-40. My mobile is 0418 229 934.

If you want data sheets, please let me have your email address so I can send them to you as pdf attachments.

If ordering a kit, please remember to send me your actgual delivery address (don't laugh - it has happended twice already!)

Cheers,

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

I'm interested too if you can get a Melbourne dealer on board.

Does anyone know which melbourne dealer is best for getting OEM parts fitted on as well? I'm looking at getting the front lip and spoiler installed on my MY2011 IS250.

Thanks in advance.

• 5 weeks later...

I have had the kit for 1 and a half years or so and up until recently it stopped working.

I met up with Ashpoint to diagnose the problem and found it was not the kit that was faulty (Ashpoints thoughts from the beginning) but my wiring had become loose.

After that amount of time and his willingness to help you can't beat that.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Purchased the kit from Ashpoint and had it installed in 3 hours with the assistance via phone of Ashpoint. As a person who is an amateur at these things, i found the instructions a little complex for a beginner, however a quick phone call to Ashpoint answered all my questions! Cheers mate!

• 4 months later...

thanks ashpoint!

Finally got around to installing today and worked first time!

A little bit of fiddling around but worth it in the end. Great communication also. Keep up the good work!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Still got these?

YES   

Better to send me a standard email to which I can reply quoting prices and attaching an installation sheet.

My email address is MichaeR@Ashpoint.com.au

You can telephone me at 0418 229 934

Best regards,
Michael

Forums

News

Membership