Screeching Sound Coming From Engine Bay At Redline

ISF_Starlight_Black

Hi All

Hope everyone is well.

When I redline my ISF in 1st gear, I hear a kind of screeching sound coming from the engine bay as I change to 2nd. I then redline in 2nd gear, and as I change to 3rd gear i again hear a screeching sound coming from the engine bay.

Do any of you ISF owners experience the same thing? I have my first service at around december and I was going to bring this up with the service centre then.

Just curious if this is a normal occurence or not. Having only 3800km's on the clock, i wouldnt think it's a worn belt or anything.

Thanks.

That doesn't 'sound' right, mine doesn't do that. I'd take it to the dealer straight away and tell them the problem.

I wouldn't wait until Dec.

Thanks for the response Brisman.. Im down in melbourne for work (from tomorrow) for the week. I might bring the car in next week for them to check it out.

Definitely whatever is wrong should be fixed under warranty. Have not had this issue with my ISF but have had it on a previous car with some serious HP. New drive belts can slip if not tensioned properly.

Thanks for all your responses. I guess my concern is how I explain the situation to the service guys. If I said there is a screeching sound coming from the engine bay at redline, is that fairly descriptive for them to work out. Should I also mention to check the drive belts?

Im also kind of guessing that they are wanting to hear this for themselves so there will have to be a quiet stretch of road with no cops around to get the car up to speed.

Drive belts slipping under load apparently.

Spot on. That's what I was going to post. It's not a major issue but sounds terrible.

Easy fix.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/CRC-Belt-Grip-400g.aspx?pid=1444#Description

1444.jpg

I had a look through some service material for a picture to show you where it is.

512f77ca.jpg