Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone actually bothered with a boot liner around here. I like the idea of having one in case of liquid spills and to preserve the boot's original carpet (i.e. anything happens, worst thing would be to dump the liner if I can't wash it clean) but does anyone actually have one (or did anyone NOT buy one for any reason) and give me a run down on its cons?

I'm a little turned off with the idea since I won't be able to strap my cargo down (the rubber covers the cargo rings, right?).

Thanks!

I've an OEM one in my boot and I have to say it was a very worthwhile purchase for our IS.

With a young family, I don't need to stress about damp or sandy towels, clothing or toys being thrown in the boot and likewise if I need to transport building supplies or car parts I don't need to worry too much - any mess is easily wiped up or hosed off and the fabric underneath remains pristine.

It has raised cutouts for the tie down hooks, so that flexibility is maintained and access to anything underneath is quick and easy.

The sweetener was that I picked it up on eBay second hand for $50 in as new condition, so I didn't even pay the local Lexus tax to appreciate it.

I've an OEM one in my boot and I have to say it was a very worthwhile purchase for our IS.

+1. :D

I carry a lot of eqipment in wheeled suitcases, or my golf gear, and the carpet underneath is still pristine after 4 years of use.

The bootliner and the cargo net have been the most practical items I have bought for the car. Cut the slots into the liner and hook up the net. We get six bags of groceries in the net and no rolling cans around the boot on the way home!! My car is 3 yrs old now and the original carpet and plastics look like new under the liner. I recently bought an IS250C and cannot find a liner anywhere. I made one from carpet as an interim and installed a new cargo net. With the roof down I get 4 bags of groceries in the boot (and nothing else) ;)))

Ian,

You may have missed the "C" after the IS250 in my reply or my new pic of a red car instead of a pearl white one. I now have the convertible which has a smaller/narrower boot than the sedan. Imagine taking the armrest out of the backseat of your 250, that's what it is like. So far, my international websurfing has not rendered anyone making a rubberised/waterproof boot liner for the convertible. If i put the roof down after it rains, all the water and other crap (leaves etc) on the roof goes into the boot !!!!

I liked the idea of the OEM bootliner covering all the pockets and the first aid kit, it made for "secret" spaces, less accessible to dust and the kids.

Might have been for me (thanks Ian). I couldn't find a previous post when I was searching the forum. Maybe it's because I used the string: "boot liner". The 4 results that popped up didn't sound like what I was looking for.

Might have been for me (thanks Ian). I couldn't find a previous post when I was searching the forum. Maybe it's because I used the string: "boot liner". The 4 results that popped up didn't sound like what I was looking for.

It was for u :rolleyes: As I think I said in my post I purchased mine from Parramatta Lexus then saw the one on ebay. I think one of the other members purchased the one on ebay and was happy - I am very happy with the Lexus one except it was $40 dearer :D

I asked the dealer to throw a rubber OEM boot mat when I bought my IS.

Like others, I highly recommend it. Only downside is, you can't get to the underfloor compartments as easily, making one reluctant to use them (you tend to wait for others to get their screwdrivers out, instead of getting out your own, at Club meets :P ).

I asked the dealer to throw a rubber OEM boot mat when I bought my IS.

Like others, I highly recommend it. Only downside is, you can't get to the underfloor compartments as easily, making one reluctant to use them (you tend to wait for others to get their screwdrivers out, instead of getting out your own, at Club meets :P ).

Ah yes... one of the things I was worried about. Come a flat tyre, it would be an additional pain getting to your tools. Worse would be if you have a full boot on your trip. Excellent point!!

I would recommend one. I just had a spill this week and my carpets are still like new. Thank Goodnes. Saved my carpets from being replaced or damaged. I have one in each Lexus and they are worth it!