Lexus Isf Aftermarket Exhaust ?

Bennee

Hi,

I'm sure headers were around $2200.00, I'll have to check the forum threads.

I was at Lexus in Brisbane last week and that was their estimate, they are waiting on Chatswood for results on these and final cost

Just a thought, your header pricing from the states, was that for lefties or for our cars? PPE had to develop special headers for Oz, left is not the same as right so be careful, Oz headers are a special build from PPE.

Brisman

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

I came across this site in the states which has Sikky Headers for $1200 and Joey Z Exhaust for $1599. I got quoted 3k by Lexus of Chatswood and another 3k for the headers so its a significant saving. : http://vipautosalon....ent-use20-1?p=9

I have looked into freight and the exhaust is $480 to send over. Anyone want to do a group buy? Im sure we could get the exhaust a few hundred off?

Hi Mate,

Welcome to the forums, out of curiosity where are you getting the shipping quotes from ? Reason I ask is, there's a fair bit that goes into shipping and handling with the exhaust & I remember getting quoted close to $950 for shipping (L-Tuned) - also if there is no clear indication the exhaust is made in the USA you may get hit with import and GST.... I'm with Donald on this, do it once and do it right. Stick with Chatswood and save yourself the hassles.

Also you may want to read this thread before dealing with VIP - a little hit and miss - http://www.clublexus...on-problem.html

Also in regards to headers, those are not for the right hand drive cars - only PPE make them and from what I hear they just arrived last week. There's a few owners in Sydney lined up for the install this week from what I hear. These are the ones you're after - http://www.ppeengine...c?categoryId=80

Don't forget there's a few hours labour involved with the install so take that into consideration with pricing etc.

Cheers

Mike

Hi,

I'm sure headers were around $2200.00, I'll have to check the forum threads.

I was at Lexus in Brisbane last week and that was their estimate, they are waiting on Chatswood for results on these and final cost

Just a thought, your header pricing from the states, was that for lefties or for our cars? PPE had to develop special headers for Oz, left is not the same as right so be careful, Oz headers are a special build from PPE.

Brisman

I think it was around the 2900 mark mate, which is fair if you take into account ceramic coating, high flow cats, shipping and almost 6 - 7hrs labour on install.

No K & N filter, just a Joe Z pipe, I'm sure others can help with this one, I will say I like my set up a lot, and a I mean a lot.

Mike, thanks for the feedback on the headers, it will be interesting to see what the final price is from Brisbane.

Lexus of Brisbane have indicated there my be a disclaimer required as it removes a catalytic converter therefore making the car illegal on the road.

I'm not an expert on this but I get the gist of it, any thoughts, anybody?

Brisman

6-7 hours of labour is correct

the subframe has to be dropped

the headers from VIP are LHD headers and fitting them into our RHD will cause rubbing on the steering colum

As for the Cat's yes it is illegal to have no cats. The EPA will def get on tail for that

the guys in the states are running highlow cats

running a highflow cat will restrict the car only a little bit

No Cat around 430-440 HP atw (with Full exhaust+headers+intake)

With Highflow cats 400-430 hp atw (same as above)

Btw the cats will sit right behind the heaers on the lower part of the headers

6-7 hours of labour is correct

the subframe has to be dropped

the headers from VIP are LHD headers and fitting them into our RHD will cause rubbing on the steering colum

As for the Cat's yes it is illegal to have no cats. The EPA will def get on tail for that

the guys in the states are running highlow cats

running a highflow cat will restrict the car only a little bit

No Cat around 430-440 HP atw (with Full exhaust+headers+intake)

With Highflow cats 400-430 hp atw (same as above)

Btw the cats will sit right behind the heaers on the lower part of the headers

Good info, thanks for that, so just to clarify are Chatswood Lexus installing the headers with Highflow cats?

Also, what do you think the HP at the wheel is with exhaust and intake before the headers? I'm interested in the gains from the headers.

I've had the intake manifold polished up which I believe added a bit more than just the exhaust and intake, anyone got any numbers for this set up? I'm very impressed with these upgrades so Im just trying to work out if the headers are worth it.

Any info. or help would be appreciated.

Donald

I just checked Mike's link to PPE, 28-33 HP gains with High Flow Cats, pretty good.

I'm still interested in comments with regards to the polished intake manifold.

Donald

• 4 months later...

i got the port and polish, joez intake and exhaust from lexus of brisbane for $5000...

it sounds very tough and isn't too loud during normal driving.

Any independent dyno results?

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my car back from Chatswood Lexus today after the PPE header install. The car is certainly much louder but after having run just the JoeZ exhaust and an Injen intake for the last 6 months I'm still undecided if I think the headers are an improvement to the noise it produces. It's certainly bassier and has a deeper throb at idle, but the "blaring" tone that was only apparent between 2500-3000rpm with just the JoeZ is now apparent from around 2000 to more than 4000rpm.

Additionally (and this is the part that concerns me) what sounds like valve train noise is now quite audible in the cabin once the engine is up to temp. Has anyone else who has had the headers installed noticed this or should I be heading back down to Chatswood to let them have a listen?

• 9 months later...

Hey Brisman & Rolley Boy,

Sorry for posting on such an old thread, but the topic is exactly what I am investigating.

I am a new ISF owner in Brisbane and looking into the $5K upgrade package through Lexus of Bris ( Port&Polish, Exhaust & intake).

Now you have had this package installed for some time do you still love it?

Did you end up doing the PPE headers? Did you end up getting a Dyno?

Is the car too loud and obnoxious with the header fitted? I am happy for it to be loud under heavy throttle but want it to be relativly quiet under normal driving conditions.

I occasionally do some commutes up to Toowomba so dont particularly want a loud drone the whole way.

Appreciate your feedback.

Would be good to meet you guys at some stage.

Regards,

Scott.

Brisman has sold his ISF.

I think you will find the JoeZ with headers very loud, almost to loud for daily driving. I don't have the JoeZ but have been in several cars that do have it, I can tell you they do drone quite a lot but sound awesome. PM RecursiveLoop (Elgin) he has a Borla catback and headers and that sounds really good and not overbearingly loud.

I have an ISS Forged DES system and I love it, no where near the drone of the JoeZ.

Basically the Americans agree that headers make the power difference. If you change one thing, change them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Boarder

I'm thinking of selling mine or just a getting a stock one, I'll get mine checked out by chatswood or sydney city lexus and I'll let you know. I don't know what brand it is as it was already fitted to the car when I bought it

Cheers

Jay

Anyone with a modified exhaust system find that their interior panels resonate and cause irritating noise at certain a certain rev range?

I run a secondary decat and installed 2 magnaflows at the rear. I didn't want any drone and basically just wanted a little bit more anger in terms of noise. After installing the magnaflows, I experienced some drone but it wasn't unbearable. In fact it sounded pretty good especially on downshifts.

However, what irritated me was the interior panels resonating. The rear interior light assembly and rear door trims vibrated so badly at about 2-3000 rpms that it sounded like the muffler was rubbing or causing the heatshields to vibrate. Initially I thought it was coming from the outside of the car but when I had a mate in the rear, he pushed and prodded some of the interior trim and found that the noises stopped.

It was so annoying that I had the magnaflows removed and went back to the stock mufflers. It just wasn't a Lexus when the interior panels vibrated and buzzed.

Just wondering whether those of you with full systems and headers have the same issues inside the car?

Got my exhaust done yesterday.

I tried the resonator and muffler delete on the stock exhaust but that was WAYYYYYYYY too crazy.

New custom exhaust for 1.2k!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152155028781211&l=7436530436263307456

Hardlyyyyyyyy drones at all, there is SLIGHT drone 1.6-2k rpm but hardly annoying at all.

And it's fairly quiet to you get on it, which is what i wanted!

I did the muffler delete before the magnaflow and yup waaay too loud. Not sure how much ear wax is in our American siblings' ears for those of them who did this and say it is not loud at all. It's defect territory from 500m away.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of just getting the silencer taken out (which is the smaller muffler before it splits out into the 2 back boxes)

Has anyone else tried this??

That sounds sensational. But the funny thing is I know exactly where you left from and I live in Melbourne ;-). Lol

I can't believe it. From from the start turning onto the street I thought I know that area.

Anyhow sounds nice but not sure if I would like for a DD.

That sounds sensational. But the funny thing is I know exactly where you left from and I live in Melbourne ;-). Lol

I can't believe it. From from the start turning onto the street I thought I know that area.

Anyhow sounds nice but not sure if I would like for a DD.

ROFL

do you know my work area? hahaha awsome

for a DD

its very quiet

iv had alot of comment how quiet it is in cabin and no drones