Lexus Isf Aftermarket Exhaust ?

Bennee

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

until someone can adjust timing,and air /fuel mixture i really think not much more can be done, unless you rebuild a whole new motor and thats just stupid

johnm

until someone can adjust timing,and air /fuel mixture i really think not much more can be done, unless you rebuild a whole new motor and thats just stupid

johnm

Am currently in talks with a few places to see if this can be done. Hopefully have a answer soon.

Richie

johnm

I was under the impression the ECU did this recalibration itself over a period of 3-4 weeks, air/fuel mixture adjustment. That's why the guys at Lexus said to give it this amount of time to get the max. performance.

After all, the car does learn different driving styles and adjusts accordingly, so it is self learning.

On the other hand , I could totally be off the planet with this statement and full of bull.

the ecu will adjust to a point you must take into account we don;t drive flat out all the time

on my dyno sheets we were amazed how retarded the timing was once we did the exhaust

so if we can adjust the timing then we can adjust the air/fuel to match everything together

johnm

Thanks John, I think I understand a bit better.

I wish I could drive flat out all the time, I try too, but I'm not allowed by a couple of people, mainly the Police and my wife.

Edit: Can I ask how long after you fitted the exhaust did you do the dyno.

that sounds familiar(mainly the wife)

only a day ,but its going back on in about 2 weeks , i will let you know of any changes

• 2 weeks later...

Was driving in the city this afternoon around 6pm when I see they were filming what looked like a Lexus ct200h commercial.

There were a few cop cars blocking the street and obviously the film crew when I drove my car (with obviously my joez exhaust and air intake). The ct200h looked hot but all the cops and film crew people were looking at my car when I drove by with the very nice rumble of my exhaust;). Was totally flattered by that gesture:)

• 1 month later...

hm..im getting a minor exhaust job done

getting rid of the 2 rear mufflers and the flat piece in the rear axelback section where it restricts,

Get the Borla axle back exhaust.....easy changeover do it yourself in an hour or so.

I got one and it sounds great without being too loud and does not drone. Made the car a bit more responsive And bit more power but no massive performance gain like the other guys are getting with full joez exhausts and other mods. It also has the two offset exhaust tips like the factory mufflers

But it sounds bloody awesome for such a relatively cheap mod. Put a free flow air filter in (i have toms) and an intake ( i have joez) and it's a pretty good setup if you don't want to change the whole exhaust like the guys above. It's a good compromise.

• 2 weeks later...

HI all ISF lovers,

I have owned the ISF since 2009 and recently got the exhaust upgraded to the Joe Z Manifold with the Icode Cold air intake. First day on the road with the mods and wow, it has really changed the sound and I love the noise.

thanks to Carlos and Sid at Lexus Chatswood for a great modification.

too much rain to really test it but I will give it a run in all conditions over the next couple of weeks and post an update.

so far I love it!

brian

hi mate is there a big power difference by doing the exhaust and cold intake like what does it do 0-100.

HI all ISF lovers,

I have owned the ISF since 2009 and recently got the exhaust upgraded to the Joe Z Manifold with the Icode Cold air intake. First day on the road with the mods and wow, it has really changed the sound and I love the noise.

thanks to Carlos and Sid at Lexus Chatswood for a great modification.

too much rain to really test it but I will give it a run in all conditions over the next couple of weeks and post an update.

so far I love it!

brian

hi mate is there a big power difference by doing the exhaust and cold intake like what does it do 0-100.

I have not put this on the dyno yet. waiting for the Headers to come in. certainly sounds faster and on the track it didnt disappoint. having the guys at chatswood install a new driver controlled suspension system. I should get it back tomorrow.... cant wait

Just spoke to Richie about this, it's basically a TEIN EDFC which comprises of Tein coilovers with electronic damper control inside the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Those with a joez exhaust / cold air intake combo, have you noticed that after 3-4 months the exhaust sound seems louder. I could have sworn mine has gone louder when I slowly put the foot on the accelerator.

I took my car recently to a Lexus track day at eastern creek so I did push my car for the whole day.

I'm just wondering If this is normal or not or if it's my imagination.

I'm thinking of getting the headers installed and not sure now as it might increase the overall sound which could be too loud for me.

Hi all

Those with a joez exhaust / cold air intake combo, have you noticed that after 3-4 months the exhaust sound seems louder. I could have sworn mine has gone louder when I slowly put the foot on the accelerator.

I took my car recently to a Lexus track day at eastern creek so I did push my car for the whole day.

I'm thinking of getting the headers installed and not sure now as it might increase the overall sound which could be too loud for me.

Hi all

If anything mine got quieter after 2-3 months.

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys,

I came across this site in the states which has Sikky Headers for $1200 and Joey Z Exhaust for $1599. I got quoted 3k by Lexus of Chatswood and another 3k for the headers so its a significant saving. : http://vipautosalon.com/store/index.php/lexus/is-f-2008-present-use20-1?p=9

I have looked into freight and the exhaust is $480 to send over. Anyone want to do a group buy? Im sure we could get the exhaust a few hundred off?

Hey Guys,

I came across this site in the states which has Sikky Headers for $1200 and Joey Z Exhaust for $1599. I got quoted 3k by Lexus of Chatswood and another 3k for the headers so its a significant saving. : http://vipautosalon....ent-use20-1?p=9

I have looked into freight and the exhaust is $480 to send over. Anyone want to do a group buy? Im sure we could get the exhaust a few hundred off?

Hello,

Headers are around $2200.00 from what I have been told. With regards to your Joe Z, your at $2100.00 without fitting, maybe another $200-$300 to have the Joe Z fitted unless you do it yourself (hassle), yes a significant saving on the $3K quoted ( $600-$700)

My question would be, why would you try and save $600-$700 dollars on a $135K car (approx. 0.6%) and ruin the warranty, at least if you spend the extra few hundred your warranty still holds with Lexus, even at an extra $1000.00 it wouldn't be worth it to me, sorry I don't see the benefits of this but each to their own.

Regards

Brisman

you make a very valid point, the way i see it is that if i import these parts in my self, the savings will pay for an additional modification like a K&N Filter, im not really thinking about saving the money, just thinking of being able to do more to the car, but once again you do make a very valid point about the warranty, maybe i should concentrate my efforts on negotiating a better price from Lexus :)

I agree, negotiating with Lexus is the better option.

As we all know, the best time is when your buying the car, negotiating on $135K is easier than on $3K, that's when to get the money for the upgrades.

Anyway, I'm a believer in warranty, if you do this yourself and there is problems these cars are not going to be inexpensive to fix, one thing wrong and your savings are gone, if Lexus do it, it's their problem, it's there concern.

I've had the Joe Z exhaust done, along with the intake and a ported intake manifold by Lexus, very happy.

I'm just waiting on some feedback on the headers before doing anything.

C'mon guys, where's the headers.

Regards

Brisman

yeah i hear ya ! This is the most expensive car i have ever bought so i should probably respect the warranty. I spoke to the guys at Lexus of Chatswood yesterday and they said the headers have arrived and are waiting clearance at the docks. I just thought 3k for headers was a bit steep ,especially since they are $1200 from the states.