Lexus Isf Aftermarket Exhaust ?

Bennee

That sounds sensational. But the funny thing is I know exactly where you left from and I live in Melbourne ;-). Lol

I can't believe it. From from the start turning onto the street I thought I know that area.

Anyhow sounds nice but not sure if I would like for a DD.

ROFL

do you know my work area? hahaha awsome

for a DD

its very quiet

iv had alot of comment how quiet it is in cabin and no drones

Yep, our factory is around the corner on PWD :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

Im an owner of a 2010 isf in sydney. Just wanted some advice to an upgrade for headers and exhaust. What are the choices for Sydney and any personal experiences will be appreciated. I have always liked the meisterschaft system , but exhaust and mid already close to $8-9k. Any advice will be great.

Many thanks guys

I ended up getting just my silencer removed for a cost of $180. Has made the exhaust louder but still very comfortable and quite on the freeway. I think for some it may not be loud enough, but for what I was after it was perfect.

• 1 month later...

Got my exhaust done yesterday.

I tried the resonator and muffler delete on the stock exhaust but that was WAYYYYYYYY too crazy.

New custom exhaust for 1.2k!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152155028781211&l=7436530436263307456

Hardlyyyyyyyy drones at all, there is SLIGHT drone 1.6-2k rpm but hardly annoying at all.

And it's fairly quiet to you get on it, which is what i wanted!

Sounds very nice, and quite cheap too. Do you have any contact details for the maker?

I just bought Danny's ISF, but got it with the stock exhaust/headers. On the lookout for headers, but recently installed a Borla header back exhaust with high flow cats.

It's pretty much perfect. Has a nice deep tone & isn't annoying when cruising around town, but comes alive & sounds nice/muscly under WOT (compliments the Injen intake). No drone or interior rattling to report, so I'm a happy camper. Should get a bit louder when I get headers & delete the primary cats.

From everything that I've read the Borla seems like a great option. I'd love to be able to hear some of the different combinations in the flesh, it just doesn't translate so well over youtube etc..

The Americans seem to love comparing exhausts @ meet, so next Sydney meet, anyone's welcome to hear mine.

The youtube pics aren't really much to go off except for loosely gauging/comparing the different tones.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone who can recommend a shop which has done a great job on a custom exhaust?

I am thinking of retaining the OEM rear cans, but removing all the restrictive pipes etc before that and making it a true dual system.. Should be a cheap alternative with good results!

It's not a difficult job at all. Exhaust shops that spring to mind would be Castle Hill Exhaust, Performance Exhaust Centre in Northmead & Windsor Exhaust. More an matter of convenience for you.

You won't be able to make it a true dual system at the exit retaining the OEM rear mufflers. If you want to de-restrict, the restrictive bits would be the cats & Y pipe (the crushed section). If you plan on headers without primary cats, replace the secondaries with high-flow units. If not planning headers, delete the secondary cats altogether. Wouldn't ditch all the cats given the EPA risk.

I was hesitant to butcher the factory exhaust, so bought aftermarket instead.

Thanks for the response! Thats awesome ill give them a call.

This attached image is what i was after, utilising the stock rear cans, but custom from there up to the headers and cats (OEM cats attached to headers).

327342d1399251331-stock-isf-muffler-inna

Can anyone tell me if the ISF with a Joe Z system would get through a road worthy inspection, or get knocked back due to emissions or to loud?

What switchable valves are you planning to use? I have headers & another midpipe lined up to go with my Borla, however want a switchable valve to bypass the mufflers for when I wanna be a bit obnoxious :)

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

In case you have not know, i just seen Xforce release a Bluetooth controlled app/module box.

http://www.xforce.com.au/xforce-varex-app

I got a varex system fitted so for now the remote is good enough for me but thought others may be interested.  No idea about userbility, never used before, not affiliated with them blah blah, just thought good on them for trying to release new product.

FYI - i sent them an email, was curious.  Advised they have sold out alreday, didnt anticipate the interest etc.  Not available until mid Oct.  Most retailers are selling for $399 into price but they said that will change once sold for a while, intro period ends.  I nicer remote would be nice like the Armytrix, my slider part is loose already lol

Wow thats a piece of art.  I remember seeing a HKS or some fancy setup on our ISF.  Looked like a plumbing masterpiece with the trumpet style mufflers.  I wouldnt even want to imagine the price tag :-(

• 4 weeks later...

Currently i'm looking at these - http://www.bestexhaust.com.au/store/borla-lexus-2008-2014-back-p-852.html

Have done a little bit of reading and it seems like these exhausts are decent, although they appear to be the only ones available here in Australia that you can attain with somewhat ease. 

Did a bit of further reading and it seems like there may be possible quality issues with Borla exhausts? read someone with the IS350 one complaining that the fitment sucked as it hung far too low below the car. 

Furthermore, there have been mentions of people complaining about the droning with this exhaust, I think it's hard to pull the trigger on this without hearing it in real life as Youtube videos can differ greatly to what it sounds in person. The smell that comes out is probably an even bigger issue which has also been mentioned on clublexus.