hey guys, is there any person know how much to pay if crashed a courtesy car???? i got a friend leaving his GS at lexus dealer for service, and he just drive a new IS250 as courtesy car. however, he kissed the butt of a merc, so basically the front bumper & grille is broken, not sure if the car write off or not... so any one know how much he will need to pay for that??? is the car covered with insurance so he just need to pay access fee??? and also because it was his fault, so would the insurance (if there is) cover the 3rd party too???

It depends on which Lexus service centre he has serviced his car with. From what I was told, each dealer has a different insurance policy.

Some insurance policy that Lexus has will not cover under 21s whilst some will. Best to call the dealer or read the terms and conditions of the Courtesy car (paper he signed to hire the courtesy car)

Um pretty simple really ... Read the thing you signed before you took the courtersy car !!!!!!!!!

i wanted to say that too but it seemed pretty harsh. lol...... but yeah as LEX51S said.

Thanks guys... That was pretty violent...because he was sending SMS... and the car is serviced at Sydney city lexus... he pretents another person who want to do the service, and ask about damage the courtesy car...lexus waterloo said that any scratch or dent etc... will cost $2000.... then my friend ask what about accident.. they just say, it will be another story.... so.... i need to know what the story could be LOL...

Thanks guys... That was pretty violent...because he was sending SMS... and the car is serviced at Sydney city lexus... he pretents another person who want to do the service, and ask about damage the courtesy car...lexus waterloo said that any scratch or dent etc... will cost $2000.... then my friend ask what about accident.. they just say, it will be another story.... so.... i need to know what the story could be LOL...

Sending an sms?? Should charge him more for the repairs then.

Yeah, its a massive excess! ($2k). If Lexus dealers were smart, they could make some more money by adding a little bit extra to your service bill or something (as an option if the customer wishes) by dropping the excess down to a more reasonable $400 or something, just like the hire car companies typically offer.

Drove my IS250 to Lexus Chatswood today for a 75000KM service.

Offered me a CT200H F Sport as a courtesy car, which is not what I hoped for but still an interesting little car.

The excess from Chatswood is $2500, and if you purchase an optional $45 insurance, they'll reduce down to $500.

And I didn't want to take my chances so I paid the insurance.

So the deal is the Lexus dealer charge you way more for a service and take no responsibilty regarding insurance for the use of the courtesy car. Thanks but I prefer to stick with my local qualified mechanic.