Group Buy: Invidia Is250/350 Mid-Pipe

kyo

GROUP BUY CLOSED!

Guys,

This is the official group buy post for Invidia IS250/350 Mid-Pipe (Item#: HS06LISMIP)

Product detail: Invidia USA Website

Discussion Post: http://au.lexusowner...opic=11323&st=0

Price:

$453 USD landed at Sydney airport (Custom Cleared).

At present, according to XE.com the AUD vs USD currency exchange sits around 1.024

So, $453 USD = approx $442 AUD

ETA:

5 Working Days after Group Buy closes.

Collection:

TBA - Sydney Olympic Park or Rhodes or nearby.

Other state buyers need your post code for shipping charge.

Payment:

To make the transaction easier I'll pay to get 10 mid-pipes in the country first.

Full amount to be paid upon collection - Cash/Bank Transfer.

Or you can deposit $100 in advance to secure your order. PM me for detail.

People Committed so far:

1. Kyo

2. Stef K

3. 123045007

4. Fanel

5. Mez1103

6. Zed_IS250

7. Cevu

Installation:

Castle Hill Exhaust Centre or Performance Exhaust in North Parramatta

To be confirmed.

Closing Date:

7th September 2012

IMPORTANT NOTES!

1. If you want your name to be added/removed from this group buy, please post below.

2. Please keep this post clean, only for people to discuss about the group buy and the nature of this transaction.

3. If you have any questions about the mid-pipe, please see and post it in the discussion post first!

4. I have no relation to the supplier/vendor, I have a full time business/job to run, so please be patience on getting my reply.

GROUP BUY CLOSING MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!!!

After closing, I'll PM all committed members individually for your real name and contact number.

Also, I've spoken to the boys at Castle Hill Exhaust Centre and Performance Exhaust in North Parramatta, they can do the installation at around $70. Could be a lot cheaper if it's just a simple hookup with no fitment issues. So I'll find out when the pipe arrives.

Kyo, just a word of warning... it's not a simple hook up.

There is a cross member bar that will need to be taken off. Also the flanges fit quite oddly so a lot of gasket seal paste is needed.

And the last pain the pass thing is that the oxygen sensors will need to be cut, unless they have a very special tool (Most shop dont have this... even exhaust shops). Even if they have this tool, it needs to fit the gap (most are too long).

$70 is a good price if they will do it properly. It's a pain in ass to do it properly and with quality work.

There is a cross member bar that will need to be taken off. Also the flanges fit quite oddly so a lot of gasket seal paste is needed.

And the last pain the pass thing is that the oxygen sensors will need to be cut, unless they have a very special tool (Most shop dont have this... even exhaust shops). Even if they have this tool, it needs to fit the gap (most are too long).

$70 is a good price if they will do it properly. It's a pain in ass to do it properly and with quality work.

Thanks for the heads-up mate!

Sounds not as easy as I first thought, it makes even more incentive to do a group installation if we can find an exhaust shop that knows what to do.

Still got a few questions hope you can help, see discussion post:

http://au.lexusowner...opic=11323&st=0

I had this done a while back on my own car and confirm it is a PITA install and there is an issue with the seal. Had it professionally done at HiTech Exhausts in Darlinghurst and they had to do the job twice with no success and a continued leak. I am in no way saying this place is bad, as it is a very reputable store and could possibly be just the person who did the work but that is my experience.

Went to Castle Hill exhaust as they have done work on my cars previously. Didn't go there originally as its far from where i live but i should have. They fixed it up within 10 minutres and no further dramas. Can't recommend them highly enough so good to hear you guys could possibly be using them.

GROUP BUY CLOSED

Hi Guys,

Quick update, I've place an order of 10 pipes on Saturday, but still waiting on the supplier's reply.

Consider U.S is about 15~16hrs behind, so I expect to receive a confirmation sometime tonight.

I'll send PM to committed members after I got the supplier's confirmation.

At the meantime, please free feel to PM me if you missed out on the group buy.

Kyo

Guys.

The group buy order has been confirmed by the US Supplier.

Our mid-pipes will take approx 7 working days to arrive Sydney airport, I'll take care of the custom declaration bits and get them to my place.

All committed buyers will getting a PM from me tonight detailing the collection process.

Kyo

Update!

The pipes have been collected this morning by the shipping broker - Concordia Freight Forwarder

It will fly out of U.S over the weekend.

I've called the broker's Sydney office today, expecting the goods to be Custom cleared by Friday next week!!! I'll then go pick them up at their warehouse in Botany on that weekend if they open.

Will keep you guys updated!

Please PM me if you still want to join the group buy.

how about we set up a meet for that date

ill be there to hand out stickers too

Sounds like a plan Danny! Maybe on the week starting 24th? I'll be in touch when the pipes arrive.

Aloc sticker FTW!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

Sorry about the lack of update, being busy at work lately, had to travel to NZ for couple of days last week.

The shipment has arrived Sydney, custom cleared, duty & gst paid, now ready to delivery to my doorrrrrrr!!!! :D :D :D

So I'm waiting for the shipping broker to give me a delivery date, maybe tomorrow!! Will post photos when it arrives.

gw 0431149649

give me a sms bro

we will organize a good date to set it up

Bro, PMed Ya!

Guys, pipes will be in my home tomorrow morning :)

OK GUYS!

THIS IS WHAT WE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!

Freshly offloaded this afternoon, now kept at my little storage room. :)

But unfortunately, I have business trip to NZ for next two days, and a Golf match on this Saturday, also Sunday is for church and mid-moon festival family gathering (If you are Asian you'll understand this.).

So the group collection/meet will have to be arrangement for sometime next week. Next weekend maybe?

At the meantime, I can now take the pipes to Castle-Hill & Hi-Tech exhaust to find out their installation cost.

People who's from interstate and has provided their postcode will hear from me soon on the domestic shipping cost.

PS. Think I won't go gym today. The courier just left the pallet at the apartment drive way, had to run back and forth to move them to my storage with my bear hands. Not fun :(

8025655708_52d116d75b.jpg

8025656104_af9025555a.jpg

8025654491_ece766c49c.jpg

8025654899_cb9fda4403.jpg

8025657306_d36e65ef7f.jpg

NSW Labor Date Update!

Guys I'm back from NZ!!!

Was going to find out the installation cost and postage cost, but what you know... public holiday :)

For Interstate members:

I did some checking online, below is the shipping estimate from courier's online quotation system.

Package Dimension: L 125cm x W 25cm x H 42cm

Package Weight: approx 10Kg

Sending from NSW Postcode 2067 or 2138 to 3856 or 3173

Australia Post: Too long, the Length cannot exceed 105cm.

Pack & Send: Waiting for manual quotation.

Fastway: Over Cubic Weight

Smart Send: $59.86 (2-4 W.D)

Toll IPEC: $59.34 (2-3 W.D)

Allied Road Express: $69.86 (2-3 W.D)

Unless you guys have a preferred Courier, otherwise I'll choose the cheapest one.

I'll send you guys my account detail tomorrow after book-in the courier.

For Sydney Members:

So we got three places potentially can do the job:

1. CastleHill Performance Exhaust

2. Hi-Tech Exhaust

3. Midas Hornsby (Thanks to Zed's headsup)

Tomorrow I'll take the pipe to Hornsby and CastleHill to get a rough idea of the installation cost.

Once decided, it'll be our group meet venue.

Alternatively, you can pm me to arrange individual pickup in Chatswood or Rhodes. Again, bring cash please...

Update:

For Interstate members:

Shipping quote and bank detail sent to interstate buyers.

For Sydney Members:

Platnium_Jay to check with Chatswood Lexus on installation cost.

I'll be driving around these shop to check.

1. CastleHill Performance Exhaust

2. Hi-Tech Exhaust

3. Midas Hornsby (Thanks to Zed's headsup)

IMPORTANT!

I have work commitments in NZ for next 2 weeks, starting next Monday.

If we cannot secure an installation workshop by this Friday then this Sunday 7th will be the group collection date.

Venue: Rhodes (somewhere, any recommendation?)

Time: Starting at 1PM until 3PM

Alternatively please (PM) contact me directly to arrange individual pickups.

8046484242_8353237085_n.jpg 8046485806_cca4fa34d2_n.jpg 8048887493_254b30282d_n.jpg

8048893224_a681c045ac_n.jpg 8048889059_c1a514a16f_n.jpg 8048889467_5b5d0447c2_n.jpg

8048893782_cef3e738d0_n.jpg 8048908093_27097f9f0b_n.jpg

Update! 03/10/2012

For Interstate members:

Job booked with Toll IPEC, dispatching the pipes tomorrow.

People who paid me will receive an email with the shipping consignment number for tracking.

For Sydney Members:

Option 1: Member - Platnium_Jay (Jaydee) just picked up a pipe from me, Greddy SE on his car sounded very nice! Think the Invidia Mid-pipe will go very well with that. :) Good on you champ!

Jay will be the first to install at Chatswood Lexus over the week. Install cost approx $150, it's a bit dare but I trust the guys in Chatswood should have the right tool and know what they doing. Let's see how Jay goes and waiting on his report back.

Option 2: Member - 123045007 (Steve) also meet up with me in Chatwood this afternoon, happily taken away a pipe from me. Very clean white F-Sport mate! Love the LED DRL. And Steve if he's got time will check out shops in Castle Hill (Carline Mufflers) during my absence. Carline Mufflers quoted $40 for group installation but I think it's really best to show them the pipe.

Option 3: With Zed's suggestion, I went to Midas Hornsby this afternoon. Mechanic Matt had a good look of pipes and has asked for $88 (1Hr Labor). He showed me his O2 sensor removal tools and quite confident with the installation. But... he wants to install one car first before committing on the $88 price. Also a group installation will be hard to arrange at Midas as they do not work much time on Saturday. So when I back from Melbourne, think I can go try out at this place and report back.

IMPORTANT!

Due to the overwhelming work commitments, I have to go Melbourne tomorrow for business trip and back on Friday night. The off to NZ for three weeks on next Monday.

So, this Sunday afternoon 1-3PM will be my only available time for group collection.

Venue: Rhodes - Shoreline Drive Kids Playground, near 8 Mary Street (See Map Below)

Time: Starting at 1PM until 3PM

Contact Number: 0452 543 168

8050063919_69c767ff00_n.jpg

8050064345_b96fa7aa38_n.jpg

3199-0hzxuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

8050120655_b92f127d2b.jpg

As for report back... I didn't hav time to go castle hill to check out the place.. But I found another shop near chatswood which is closer to me. It at brookvale, it is a shop professional in installing exhaust, engine, brakes..etc the shop name is A&B nd on behalf of Ksport. they also do dyno testing. They r asking $100 for mid pipe install. Also for O2 sensor, for them to install it does not need to be cut nd hav the O2 sensor tools

Forums

News

Membership