28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello fellow melbourne lexus owners

Just wondering which dealer out of three in melbourne is the best of the bunch

have a 75k km service coming up. been quoted $780 at blackburn and melbourne city lexus(which i think is fairly decent). Also bringing it in for the fuel injection recall (08 is250)

I havent heard many good things about brighton lexus though apart from the fact that it is the biggest one.

Anyone delt with city lexus that could share their experience?

Cheers :)

Sorry, I'm in Tassie so I can't vote but I'd like to know more about the injector recall. Mine are noisy on startup then quieten down but still make a bit of a racket. From what I've read on these forums it's pretty normal but your mention of a recall has me interested.

Sorry, I'm in Tassie so I can't vote but I'd like to know more about the injector recall. Mine are noisy on startup then quieten down but still make a bit of a racket. From what I've read on these forums it's pretty normal but your mention of a recall has me interested.

No idea why its been recalled.. though i have booked in with city lexus on monday! will update you once its been done/looked at.

I use Melbourne Lexus for my F and Jamie and the guys are pretty good. The only thing I have like from the beginning has been a slight rattle in my car which they have never fixed, even Lexus Aust did not fix (at least that is what they told me).

As I say, for services I have never had an issue always done on time or before and given a loaner, they have found things and replaced under warranty without me noticing. Always request a CT for a contrast ;-)

Even though Lexus Blackburn is much more convenient for me, have been using Lexus Brighton since buying the car from there in April 2010....found them pretty good at fixing things and NOT giving excuses!! And like Blacky, they seem quite good at finding and fixing issues during the servicing process.

Recently got my 90K service done there - their initial estimate sounded high - Lexus Blackburn quoted about $100 less and Brighton matched that!!

As a matter of interest, do all dealers provide a free courtesy car even after the warranty period has expired? Brighton does, and I wasn't sure if this was their own initiative or is a standard Lexus dealer practice.

Even though Lexus Blackburn is much more convenient for me, have been using Lexus Brighton since buying the car from there in April 2010....found them pretty good at fixing things and NOT giving excuses!! And like Blacky, they seem quite good at finding and fixing issues during the servicing process.

Recently got my 90K service done there - their initial estimate sounded high - Lexus Blackburn quoted about $100 less and Brighton matched that!!

As a matter of interest, do all dealers provide a free courtesy car even after the warranty period has expired? Brighton does, and I wasn't sure if this was their own initiative or is a standard Lexus dealer practice.

Courtesy car is free with every service with Lexus as far as I am aware. :) Ive had three lexus' out of warranty and have always received a car when asked for one

Anyway, I just finished my 75k km service at lexus city melbourne.$780 all up

Quite good - car feels alot smoother on acceleration. So a good job done by the mechanics

The guys at the desk in my opinion weren't great. I asked them about the carbon build up and they had apparently "never heard of it" and were brushing off every niggling thing i said such as "dusty brakes" and rough engine idle. I would much rather talk to a mechanic about my car who wants to understands rather than talking to the guys sit down and take phone calls.

For the 90Km service I would have to go and try blackburn. Ive been to both Melbourne and Brighton and would say they're on par.

quote for the throttle clean/ upper injector clean was $165 if anyones interested and also quote on 90k KM service at melbourne lexus was $1350 (justified by $500 spark plugs apparently)

• 1 month later...

I get my car serviced at Blackburn but I haven't tried City or Brighton.

I noticed on the website it says that a free courtesy car is only for cars within their new car warranty period, I bought my car out of it's NCW period, but I've always been given a car on request.

The first time I serviced there I didn't request a car and it was significantly cheaper than the times I have asked for a car, not sure if it's just because that service required less work but according to the service manual it was more work than others.

I had a service last week and asked specifically if loan cars cost me any extra and was told that they're only available to cars that are still under new car warranty, but that he would give me one anyway?

Haven't ever had any problems with the guys at Blackburn, they seem to do a good job so I'll be happy to go back there.

If there is one gripe to pick at, it's that I have some extra electronic devices in the car including a dash cam and the guys working on my car in their underground section seemed to be too inquisitive and grabbing at the camera and yanking at other wiring not knowing that the camera is always on. Harmless but just thought I'd point it out if anyone else has things installed in their cars.

• 5 months later...

Same thing here. Was always with Lexus Brighton but picked up the phone to get a quote from BlackBurn and found that both minor and major services were cheaper in Blackburn. For a major 90k service, Brighton wanted $150 more.

I use Melbourne Lexus for my F and Jamie and the guys are pretty good. The only thing I have like from the beginning has been a slight rattle in my car which they have never fixed, even Lexus Aust did not fix (at least that is what they told me).

As I say, for services I have never had an issue always done on time or before and given a loaner, they have found things and replaced under warranty without me noticing. Always request a CT for a contrast ;-)

I've only done 1 service on my ISF which was at Brighton. Guys seem good, also managed to get a RX350 demo instead of the 250 they usually give as a courtesy. They also fixed a rattle noise which was bugging me for a while - it was from the rear boot separator in my case and only happened between 40-60 on uneven roads. I had to drive around a fair bit to actually show them what the sound was. Nice that it's fixed now :)

Just finished selling the 2007 IS250 SL - at the time, found out that Brighton's Dealer Extended Warranty does not go with the car - so will be changing over to Blackburn now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my 60K service at City Lexus (with a CT200h loan car)... $630. Without without the loan car was the same price (out of warranty).

They did try to upsell me extended warranty for about $1800 which would also fix the start up rattling sound ($2K plus)... I gave it a miss as I maybe getting rid of mine soon