Brisbane Isf Meet

BULLIT

• 9 months later...

Evening All,

I am the proud new owner of an ISF and just wondering if there are any upcoming
meets to mingle with other ISF enthusiast?

I am investigating all the intake, exhaust & header options at present, so it
would be great to talk to some of you guys before going down that road... So
many options.

At present tossing up weather to do the $5K port/polish, Joe z Exhaust &
intake package from Lexus of going to Exotic Exhausts... The car is out of
warranty so not bothered about that aspect.

If I spend the $5k with Lexus is it worth then spending a further $3k on headers?

So many questions...

Appreciate the guidance.

Regards,

Scott.

• 3 months later...

Hi Scott

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately we're not very active on this forum anymore. In fact I believe some of us have moved on from our ISF ownership days. I still have mine though and loving it.

I'll do a detailed reply to you tomorrow.

Cheers

Hi Scott

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately we're not very active on this forum anymore. In fact I believe some of us have moved on from our ISF ownership days. I still have mine though and loving it.

Cheers

yeah ISF owners are a very rare breed

Hi Scott

Cheers

yeah ISF owners are a very rare breed

Sad, it's such a good car. So misunderstood. Maybe RCF will draw more new owners to the F brand!

Hi Scott

To answer your question, since you are out of warranty, I think it might be cheaper to just buy the exhaust system from overseas and get it installed at an exhaust shop. $5k is a lot, the JoeZ system is only around $2k I believe, if you ship it over. Factor in another $500 for installation and it's still only half the price that Lexus charges. However, some people only trust Lexus to touch their car. So it is up to you on that. If you don't have a mechanic that you trust, you might want to bring it back to Lexus. The ISF is a very rare beast, very few mechanics out there have even worked on one before. Then again, there is the port & polish (my car already came with that so I can't comment on the advantages of having that done).

The JoeZ exhaust is quite loud, you might want to consider this aspect before deciding. It does change the character of the car from "grand touring sleeper" to "Japanese muscle". If you are very sensitive to drone, it might become an issue.

In terms of performance gains, I did not notice much after doing the exhaust (I have the Borla, but I'm changing to the Meisterschaft system soon). It was the headers and changing of cats that gave the biggest performance gains. Before I did the headers, I could not keep up with a stock C63. After the headers were installed and the car got used to it, I was able to outpace a stock C63 without the performance pack, and stay on par with a C63 with the performance pack. The BMW M3 doesn't stand a chance in the straights anymore. The headers also changes the tone of the exhaust note. It makes it slightly "raspier" sounding, but it sounds awesome. You know the throttle blips that the ISF does? It becomes pure aural arousal once you have headers. When driving in the Valley, and you do the blip, people turn their heads because they think it's an exotic. Then they realise it's just a Lexus IS....haha!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks RecursiveLoop!

I have since passengered in an ISF with a Joe Z exhaust and feel it is a bit over the top. I am thinking of running with the Borla system now... So if you fancy selling yours and it is in reasonable condition you may have a buyer!

Have you had your car on the dyno since having the mods done?

I am thinking of biting the bullet and doing the borla exhaust, ppe headers, hi flow cats, joe z exhaust and then getting a unichip tune.

CNJ Motorsport in underwood have done 2 ISF's now with reasonable gains. Installed and tuned for under $2k.

Thanks for your feedback I really appreciate it.

Are you brisbane based? I am reading this from my phone so have limited access to info.

Thanks,

Scott.