Isf Dealer Installed Engine Update Query

pedro1956

Just ordered my very first Lexus today, having come from owning performance Audi and BMWs I decided on a new Flame Blue ISF. There were none in stock in Australia in my preferred colour so I had to place a custom built order. Apparently the blue version is not that popular so there are minimal stocks which I thought was strange as most brochures and advertising use a blue model.

Power was a little down on what I expected so I have ordered the local lexus fitted performance mods.

These mods include a port and polish, new air intake and exhaust system with a claimed increase of 52kW without voiding the factory warranty.

Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, of this kit?

I wouldn't have thought it included a port and polish, perhaps just exhaust and intake?

How good it is and whether you like it will depend on the exhaust used and your tolerance for drone.

Perhaps some more knowledgeable people can chime in for with more info.

EDIT: Just realised it's a port match. Rolleyboy has had this done so can probably provide more info. See in this thread:

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/10936-lexus-isf-aftermarket-exhaust/page-6

i had this done on my ISF

im guessing your car was from lexus of west brisbane right?

there is an increase but not 52kw

and moved this to the right section

we have a seperate isf section

Lexus of Brisbane in the valley.

Would value your comments on the mods, considering a $5K price tag are the changes noticeable or worthwhile?

Does the exhaust note change and become a continual drone as mentioned above?

Firstly, congratulations on your purchase, and I am sure you will be a happy Lexus customer. A well-maintained ISF will give you many years of reliable, stress-free motoring coupled with Lexus' great customer service. This is the first Lexus I've owned, and I'm very impressed with their product and service.

I don't know about the JoeZ, but my Borla catback got less drony after about 500kms as the carbon built up in the pipes. If you cannot stand the drone, someone from the US eliminated the drone on his JoeZ by putting back the stock mufflers, but doing so reduces the power gains made from the exhaust.

I reckon a swappable system is the best, allowing you to put the stock mufflers on when you need it to be quiet and for long trips, but put the JoeZ mufflers back for a track day or a mountain run. I'm in the process of getting my exhaust guy to fabricate something like this for me: 20111105_141307_zps30adffd1.jpg

Someone in US first did it and he said it eliminates drone from his JoeZ setup completely.

I bought my car off the sales manager at Maroochydore who had already done the port matching on the vehicle. A good exhaust, the HPS silicon tube, AFE dry filter and PPE headers and I reckon the car will be significantly quicker.

Also, think about the tyres. The tyres from the factory are quite narrow (225mm front, 255mm rear), you'll probably get more grip with fatter tyres.

After that, I think that's about it before you start to really get into warranty-questioning territory by using nitrous or even forced induction (which no one has successfully done in a stable manner).

I would also invest in learning the drive the car. I've gotten a good 10 seconds off my lap times by proper driving techniques and learning how the car handles at the limit. A stock ISF will already outrun most cars on the road, with a good driver behind the wheel it becomes an awesome track weapon.

thank you for your comments.

I would really like to listen to an exhaust system before I do this mod. Are there any forum members north of Brisbane or Sunshine Coast that I can contact?

Just make sure you get to keep the original exhaust. This way if you don't like the sound or you sell in the future, you always have the option to return to stock.

Same goes for everything, except the match port job. No one can see this anyhow.

• Like 1

I read that keeping the rear mufflers to eliminate droning from the JoeZ leaves the car with no power benefit. Would it be worth doing headers only in this case? That is if you don't want to have to swap them for different purposes.

It seems the full Borla fairs better on drone than JoeZ - despite JoeZ himself fiercely defending his product with happy customer testimonials - fair enough too.

pedro, there is an ISF meetup in Brisbane this Saturday at 10am, Lexus Indooroopilly. A few of us will be there with our cars and we have a range of aftermarket exhausts which you can listen to in person.

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/11745-brisbane-isf-meet/?p=40627

Joez is droney as hell on at constant speed

iv had joez and ISS DES on both of my ISF's

i prefer the ISS

i actaully have a joez exhaust for sale

as well

Come down on Sat, we have a Borla, ISS, Joe Z and stock ISF showing up, should be good.

I have the package you mentioned in your OP, see you there.

I will try but sadly I won't be driving my ISF, it does not arrive until the middle of June.

There were no Flame Blue versions in the country so have had to order one from the factory :-(

I will be in a Sprint Blue Audi B8 S4 instead.

• 4 weeks later...

I fitted a Borla axle back.

Good sound, no drone.

I also changed intake to Joez intake and Toms air filter.

no real power increase, just a bit more responsive, but sounds great, deep v8 sound without the full on ear drum piercing sound.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you getting the headers installed by Lexus? When I asked them about it, the service manager said he didn't think the headers would fit our right hand drive cars (although the PPE ones I got are explicitly for right hand drive cars).

Elgin I would be keen to catch up once you have headers installed. Your car is going to sound like a beast. Have you seen this clip with lots of different exhaust/header set ups.

• Like 1

ISF exhaust is a stainless system (they didn't tell me the name of the supplier)

Lexus dealer also replaces the air filter and intake tube, remove intake manifold, port and polish, dyno tests spec sheet show increase of 53kW at the flywheel bringing total output to 364Kw.

Procedure takes approx 4 days turn around and price is $5000 including tax.

post-6739-0-08923300-1372743371_thumb.jp

post-6739-0-87120500-1372743534_thumb.jp