Isf Dealer Installed Engine Update Query

pedro1956

Ah sounds like the JoeZ PTS exhaust and the JoeZ intake with the port & polish. I believe Brisman had this done as well. I'm very sure you'll be satisfied with the outcome.

Headers are booked in to be installed next Tuesday at Exotic Exhaust. It might take a couple of days if they encounter fitment issues. The headers came with good instructions and photos so hopefully that will help.

Very excited but also apprehensive if they encounter any issues. Having said that, if Exotic can't do it, I doubt anyone else can.

There are many variables in this equation but gererally for an automatic car, there is a 22% loss in power from the engine to the wheels and for a manual about an 18% loss. If you made 364kW at the flywheel in an automatic car you should be around 290kW at the rear wheels.

It will definitely be interesting to see, so many American cars with various mods and dyno figures but very few in Australia.

Just got a call - my car is ready to be picked up with the PPE headers installed. I will go pick it up at lunchtime.

I will post up videos of it and a review of it. If all goes well, you Brisbane ISF owners will have someone who can install the PPE headers for you. I won't post the price I was charged yet, but I can tell you it is ridiculously cheap, considering the scale of the job (the subframe has to be dropped) and they even hooked up the oxygen simulators.

Once I have made sure the job was well done and no check engine light comes on, I will post up the details on where you can buy the RHD headers and the shop that did the install. I don't want to recommend them until I am 100% sure it is a good install.

I am a happy man :-)

One word to describe it? Manic. It sounds exotic and the RPMs build up so quick now. The extra power is definetely noticeable - more noticeable than when I went from stock to aftermarket exhaust.

Haven't had a chance to really drive it hard yet, will keep you all updated.

Elgin your car sounds awesome. I think the Borla and headers is the perfect combo. In my opinion the JoeZ and headers would be to loud at least for daily driving. Congrats

Thanks, BULLIT. You are right about the sound, it is quite loud.

I had a good drive with it last night, trying to test and make sure no CELs or scrubbing and everything looks good. Hats off to the guys for pulling off a tricky install. I reset the ECU and went for some spirited drives to let the car learn the new mod.

Firstly, it is LOUD. It sounds like a 60s muscle car, when you are idling at the lights you can hear the rumble. People turn and stare. They look at the Lexus badge. They scratch their heads in confusion. A Lexus making that sound?

However, having said that, there is LESS DRONE. I can't explain this. There used to be a drone spot at around 2,000rpm with my Borla exhaust but it's not there anymore. If you drive the car sedately, it still feels like a Lexus, but prod the accelerator and you will get a shock!

You press the sport mode button, put the transmission in manual. Lights turn green, you mash the accelerator. The car leaps forward and the exhaust note turns into a feverish howl, as if there is a rabid wolf under the bonnet crying out for blood. "HOLY SHI.." you shout as you realise you're already at 100km/h and nervously look around for any law enforcement.

As you come to the next set of lights, you downshift, the throttle blips gloriously and barks at any unsuspecting pedestrians who scurry out of the way. It is only then you realize you're smiling like an idiot.

I did a timed pull - 0-100km/h in 4.1s. The challenge is no longer "go faster!" but "stop losing traction!". The traction control light comes on a lot more often, and I'd expect tyre lifespan to be dramatically reduced. On a wet road, it takes finesse and self-control, along with the ISF's brilliant VDIM system to prevent you from getting into trouble.

I've driven a C63 with the performance pack, and my ISF now feels MUCH faster. I've also driven the GTR which is faster, but not by that much. The ISF has gone from "wow that's quick" to "my face is stuck on the rear window". Just driving it around the city gets people staring and pointing fingers. Hands down, most insane mod I have done to the car yet. It totally transforms the car.

• Like 1

One important thing to note: Don't buy the headers from PPE and expect them to go in fine. THEY NEED TO BE MODIFIED, or the headers will scrub against the steering rack. The installers I went with had a week to muck around with my car before they got it right.

Definitely keen to catch up and hear your car. As much as I'd like to put headers on I'm not sure I could cope with it daily as I am in the car most of the day and constantly getting phone calls, my clients already comment on how good (or loud) my car sounds when I'm talking to them.

Surprising to hear the droning has gone.

• 1 month later...

A month in and I am absolutely in love with the car. It sounds great, just enough to be aggressive but not over the top. It's definitely more aggressive when the transmission is in manual mode. Random people have started coming up to me telling me that it sounds like an exotic!

Let me know if any of you want to meet up and hear my setup in person. I have the Borla catback and PPE header combo, with Magnaflow high-flow cats.

The people that did my setup are:

Exotic Exhaust
29 Jijaws St

Sumner Park QLD 4074

(07) 3279 6355

The owner's name is Mick, tell him Elgin recommended you. He already knows what to look out for, where to get the headers from and what to modify in order to fit them on our RHD cars without any fitment problems (again, if you buy the headers directly from PPE/Sikky and fit them on without modification, you will have scrubbing, don't try!)

• 4 weeks later...

just to throw it in the mix

ISS DES with novel headers

excuse the finger my gf isnt that good with cameras lol

that sounds great

if you don;t who installed it and how much

http://www.novel-japan.jp/

i believe the headers are around 6-7K AUD

and full system is 15K ish all round just for parts

i only have a novel headers atm

but waiting for the Yen to drop to get the rest of the system

installation is around 6-7hours for headers

so cost will vary depending on how much they workshop charges for labour per hour

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi fellow ISF owners. Newbie yep! Have been watching this forum for quite a while getting info on the PPE headers and hi flow CATs. Have had my ISF for a bit over a year and had the Lexus sport pack installed i.e cold air intake, port and polished heads and sports exhaust. While I love the sound of the mods I personally haven't been impressed with the performance increase hence wanting to finish the job with headers. I have had sooooo many comments on how good the vehicle sounds now but that this is not the reason for wanting the headers. Purely performance. Cat back to my mind is sound only but not the full deal , the performance issue is to let the engine breath as best as possible. Elgin. Thanks for your posts. Makes me more confident that there is a reasonably cheap solution to this issue. I will give your boys a ring and drop your name like you suggested.

I love the ISF but I'm sure this engine has sooo much more potential. To me it's a stealth bomber. No one really knows WTF it is. A surprise package that's for sure to the unsuspecting driver of a performance vehicle.

Would love to catch up with the Brissy boys one day and check notes. Not too many of you boys around. I'll see an ISF every two months if lucky. A lot more exclusive that the common BMW's or AMG's. Keep trucking boys. Hope to hear from you.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...