Bmw Owners And Fan Boys

Bowen Yong

I dont mean to generalise but bimmer owners are the biggest show offs at my uni..Especially kids who owns their e90 320i, they just have to put their keys on the table in class for everyone to see, and its almost like that with every bmw owners( not to generalise, and not talking about down to earth type owners). The worst type are those fanboys who cant afford anything and they goes online and making nasty comments about the IS250, saying stuff like its boring, its a car for granny, it shares parts from a camary, stuff that's pure hate instead of constructive criticism. Its just stupid how they dont know what its like and they make a snap judgement based on badge. I am sure 3 series are great cars that has been glorified but it nvr did that much appeal for me to buy one. To me its very overrated! The e90 320i has the same price as IS250 significantly underpowered, multiple reliability issues, horrible looking interior and no comment on the exterior..and wow i am turning into a hater from these people.

Driven my mates MY11 E90 320i, it's very underpowered and underequiped for the price. He also driven my 6yrs old IS250 and he can't beleive just how better on everything my car is.

At the end of the day, we live in an increasingly materialised society, people are more conscious on brands that can give them a "better" image.

In some Asian cultures it's even worse, the car you drive becomes an explicit status symbol, hence those under-educated uni kids show-off their over-priced vanilla bimmers.

I have great respect on BMW, but I'd take IS over a South Africa built 320i anyday.

If it's the 335i then it might be a different story...

Driven my mates MY11 E90 320i, it's very underpowered and underequiped for the price. He also driven my 6yrs old IS250 and he can't beleive just how better on everything my car is.

At the end of the day, we live in an increasingly materialised society, people are more conscious on brands that can give them a "better" image.

In some Asian cultures it's even worse, the car you drive becomes an explicit status symbol, hence those under-educated uni kids show-off their over-priced vanilla bimmers.

I have great respect on BMW, but I'd take IS over a South Africa built 320i anyday.

If it's the 335i then it might be a different story...

You'd be surprised! In China, most people dont really buy BMWs although it's gone so much cheaper since the 3 series and 5 series is actually made in China not imported and the same goes with Audi, and Merc. I think the perception of a brand really depend on the level of education of a person's background and the history. If a person has a low level of education, the power of a well marketed brand is significant in making purchase deicisions.

I love the styling of 335i coupe, but i dont know if i will choose it over an IS350 in long run. And to me the e90 interior looks really boring. But if u ask me to choose between an ISF and M3, i'd be a fool not to choose the M3.

• 1 month later...

Haha - wow, my uni friends are teasing my lexus and they have BMW's; first world problems

You will get haters with anything you drive (or own for that matter). Best not to care about what anyone has to say;

personally nouveau riche Audi owners are my bug bear

• 1 year later...