Insurance Costs For Isf.

Pantelis K

I just received my insurance renewal for the ISF and it came to over $1800. I have full comp with windscreen protection. I have never had a quote before for this car as when i sold my IS 350 i just transfered the insurance over for the remaining 3 or so months on the policy. Nevertheless i found this to be a little extreme and did a couple of quotes. Happily a company starting with AA@% gave me a identical policy for less than $1200. I rang them just to verify if i made a mistake. And they gave me a higher agreed value. The other quote was similar to this with around $1300. Still a very big difference to SG&*. Anyone had any similar experiences?

Yep, i'd have quotes ranging from $1100.00 to $2400.00.

I've had one company unable to quote because the ISF wasn't on their system.

You've got to shop around, that's for sure.

I am 39 years old with a rating 1 for life. I did further enquiries with Lexus of Adelaide and they also have a Lexus insurance available for Lexus owners. The quote was for $1500.00. I will review their policy and see the difference with AAMI. Revolution how do you find AAMI?

I am 39 years old with a rating 1 for life. I did further enquiries with Lexus of Adelaide and they also have a Lexus insurance available for Lexus owners. The quote was for $1500.00. I will review their policy and see the difference with AAMI. Revolution how do you find AAMI?

well it seems thats a normal price

but yes you do have to shop around

and make sure you read what your getting covered also

Haven't needed to make a claim with AAMI so far *touch wood* so I can't really tell you how they are like. But from a pre-claim point of view they have good customer service, which I guess any company is like until they need to pay up. I am thinking of switching to Lexus of Chatswood's insurance for the next year depending on their pricing and what's provided. I am thinking so because they use the body shop that is located right next door to their service center which I have seen a few ISF's go in for repairs and have heard good things about them.

My previous daily driver was insured with Coles Insurance which I will highly NOT RECOMMEND to anyone. They are the biggest prick's of all time and have the worst claim system/process ever!!!

I will be getting a response for the Lexus insurance tomorrow. I did get a quote as i said before for approximately $1500 but i did not agree with their agreed pricing. I have a 2010 MY10 Flame blue

ISF with 27000 KMS and they gave me a agreed price of $69000. I advised them that they need to review their agreed price to high 7s before i change over. AAMI had a agreed price on their quote

of $81600 and SGIC was $78000. Lets see what happens tomorrow. I do agree that their policy is good on the other parts and have no problems with going with them even if it costs a little more. All

repairs are done with the Authorised Lexus Repairer in SA and their reputation precedes them.

I received the response from Lexus of Adelaide and the good news is that they changed their agreed price to $77,000 with no extra cost to the premium. I did go ahead and purchace it for a year. Between the extras in their policy and the after sales service from Lexus of Adelaide i am happy to go with them.

My policy with NRMA is ending soon & I might just ask lexus of Brisbane for a quote. Hopefully they can come to the table with something competitive.

• 2 weeks later...

Stay away from Suncorp companies. Most ridiculously drawn out assessment process for a not at fault claim on my car, took them 6 weeks to approve any parts with multiple emails/evidence having had to be sent to the assessor. I just gave up went through QBE (the at fault party's insurer) and they approved it in 6 days no hassle.

• 1 year later...

Ok, time to ask this question again....

Just got my renewal through AAMI, the thieves want $2600. Just called Lexus insurance and they want $1900 with a few hundred lower excess, but $5k less value for the car. Called AAMI about it and they won't change.

Who are people going through nowdays for a decent deal?

I'm only paying $1200 with RACV. A lot depends on age, suburb & no claim though.

I'm over 35, no claims and with these guys for the last 7 years. Also I have excluded all other drivers...

Jesus.

I'm 25 and am insured under just car for $82k agreed value. Just over $1k. Excess is quite high but. Rating 1.

How much did you put on excess ?

For me, I have put it at 1k. I think if you have a bingle in this car, it'd usually cost you a couple of K easily.

My excess is also around the $2k mark. Way I see it is I will only make a claim in an incident where it's a huge repair bill or write off.

In all my years of driving I have made very little claims and where the repair bill was under $2k (like a scratched bumper) I would just pay it out of pocket because in the long run it is going to work out cheaper for me based on my accident history.

If you are a terrible driver and make lots of claims then it makes sense to lower your excess with a higher policy premium as a trade off.

^ Yeah exactly the same here.

Never had a claim since i got my license *Touchwood!!

Either have i had an accident or caused one.

I've been keyed twice in two separate cars however.....but then again those wouldn't have been worth claim.

Only really plan on claiming if it's a write off.

I am with Allianz and been happy so far paying $122 a month but might switch to Lexus this time over as I am very satisfied with everything they offer and do they surely deserve our trust and money.

• 4 months later...

Been looking for insurance for my retired Dad with a clean driving record and garaged address.

NRMA and AAMI you have to call them. It wont produce an online quote.

Enthusiast wanted a bit over $1900 until I went back and said its for my retired Dad who will not drive it much. So went to $1700 for regular use and $1200 for less then 10000 kms a year. Excess at $1000.

Tried Just Cars online quote and was surprised to see it was a bit over $1700 with $825 excess. But the agreed value really got me at $72000 which is much higher then what I set with Enthusiast.

Might just get my Dad to put the excess to $2K and pay about $1300 a year as he is like the others guys on here. If its something serious he will claim. Otherwise will fix from his pocket.

Anyone with any recent quotes?

Just paid $1063pa with Youi with multi-policy discount (we have 4 other vehicles + home and contents), MY12 market value, $725 basic excess, no cover for drivers <30yo. Rating 1 for life, no at fault claims but 3 demerits off licence. If I didn't list my wife on the policy as regular driver (she had two incidents - in 2013 whereby she claimed on other people's insurance as they were at fault) it was aroud $860.

Wow that is awesome pricing. I'll have to give them a try and see how I go.

I have heard youi are hard to claim with. Not sure if its the process or they reject more claims. But I have never used them so never had any first hand experience.

Just had my motorcycle not-at-fault claim after someone ran up the rear at low speed at the lights - all new, parts, no questions replacing after-market parts (Yoshimura sports pipes, double screen, paid $500 toward my motorcycle gear as per my policy after providing photographic evidence of damaged gear (the limit of clothing cover on policy). Can't say enough good things about Youi, compettive, friendly service, paid and sorted a claim promptly with no fuss - we have switch everything to them.