Anyone Win Vic With A Resonator Delete?

Hi guys,

thinking of getting my resonator deleted for more growl and louder exhuast. i will be getting an intake in the future as well so wondering if anyone in VIC has done this, either with stock intake or aftermarket, and your input on this.

heard a few clips on youtube and it sounds awesome but worried it might be different in person

is there much drone? love it? hate it? where you got it done?

thanks in advance

Hey, i got a resonator delete and its nothing really special. It's a little louder from the outside and only when you're standing at the back of the car, but from inside the car there is no difference to the sound. If you want loud and cheap I would just get a muffler delete. I can tell you, resonator + muffler delete is F***ING loud and raspy when over 4000RPM, also lots of drone in the cabin HAHA but all fun at the end of the day :))

But then again, I would say save your money and just get the intake because it gives you a WAY better sound (but only when you're over 3500 RPM and more than 1/2 throttle, if you slowly creep up the RPM's you most likely wont be able to hear it) The intake gives the car a nice growl when you're punching it, but then its quite when youre just "normal" driving through traffic and what not.

Also, if you really want to do the resonator delete, any exhaust shop can do it cos its just cutting the resonator out and replacing it with a section of piping.

Hope this helped you.

Also, I'm going to be selling my Intake soon let me know if you're interested, I live in Melbourne but my 250 is in Sydney but will be sold within the next few weeks so gonna part out some stuff i have

Hey, i got a resonator delete and its nothing really special. It's a little louder from the outside and only when you're standing at the back of the car, but from inside the car there is no difference to the sound. If you want loud and cheap I would just get a muffler delete. I can tell you, resonator + muffler delete is F***ING loud and raspy when over 4000RPM, also lots of drone in the cabin HAHA but all fun at the end of the day :))

But then again, I would say save your money and just get the intake because it gives you a WAY better sound (but only when you're over 3500 RPM and more than 1/2 throttle, if you slowly creep up the RPM's you most likely wont be able to hear it) The intake gives the car a nice growl when you're punching it, but then its quite when youre just "normal" driving through traffic and what not.

Also, if you really want to do the resonator delete, any exhaust shop can do it cos its just cutting the resonator out and replacing it with a section of piping.

Hope this helped you.

Also, I'm going to be selling my Intake soon let me know if you're interested, I live in Melbourne but my 250 is in Sydney but will be sold within the next few weeks so gonna part out some stuff i have

exactly what i was after, thanks heaps!

might drop by the local exhaust shop later and see what they suggest. might try the muffler delete like you suggested.. and if i dont like it then i can also reverse it.

and yes, im definitely interested in an intake? also interested in any other parts you have.

please pm me details.

I have a resonator delete & intake. The exhaust isn't loud at all & just has that little something extra under load. Compliments the intake sound. If you want something you'll notice all the time, I'd get an axle back exhaust. In my case, I'm happy with it. Sounds stock/quiet commuting around with a nice sound from the outside under load.

Don't go off the vids on youtube etc, it's an inaccurate gauge since they're free revving to redline from idle/standstill.

I have a resonator delete & intake. The exhaust isn't loud at all & just has that little something extra under load. Compliments the intake sound. If you want something you'll notice all the time, I'd get an axle back exhaust. In my case, I'm happy with it. Sounds stock/quiet commuting around with a nice sound from the outside under load.

Don't go off the vids on youtube etc, it's an inaccurate gauge since they're free revving to redline from idle/standstill.

thanks for your input. im hoping someone has done the resonator delete and intake in melbourne so i can come and listen to it in person. i just want to be sure and know that i wont regret hacking the resonator off. sounds like it is something i'd like though because i dont want it to always be loud, just when i give it some gas.