Unichip For Isf

Snooter

Afternoon All,

CNJ motorsport (Brisbane) have done work on several previously owned cars and i have very
impressed with their work and professionalism. On virtually every instance that have over delivered on the estimated power output. They managed a 37rwkw gain with a unichip, cat back exhaust and intake on my previous car (370z). the exhaust was perfect, quiet under normal driving conditions but under throttle was fantastic.

I recently contacted them about the ISF and told them that I am after more power but don’t want to
impact on the integrity of the car. They Suggested to install a Unichip piggy back in the first instance and go from there. Next step would be intake, exhaust etc.

They said they had done one before an got about 20rwkw gain at peak and a decnt gain across the
whole range. Unichip has a dyno chart on their website for the ISF...

My question is has anyone done this mod before and would you recommend it? I wasn’t 100% on board with the idea as don’t like playing with factory computer but he said they run super rich in the top half of the rev range.

Seems to be the best bang for your buck @ $1650 installed and tuned.

Appreciate any feedback.

Regards,

Scott.

iv looked into this

RGM motorsports in South Africa has done it on one of their customer cars

the gains are there

though im looking more into it i will report back as soon as i get more info

iv looked into this

the gains are there

not going with Novel Danny?

iv looked into this

the gains are there

just cant crack the AUDM ECU

Sard has been trying for a while

but just cant do it

Those gains aren't very much; personally I wouldn't bother to be honest. I looked at the graph and it seems okay because it still manages to keep the torque curve however for what you are spending I would want more power and/or a better torque spread

Morning All,

I droped by CNJ Motorsport to investigate the Unichip further and got a copy of the Dyno chart from thier last ISF tune.

Just trying to work out how to post a picture... anyway it can also be seen on thier facebook page.

Essentially they managed a 20-40hp at the wheel gain across the entire rev range which is a pretty good result, however the peak power of 335hp at the wheels didnt seem that impressive? I should mention the car already had a custom aftermarket exhuast fitted prior to the tune (mild to wild exhausts - Never heard of them).

Has anyone ever bothered to have a dyno @ stock? What is the peak power at the wheels from factory?

Regards,

Scott.

dyno from stock is 260kw atw for my car

with a full exhaust + headers your looking at around 290kw atw

the owners in the states are getting 400-440hp atw with this full setup with no tune

on hp figures around 350-370hp on a dead stock ISF

though dyno results can vary

• 3 weeks later...

So is it too early for an update on this?

I've read up on it a bit more, it's plug and play, no cutting and splicing wires etc, so should make the decision to do it a lot easier for most.

$1650 installed and tuned sounds great too! I'd go for it if I lived somewhere 'tuning friendly' lol.

That's Awesome Danny. Let me know how you go. The guys @ CNJ are great, so hopefully you won’t be
disappointed.

I am just saving some $$$ and looking at the $5K upgrade package from Lexus of Brisbane and then do
the Unichip after so it can be tuned with the aftermarket parts already installed.

I went for a drive inthe Lexus of Brisbane Directors car which is the ISF with above kit fitted to
it. It sounded great, but I was surprised how loud it was in the cab even when under relatively light
throttle.

They fit the JayZ exhaust and intake... After reading a few threads I am thinking the Borla Cat back
might be a better option?

Is it any quieter? Unfortunately I have to do a bit off commuting to work so don’t want to listen
to the drone all day on the long hauls...

Anyone know where I can a Borla cat back system in Aus?

Regards,

Scott.

• 1 month later...

iv looked into this

the gains are there

just cant crack the AUDM ECU

Sard has been trying for a while

but just cant do it

What's the difference between a JDM and AUDM ECU, would be great if that worked?

• 4 weeks later...