Aftermarket Led Running Lamp Headlights

Hey guys,

I have been looking for ages to find a set of genuine lexus 2012 led headlights for my 09 250. I cant ever seem to find any under 1.5k - 2k + mark.

I have just stumbled across these for $600. What do you reckon? Im a bit worried about the fit and finish of something aftermarket !

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lexus-IS250-IS350-ISF-Black-LED-DRL-Day-Time-Projector-Head-Lights-Headlight-/151258661191?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2337b80147

The place is called Mars Performance in Clayton, Vic

They look good.From past experience aftermarket stuff generally is not a 100% fit.At least the supplier is in Australia so if there are any issues you can get a refund.Also the quality and durability of the plastic may be questionable.Still worth a go i think.

I would recommend NOT getting those aftermarket lights, because if you read the whole listing carefully it says

"BULBS MAY NOT FULLY PROVIDE", meaning that one if those LEDs could stop working, etc. and they don't look as bright as OEM lexus DRLS either,

and I'm not trying to sound negative but most aftermarket headlight projectors glare/ have poor cutoff lines, and the LEDs could start flickering or flashing or stop working after a few months,

I'd recommend waiting and getting a set of Genuine lexus led DRL headlights, they will be of superior quality to these.

I noticed on the American ebay there are some 2011/12 headlights for around $400-500 + around $100-postage each side! some are good condition and some have broken tabs.

What is your max budget for this upgrade ?

I would recommend NOT getting those aftermarket lights, because if you read the whole listing carefully it says

"BULBS MAY NOT FULLY PROVIDE", meaning that one if those LEDs could stop working, etc. and they don't look as bright as OEM lexus DRLS either,

and I'm not trying to sound negative but most aftermarket headlight projectors glare/ have poor cutoff lines, and the LEDs could start flickering or flashing or stop working after a few months,

I'd recommend waiting and getting a set of Genuine lexus led DRL headlights, they will be of superior quality to these.

I noticed on the American ebay there are some 2011/12 headlights for around $400-500 + around $100-postage each side! some are good condition and some have broken tabs.

I agree, unless you can view them before purchase. (the look is good being black and all but the DRLs look a bit amateurish if you know what I mean). I think the US ones are the go, they will still be complications with the wiring and opposite cut offs as the versions being for

RH drive.

Yeah I am a bit hesitant about going aftermarket, just so frustrating not being able to find any decently priced ones in aus ! I will most likely not be going ahead with these ones last thing I want to do is cheapen the car's appearance.

My ideal budget would be 1k

Do it, be the guinea pig - one small click on the computer but a giant leap for the Lexus community. ;)

The proportions of the LED strip/chrome surrounding etc. all look wrong and slightly awkward though...

Do it, be the guinea pig - one small click on the computer but a giant leap for the Lexus community. ;)

The proportions of the LED strip/chrome surrounding etc. all look wrong and slightly awkward though...

lol yeah nah wont be doing it. If anyone knows of a australian set going cheap let me know !

now we gonna have people running around with these lights and saying they are genuine lights

just like how people were swaying their fake ISF wheels are genuine lol

Hi guys,

here is a review of these headlights,

I have them currently installed on my car since last Friday.

1st set of headlights, the left headlight drl did not all turn on, some LEDs were dead on arrival.

2nd set of headlights, the right headlight drl LEDs died after 2 hours of use.

I am now waiting until this coming Sunday for the 3rd set...

Fitment for an aftermarket part is very good however.

It is plug and play for the giant cable.

The headlight height adjustment is now manual, the motor does not reach in the new headlights cluster. The wiring is also different for this, the new headlight comes with a 4 pin connector whereas the original is a 3 pin either way, the stick in the motor is too short.for it to work.

Furthermore your headlights will now be H1 for the low beams, which requires some fiddling coz the wiring they have is a bit diff.

Overall, bit disappointing even for the price given that i got 2 sets of faulty parts already, after this third set if they fail im going to smash it..

http://oi62.tinypic.com/a58end.jpg

image is when it worked from the second set, for like.. 2 hours and then fml

Jono

Oh yeah they DO NOT STAY ON, it really just is a bloody LED strip, same brightness all the damn time and.. its 1 click of the headlights, so to the parker (t10) position.

Honestly caused me alot of stress so far, however for 600 bux whatevs u know haha

Oh yeah they DO NOT STAY ON, it really just is a bloody LED strip, same brightness all the damn time and.. its 1 click of the headlights, so to the parker (t10) position.

Honestly caused me alot of stress so far, however for 600 bux whatevs u know haha

If it is any consolation, the real ones on eBay are $1257.26 delivered and that is for LHS so if you needed both then I guess $2400.00 plus it doesn't include HID ballast or bulbs and other important stuff you may need.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

here is a review of these headlights,

I have them currently installed on my car since last Friday.

1st set of headlights, the left headlight drl did not all turn on, some LEDs were dead on arrival.

2nd set of headlights, the right headlight drl LEDs died after 2 hours of use.

I am now waiting until this coming Sunday for the 3rd set...

Fitment for an aftermarket part is very good however.

It is plug and play for the giant cable.

The headlight height adjustment is now manual, the motor does not reach in the new headlights cluster. The wiring is also different for this, the new headlight comes with a 4 pin connector whereas the original is a 3 pin either way, the stick in the motor is too short.for it to work.

Furthermore your headlights will now be H1 for the low beams, which requires some fiddling coz the wiring they have is a bit diff.

Overall, bit disappointing even for the price given that i got 2 sets of faulty parts already, after this third set if they fail im going to smash it..

http://oi62.tinypic.com/a58end.jpg

image is when it worked from the second set, for like.. 2 hours and then fml

Jono

Hey I wanna know how is ur LED light going?

Is your IS250 HID model? Because I think they are only for halogen models right?

• 2 months later...

Ok I ordered this Lexus is f replica lights from eBay.. 1st thing wrong with them if u have AFS u can forget about that option working.. 2nd thing wrong with them after 2nd car wash one started to leak, after 4th or 5th car wash other one started to leak... I siliconed them both where I think the water was coming in.. So far soo good! (Fingers crossed) 3rd thing wrong they don't fit perfectly.. The turn signal goes very fast so clearly the voltage is not correct... Yes they look good.. But for how much headache I already had with them not worth the 500$ DO NOT BUY!!