Is250 Advice And Intro!

Mrmango

Hey guys, name is Tom and I live in Airlie Beach QLD, I currently own a toyota 86 coupe and am going to sell and get a is250 2007 with 60k on it, Ive noticed there are carbon build-up problems and a couple other problems, do these problems happen with every car because it seems to happen around the 70k mark for most of the reports ive seen, or does it just happen to a rare amount of cars and isn't really a common problem? Will be doing the deal tomorrow so any quick advice will be very much appreciated!

Also, how much was the 90,000km major service cost normally, I'll probably get my local mechanic to do it as it will be significantly cheaper i'd imagine, however just wanting a rough figure :) Any other advice or problems with the 2007 model, oh and its a sport luxury one as well

Look forward to seeing some good is250/350's on here :D

Hey Tom welcome.

The carbon build up on the these cars are not that big of an issue than initially described. I had a mate who car started idling at 400rpms due to this but after a good upper engine clean using the subaru upper engine cleaner it idled normally again. All you need to do is give your engine a good clean once a while. The build up is usually due to the direct injection mechanism in our engines. the 90k major service is just another service, however you'll need to change your spark plugs at this point. Spark plugs can be ordered for much cheaper through E910 on this forum.

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/10731-is250-90k-service-spark-plugs/

If you get brakes, sparkies, and the usual things checked out it won't cost you as much (probably around $600-$800) at 90k kms I did my spark plugs and oil by myself so it cost me significantly less. If you have any problems feel free to ask around or throw some PMs.