Average Petrol Per 100 Klms

chris_e_fresh

Drove from Canb -> Port Stephens last week - 10.3 L/100 which included some slow touring around coastal towns etc. the 8L/100 must be very sedate hwy speeds, north of sydney people seem to move along the M1 touching 130km/h quite often, but I think it sticking to 110 on the hume would improve things I'd expect. I prefer BP98 Ultimate.

Yes around 8L/100km average on the highway. I use the cruise control, always run the A/C, sunroof and windows closed, & sit on the speed limit. I don't want a ticket. I also have headers and a sports exhaust, which also helps with fuel economy. I always get better fuel economy driving from Canberra to Sydney, than Sydney to Canberra, as it is mostly down hill. (Canberra is 560 metres above sea level, Goulburn is 627 metres above sea level, & Sydney is depending where you go, is down to sea level.) you must have been hooning & having fun to get 10L/100km on the highway, but you did include driving around the coastal towns as well. I'll save most of my hooning for the track, where you can have much more fun.

They do say that Shell 98 is a denser fuel, which will give slightly better fuel economy. as long as you are enjoying the drive who cares about a couple of extra L/100km

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Makes no sens why every one varies so much ?

I just did 700 Km trip to Blue Mt and Bathurst all avg was 13.5L (with Sports one and peddle shift No A/C)

Last time went up North area for a fast cruse avg speed 70 Kph says the dash and it avg only 15L

Normal drive on Highway still says around 14L

In Sydney City i avg 17L (with normal drive Auto A/C on lots of start and go)

I have never seen anything under 12L on my car yet...

something wrong wit the car ? or cus of the CAT exhaust ? it cant be right ?

(Iam sure its not me, cus I drive normal not really speeding or hard accelerate, usually off throttle and let it roll down as well)

Are you looking at the all time average or tank average on long trips its tank average you need to check. My tank average on 1000km trip is usually 7.8 all time average is usually around 13.4 I have headers and exhaust upgrade as well as intake. The IS-F engine needs to be driven hard sometimes too its a big engine it needs to breath.

I always reset my trip avg everytime i fill up so my tank avg and trip avg usually are the same... since i got the car i have not seen anything under 12 L ....

LOL I dont rev the car hard at all "example" like off the lights other SUV usually starts faster than me... LOL

One tank of petrol usually will take me about high 300- low 400 KM ....

My avg trip will be in city pass harbor bridge and back. no long M4 or highway drives, cant vary that much can it ? LOL

Very interesting .....

I think that you have just answered why... 12L/100km is not bad for sydney driving. also don't use the sports button if you are after economy.

Round 400Km is what you should get so you are on the money. Also try not to reset your tank average every tank as naturally if you do it will start recalculating every time giving you a higher number , run 2-3 tanks to get the true value. Even better when you refill do the maths yourself that will be the most accurate.