I rang lexus of parramatta service dept, told them my car was within the recall numbers, and was told lexus were repairing 500 cars at a time, and i would be contacted. I said i bought the car second hand and were doubtful lexus would have my address. He replied the Roads and maritime authority would have that information and they would contact me. Anyone heard that one?

I rang lexus of parramatta service dept, told them my car was within the recall numbers, and was told lexus were repairing 500 cars at a time, and i would be contacted. I said i bought the car second hand and were doubtful lexus would have my address. He replied the Roads and maritime authority would have that information and they would contact me. Anyone heard that one?

Yes, RMS would have your address.

Would RMS contact you in relation to the recall? I don't think so.

Would Lexus Australia or its dealers be able to contact you about the recall, by first obtaining your contact details from RMS? Again, I doubt it. If that was the case, then car manufacturers would not have to spend money publishing recall notices in newspapers.

I think your best bet is to contact Lexus Customer Assistance Centre on 1800 023 009. Let them know you want to register yourself as the owner of your Lexus vehicle, and ask them when you can be expected to be formally contacted about the recall.

Hi all

My booking is 2moro with blackburn lexus hope it want take too long to the job and also its pretty straight forward job

regards

Hey mate, how long did they take for this ?

I have mine coming up mid month

Hi Guys, I've booked my car in for a regular service next week at Chatswood Lexus.

Since I haven't received any calls from Lexus about the recall, I'll ask the service center to rectify this recall while my car is there. Let's see what happens.

good luck mate

mine done last week but they washed it and scratched the roof, few scratches :( next time i will tell them not to wash the car.

regards

So much for a complimentary car wash...

The guys at Chatswood Lexus are quite all right, but they did washed my already perfectly cleaned car last time and return a half wet car to me. Not letting them wash again this time.

Yea true.

I told the guy the next day but told me that they use hand wash and no brushes and all do the job carefully and asked me whether the scratches were before. I said wash carefully too and the scratches were not their before and i didnt use the car after the wash was in the garage.

He asked me to bring the car and they will do buff and polish scared o take it and they may make it was. was thinking to do it myself and see. was case is ask them to do it.

cheers

Hi all

My booking is 2moro with blackburn lexus hope it want take too long to the job and also its pretty straight forward job

regards

Hey mate, how long did they take for this ?

I have mine coming up mid month

Sorry mate for the late reply they took a day because they gave me a courtesy car so i can goto work. so that might be the best option i guess.

• 1 year later...

Just want to give Lexus Chatswood a BIG thumbs up for their excellent service as always! Definitely makes me a loyal customer to Lexus, especially the Chatswood dealership.

I called them two weeks ago for the fuel pressure sensor recall, and asked for a courtesy car. Since the recall is performed for free standalone, I thought the dealers would try to up sell something to you like "why don't you do a service while you at it" so they can charge you back. But the girl on the phone was very friendly, no muck around and being very patience with me to book in for the earliest time slot. Also ensuring me the recall is free of charge.

A week ago she called me again and offered to pickup my car from my home or work then drop it off back to me afterwards, so it saves me spending time drive to the service centre. So I said why not!

So this morning an old gentlemen from Lexus picked up my car from Sydney CBD where I work and left me a 3IS 350 F sport as courtesy car for the day. And he returned the car back to me in the afternoon with a complimentary car wash! Everything free of charge.

The whole experience is very professional and polite. Colleagues at work own Porsche, BMW and Audi are now very envy the Lexus customer service. 

Great job Lexus Chatswood.

• Like 1