R C 350

dis-lex-sic

TRC,

Thank you SO much for taking the trouble to post all those photos. Hopefully they will be of interest to other members as well. They have definitely helped me make up my mind and I will be changing my order to Ultra White with Dark Rose. The dealership actually has one of these on the way, arriving in about one week, but it has the Pack 2 instead of the Pack 1 and is a 2014 build and they want about $5k extra over mt custom build, which will be a 2015 build with Pack 1. The active cruise is the only feature of Pack 2 I would ever use (my current IS250 has it) but I'm not sure it's worth 5k. The extra time waiting for the custom build will also give me time to sell the IS250.

Again, congrats on your car. The combo of Titanium with Dark Rose looks amazing!

the dark rose looks greate. did ur dealer give much discount on ur custom built? 5k extra seems to much for the ep2

TRC,

Thank you SO much for taking the trouble to post all those photos. Hopefully they will be of interest to other members as well. They have definitely helped me make up my mind and I will be changing my order to Ultra White with Dark Rose. The dealership actually has one of these on the way, arriving in about one week, but it has the Pack 2 instead of the Pack 1 and is a 2014 build and they want about $5k extra over mt custom build, which will be a 2015 build with Pack 1. The active cruise is the only feature of Pack 2 I would ever use (my current IS250 has it) but I'm not sure it's worth 5k. The extra time waiting for the custom build will also give me time to sell the IS250.

Again, congrats on your car. The combo of Titanium with Dark Rose looks amazing!

Glad to help Supratt, and that it helped you decide. Looking forward to hearing about your own car soon.....

TRC,

the dark rose looks greate. did ur dealer give much discount on ur custom built? 5k extra seems to much for the ep2

No, not much discount. I got $1,000 off plus free window tinting (told me it was worth $600) and free servicing for 4 years.

TRC,

No, not much discount. I got $1,000 off plus free window tinting (told me it was worth $600) and free servicing for 4 years.

wow, thats really not much and asking 5000 on ep2 and with 2014 built car i consider its rip off..... they must sell rc well at least i got this ppint

TRC,

wow, thats really not much and asking 5000 on ep2 and with 2014 built car i consider its rip off..... they must sell rc well at least i got this ppint

There's a long, and growing, waiting list so they don't need to offer any special discounts. Apparently they have already sold two years worth of their forecast in Japan in the first month.

I test drove a RC 350 F-Sport and was very disappointed. I had my heart set on getting one as it ticked all the boxes. I like Lexus for it's reliability, fair pricing and the style/look of the RC. The handling and comfort were great but the engine lacked low end torque and the car just didn't have the punch when the revs are low. Basically the engine had to scream its head off to get the performance of a luxury sports car.

I don't know who Lexus will sell this car to. The styling will not appeal to traditional Lexus buyers. If they want to attract buyers from BMW, then they better get their Engines/Power-trains to perform better.

Hey TRC,

Did you test any of the coupes from Mercedes offerings? How do they compare if you did - tossing up between a used E350 or waiting a bit for the RC350 to become a bit more popular.

could you please tell me what dealer is getting the ultra white with rose interior and pack 2? this is the combo I want and don't want to wait.

it could be already sold as I've rung most places looking but no luck.

thanks heaps

Hey TRC,

Did you test any of the coupes from Mercedes offerings? How do they compare if you did - tossing up between a used E350 or waiting a bit for the RC350 to become a bit more popular.

Hi ICU2. I didn't test the E class coupe. Reasons being that if I was after the E class coupe, only the E400 would have interested me, and that is 140k OTR before any options. Also, as you know, the E class coupe is now very long in the tooth as a new car purchase; being not a true E class and based on the previous C class gen underpinnings. But a good condition used E350 for the right price may be a very worthy consideration

However, I did extensively test the new W205 C class sedan, just in case it may have swayed me. But that's another story. Good luck with your choice.

could you please tell me what dealer is getting the ultra white with rose interior and pack 2? this is the combo I want and don't want to wait.

thanks heaps

Hi normholly, when I bought mine just before Christmas, Blackburn Lexus in Melbourne had the spec you mention arriving in a few days time. The Titanium was already on another dealer's floor, so got that instead as personal preference.

thanks heaps

Sorry, but it was sold last week. It was Sydney City Lexus.

Congratulations on your purchase! The dealer should sort out the number plate issue for you. They do this every day. I've ordered my car with a Euro plates as well and my dealer said they suit the car really well.

hi all,

I pick up my 350 f sport on Tuesday, im just interested in knowing what others have done with the wide plastic number plate backing,seems to long for the plate as well as euro plates.

any ideas?

In NSW, the Classic Euro White plate should perfectly cover the front licence plate bracket (unless the RC's is wide than that of the IS - unlikely). I used that style of plate on a second-generation (pre-spindle-grille) IS, and it did a good job of hiding the black bracket on the white bumper - although whether the car looked better as a result is questionable.

On my MY14 (spindle grille) IS, I have considered replacing the bracket with one designed for the US market, which is narrower. However, I think that the Australian bracket is fixed onto the grille with screws positioned at each end of the bracket, and removing the Australian bracket may expose two holes in the grille.

Given that the black Australian bracket blends into the black spindle grille, may I suggest that you ignore its protrusion and just fit a plate that suits the car and the kind of person you are.