Is200 Brake Upgrade

Has anybody heard of any brake upgrades available for a 2005 IS200 besides putting slotted or drilled rotors?

I've heard of somebody putting LS400 brakes on the front which is apparently a cheap upgrade!

For the front: supra TT bbk with fig eng's offset nuts.

I believe the stock rear 2 piston + performance slot rotors + pads should adequate to cope with this front upgrade

• 1 month later...

LS400's are a decent upgrade, and can be picked up from wrecking yards fairly cheaply - far cheaper than a Supra TT set and they weigh a lot less also. That said, the Supra TT's are the best factory option.

Don't forget OEM alloys won't fit over Supra 4-pot's, you will need to go to 2IS alloys or after-market.

• 6 months later...

I have Figs Engineering caliper brackets with factory calipers and Supra TT disks. Brake pedal feel and ABS both work as stock unlike 4 piston conversions. Also Stock wheels still fit.

My car has a bit more power than stock but stops REALLY well, even doing mororsport. Slotted EBC rotors and EBC Redstuff all round help too.

• 2 weeks later...

>Brake pedal feel and ABS both work as stock unlike 4 piston conversions.

The brake pedal feel and ABS work fine with 4 piston upgrades. I've been running TT 4-pistons for a few years and have never had a problem. Even 2IS owners can run them with no ABS issues.