Hey all,

Been thinking of ditching AAMI for Mum's IS250. As AAMI don't offer choice of repairer.

RACV and Allianz are looking good, as they gave reasonable quotes, and both offer choice of repairer.

Was wondering if any of you guys are insured with either of these companies, and what your experience has been like?

Thanks in advance!

I'm with Coles Insurance, I made a claim through them late last year and they were great. They gave me a couple of their preferred repairers and said I could use my prefferred one if wanted.

Only downfall is that if you go to the repairer of your choice they don't guarentee the repair work whereas Coles have Lifetime guarantee on repairs – through their national repairer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Wilz

Holy crap! I really feel sorry for that guy. I'm gonna assume it was a personal cheque, as I'm pretty sure a bank cheque can't be disputed, as they deduct the money from that persons account.

Mum's not keen on Coles Insurance. As my Aunt was with them, and had to pay an excess for a not at fault accident; and they took quite a long time to refund the excess. She was able to identify the other party, and had a police report I think.

Yeah with most insurance companies, you forfeit the lifetime guarantee if you nominate your own repairer thats not approved by the insurance company.

• 1 year later...

Need to read the PDS (this is the contract) carefully as some insurers will not use new replacement parts (may use OEM parts consistent with age of car or  alternative) when the car is no longer under original manufacturer warranty.