Hi all,

I'm currently driving a 2011 IS350 SL, the ride is ok but can be harsh especially on uneven road, I'm thinking of upgrade my coilover to HKS Hipermax GT, was quoted $2600 include GST and labour, does anyone have experiences with coilover upgrade? I'm not looking at lowering the car, just want to have more comfortable ride, any comments appreicated, thanks a lot

ilv1004s,thank you for the comment, sometimes on uneven road, it feels like the car drives itself, the rough road surface makes the steering wheel turn slightly, which is weired to me(have driven various of BMWs,Merc,Audi,Mazda,Honda,Infinity) but seems normal for the 2gen IS.

Looks like upgrading to 3Gen IS would be a good choice as I'm very impressed by 3Gen chassis,

ilv1004s,thank you for the comment, sometimes on uneven road, it feels like the car drives itself, the rough road surface makes the steering wheel turn slightly, which is weired to me(have driven various of BMWs,Merc,Audi,Mazda,Honda,Infinity) but seems normal for the 2gen IS.

Looks like upgrading to 3Gen IS would be a good choice as I'm very impressed by 3Gen chassis,

thats probably gota do with electronic steering itself than coilovers or such

I have a 2011 FSport and fitted KW coil-overs I am very happy with them, better than f sport suspension in terms of handling and comfort but you may find them harsher than SL ride.

I have a 2011 FSport and fitted KW coil-overs I am very happy with them, better than f sport suspension in terms of handling and comfort but you may find them harsher than SL ride.