Greetings Lexus Nutbags

Hi Everybody,

My name is Nick, some of you might know me from such websites as; ISFanatics, my.is, lexusownersclub, and Performance Forums.

My car is a AUDM 2003 IS300, *BLEEP*ty black paint that needs a respray.

It's good from afar but far from good.

Mods I've currently done are;

Tanabe strut braces

HSD Coilovers

Supra TT 4pot brakes

DBA 4000 rotors

Enkei RPF1s

Federal 595 RSRs

Blacked out headlights

LED dash

Pioneer/Alpine Stereo

Not much but have a 2JZGTE VVTi sitting in the garage with a GTX35R, intercooler etc. Just waiting on gearbox options.

Plan is to get the GTE in with the auto for now then I'm also gathering parts for a manual conversion, likely a T56/TR6060 using a Castlemaine kit or a Lakewood bellhousing and Jim Berry clutch. V160's are great and all but hard to find cheap.

Luckily MV Auto now have a Lexus valve body upgrade for the A650E so that should hopefully be good.

post-8122-0-00707700-1425427075_thumb.jp

Hey wastegate welcome

Do you know what MV automatics do to the valve body? How do they address the accumulators and do they do any porting to increase line pressure?

As you might know in the US people use valve body rods for cheap.

I've got two spare gearboxes at mine one stock and one built with Jeff Tsai's sprag. I also have the Transgo A650e valve body upgrade which contains some parts.

My gearbox has been holding up for 1.5 years of Lift of gear changes with no mods @ 290RWKW+.

I might sent MV automatics an email now that you say they perform upgrades to our VB :D

On the other hand Jeff Tsai can do VB upgrades from $300+ (shipping and if you want fast 1-2shifts etc)

Btw how did you go with Android and OBD hack?

To be honest, I'm not sure, once I have it I will get the details from them.

They seemed to understand the issue with the sprag along with other guys doing the A650 like IPT and LevelTen (won't mention SRT as they suck as a company). They recommended the Stage 2 upgrade which is for performance, Stage 1 was for towing.

They also completely, highly, "don't be an idiot just do it" recommend installing a extra cooler too. They recommend the PWR 300x200 cooler after the rad for day 2 day driving.

Yeah I've been following Jeff's work, I'm not too interesting in bulding the bullet proof AT, just wanted it as a stop gap to get the car going with the GTE and then save for a TR6060 manual conversion after a house.

I got Torque running just perfect with the IS300 now. You need to put in some extra AT commands.

In the vehicle profile of the Torque Pro application add the following line in the VERY ADVANCED ELM327 section

ATIB 96 \n ATIIA 13 \n ATSH8213F0 \n ATSP4 \n 0100

To be honest, I'm not sure, once I have it I will get the details from them.

They seemed to understand the issue with the sprag along with other guys doing the A650 like IPT and LevelTen (won't mention SRT as they suck as a company). They recommended the Stage 2 upgrade which is for performance, Stage 1 was for towing.

They also completely, highly, "don't be an idiot just do it" recommend installing a extra cooler too. They recommend the PWR 300x200 cooler after the rad for day 2 day driving.

Yeah I've been following Jeff's work, I'm not too interesting in bulding the bullet proof AT, just wanted it as a stop gap to get the car going with the GTE and then save for a TR6060 manual conversion after a house.

I got Torque running just perfect with the IS300 now. You need to put in some extra AT commands.

In the vehicle profile of the Torque Pro application add the following line in the VERY ADVANCED ELM327 section

ATIB 96 \n ATIIA 13 \n ATSH8213F0 \n ATSP4 \n 0100

Yeah please let us know the details.

I got two valve bodies I can send to Jeff he can mod them in 3 stages for $350 USD + shipping offset back to AU. If your keen let me know.

SRT was rumoured just to be using Rods and porting the 1-2 gallery for quicker shift

I have the oil cooler.. but no room with my current fmic setup to install stealth. I tried fitting inside the wheel arches. I could make it fit if I were to cut remove the bonnet holder/open latch and install Bonnet pins and have it sit on top of the fmic.

Ok I called up MVAutomatics and they apologise for not replying to emails being flat out.

I got quoted for the performance stage 2 - $480 1 week ETA turn around at present.

The have been testing and Dyno testing the valve bodies for awhile and have found a solution for faster shifts etc. They change various springs for accumulators and within valve body and port the middle gasket, enlarge some holes etc. So the work sounds like Jeff Tsai's IPT/Level 10 Valve body

They also want feedback from customers for the first 6 month period etc. Im sending my valve bodies down and they will offer cash for my spare valve body. Will be shipping mine on Saturday morning on Monday next week