Hi Guys

I am new to lexusownersclub.

I just bout an is250 08 sports lux model and wanted to do perform simple mods.

1. I wanted to buy aftermarket LED lights to copy the 2010 and 2011 headlights and wanted to know if anyone here has made that conversion and could give me some product advice.

2. I wanted to convert the ugly sports luxury grill to a mesh F sport grill, the problem is the front Lexus logo is a safety sensor which supposedly stops the car when you come too close to the car infront of you. is there a F sport grill which will support this feature?

Please share some good knowledge!

1. there are LED lights that are made by mars

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lexus-IS250-IS350-ISF-Black-LED-DRL-Day-Time-Projector-Head-Lights-Headlight-/221494252287?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33921612ff

or you can get genuine set which is over 2K

2. you wont be able to find any genuine F sport grille for the 2008

though you can get F sport style aftermarket grille from ebay

• Like 1

I too am interested in swapping out the ordinary looking grille on my 2013 IS250 series 2 for an F sport mesh grille.Are there any options available?Genuine or a copy.

Thanks guys. With the aftermarket mesh grill, will that cause problems with the pcs? Because the logo on hone grill currently is different to the logos without that cruise control sensor option, I was hoping to get a mesh grill and still be able to use that option

To answer all the questions here...

The only F Sport style sports grilles you can get are the replicas made for the 08 models off on eBay. These aren't compatible with the sports luxury PCS system and there is no 06-08 sports grilles that are compatible with these grilles. You would either have to sacrifice the PCS system (not recommended) or just stick with the grille. And no the ISF grille cannot be modded to fir the 06 models even though they are PCS compatible.

What you could try is buy the grille from eBay and take careful measurements to custom fit the PCS badge onto the F Sport grille. This is probably the only way you could go about in doing this.

For the 2013 model you can simple just buy a Genuine F Sport grille for your car provided yours is just the luxury model and not the Sports Luxury as the F Sport models don't come with PCS and does not support the system. But as above you could probably buy the grille and retrofit the badge onto it. However, I really wouldn't recommend cutting a genuine one as it is pretty pricey.

• Like 1

To answer all the questions here...

The only F Sport style sports grilles you can get are the replicas made for the 08 models off on eBay. These aren't compatible with the sports luxury PCS system and there is no 06-08 sports grilles that are compatible with these grilles. You would either have to sacrifice the PCS system (not recommended) or just stick with the grille. And no the ISF grille cannot be modded to fir the 06 models even though they are PCS compatible.

What you could try is buy the grille from eBay and take careful measurements to custom fit the PCS badge onto the F Sport grille. This is probably the only way you could go about in doing this.

For the 2013 model you can simple just buy a Genuine F Sport grille for your car provided yours is just the luxury model and not the Sports Luxury as the F Sport models don't come with PCS and does not support the system. But as above you could probably buy the grille and retrofit the badge onto it. However, I really wouldn't recommend cutting a genuine one as it is pretty pricey.

Thanks this was very informative and unfortunately confirms what I thought! Dammit I am hating my sports lux grill, if only the isf grills fit the is250 grills provided the isf is pcs compatible, that would be an easy fix.

I got my lights changed to aftermarket lights with LED, had one bulb die on the installation and am waiting replacing these bulbs to see whether it was a good investment. Alough with the aftermarket light it brings up the afs light flashing on the dashboard. That is annoying I wonder if anyone knows how to turn that off.

In the US you can get the F-Sport grill with PCS option for the 2013 model.

AFS flashing you have 2 options - take out the speedo and tape up the LED or pull the fuse and disable your auto-levelling system too.

Like I CU2 said only option is to take speedo out and either take off the AFS LED light or just tape it up. earlier models had AFS but the newer models due to the LED do not support this function. I also have a set of bulbs for sale if you're interested. They're the genuine OSRAM Cool Blue Intense Xenarc 5000k bulbs imported from V-Leds in the US.

Thanks for your offer but I have already purchased the bulbs.

I think opening up the speedo is too intrusive, maybe I'll just tape over the top of it.

I don't know why the LED would interfere with PCS.

Anyways have you guys ever been to a Lexus meet? I haven't been to one but would want to know when and where they occur

The LED lights in the housing restricts the amount of room inside the headlight which doesn't allow for the AFS system because there's simply no room. That's why headlights with the LED don't have AFS.

Well the aftermarket lights work well, the figment is 90% but doesn't fit perfectly, the biggest issue is the afs light that keeps,flashing but I will get around to covering that up!