Sunglass Holder And Towbar For Is350 - Is3

Hi guys,

time to upgrade me IS350 Is2-2011 SL, i am about 4 weeks from ordering.

one of my bug bears is the lack of sunglass hold and towbar option.

Do you know if the new model can be ordered with a tow bar?

I have asked about the sunglasses holder and i am being told that this isn't an option.....WTF. Who doesn't wear sunnies in Australia?

Stephen

the funny part is you can buy a towbar for the IS250, however the IS350 isn't rated to have a towbar. As a result a number of after market people provide the service however the cost is high and will make you warranty invalid.

Go Figure, after all it is the same chassis.

the funny part is you can buy a towbar for the IS250, however the IS350 isn't rated to have a towbar. As a result a number of after market people provide the service however the cost is high and will make you warranty invalid.

That's strange. Doesn't dis-lex-sic have a genuine towbar on his IS 350?

Same for the ISF

That's strange. Doesn't dis-lex-sic have a genuine towbar on his IS 350?

@Lexus Nerd - do you know if it is available on the current version of the IS350?

Same for the ISF

I know so strange, i just want to fit a bike rack. Oh Well if the new model has that option, I guess I will need to update it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

You can swap out the overhead console for the US one and that has the sunglass holder. I even installed LEDs in it so it lights up.

I can do the custom LED install for you if you source the overhead console.

IMG_20150406_180452.jpg

• 1 year later...

I checked out my overhead console but where the sunglasses bit goes there is a box of electronics in the way. Prob why none fitted to Oz cars.

Ahhh mine is IS2

Edited by bazzle
IS2

On 4/7/2017 at 1:29 PM, bazzle said:

I checked out my overhead console but where the sunglasses bit goes there is a box of electronics in the way. Prob why none fitted to Oz cars.

thanks for that Bazzle,

i ordered a new IS350, while i now have a tow bar, i am still without a standard place for my Sunglasses. I know that a heap of electronic stuff is housed under there, but at the end of the day it seems like poor design and not at all in line with what you would expect from a leading company like Toyota/Lexus.

Will you be interested in one of these?

It's an OEM part and replaces the stock ash tray compartment up front. I use this as a sunglass compartment in my car. Good place to out your phone and what not too.

$100 + shipping

DSC_1441_zpsxxml9h2o.JPG.2f99e1c08d99f5aacb7e6c5415483fb4.JPG