hey guys, just wondering if i could get your thoughts on xforce exhaust system for IS350? I couldnt find much reviews on this as every IS owners seems to go to JoeZ, F sport..etc which i know nothing is wrong with them. The reason I'm looking into Xforce exhaust is because it's about 40% cheaper installed than JoeZ or PPE headers.

What i found is PPE headers installed and joez installed prices are virtually the same and if i'm prepared to spend that much i would get PPE headers for sure but knowing it will only give me roughly 16whp gain, i just think it's not worth the money considering i plan to buy an ISF in a year or two. So i thought if i just want to improve the exhaust note, maybe i should look at Xforce since it's alot cheaper and fairly well-known.

If you want cheap & nice sound, just get an intake & something like an m2 exhaust from ebay. Had one on my 250 (interchangeable) & liked it. I also deleted resonator too.

I fitted an xforce 3" cat back on my previous car, (non lexus) and I was not impressed with the quality.

It was difficult to get everything lined up, and after a couple of years you could see slight rust pits around welds.

Mind you this was the cheaply mild steel model I fitted (not stainless).

There was a fair bit of drone around certain rpm points (not that I minded as it was a V8 so it was quite pleasant)

If you are thinking of selling the car soon, my suggestion would be to hold off changing the exhaust.

It will be harder to sell (majority of potential is owners would prefer a stock or close to stock car than something that has been molested) so it will be harder to sell (unless you change the exhaust back to stock again).

I hope this helps

If you want cheap & nice sound, just get an intake & something like an m2 exhaust from ebay. Had one on my 250 (interchangeable) & liked it. I also deleted resonator too.

Thanks for your reply MR2. I have a F sport intake fitted already which only sounds awesome after 4000rpm ish. Need something around low to mid range too. I'm willing to spend a reasonable amount of money on mods ($1600), but not $2400 on just PPE header or joez.

I fitted an xforce 3" cat back on my previous car, (non lexus) and I was not impressed with the quality.

It was difficult to get everything lined up, and after a couple of years you could see slight rust pits around welds.

Mind you this was the cheaply mild steel model I fitted (not stainless).

There was a fair bit of drone around certain rpm points (not that I minded as it was a V8 so it was quite pleasant)

If you are thinking of selling the car soon, my suggestion would be to hold off changing the exhaust.

It will be harder to sell (majority of potential is owners would prefer a stock or close to stock car than something that has been molested) so it will be harder to sell (unless you change the exhaust back to stock again).

I hope this helps

Thanks Zerone, the xforce cat back is 2.5'' full stainless steel and i drive my daily so i think it should be okay staying rustfree.

Do you know how restrictive stock exhaust system is on IS350?

Has anyone seen or heard the TRD exhaust on 3rd gen is 350 f ?

Also what is the best cheap intake? Thinking of just k&n drop in filter and maybe making cool air flow better to box?

Any ideas?

Thanks Simon

TRD are known for being only slightly better than stock & quiet too. Dedicated aftermarket units are usually better.

Just get a k&n or takeda intake. If you really wanna get the cheapest, get an ebay intake pipe & the filter to something like a 3A or K&N pod. Then make your own shroud which wouldn't be hard.

I have a Magnaflow catback exhaust + PPE headers for sale from my 2011 IS 350 F Sport if your interested.

thank you for the offer, i think i might just get a new set so i should not have too much or less drama when i sell my car in future. I like to show potential buyers invoices for all the major mods done to my car.

hey guys, got 2.5'' stainless steel xforce catback fitted last week. Been driving for a few days now and what i have noticed are the following:

1. Fuel consumption has improved from 11.3L/100KM ish to 10.5L/100KM. My driving manner hasnt really changed.

2. Cold start is quite loud for about 10 seconds, and fairly subtle on idling and cruising with foot off the accelerator pedal. But once you put your foot down say from 1500rpm, it will stay at a nice deep tone all the way through the rpms.

I have uploaded a couple photos below. Havent had a chance to video record drive away sound yet, but at low revs it sounds similar to this video here:

http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/pche7304/media/IMG_9570_zpsaftvxhzf.jpg.html

http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/pche7304/media/IMG_9567%20-%20Copy_zpsgxkjqybd.jpg.html

• Like 1

Congrats on your new mod. But does it drone at low rev?

I have a IS250, tried a few aftermarket system before, all too droning with my invidia mid-pipe.

Congrats on your new mod. But does it drone at low rev?

I have a IS250, tried a few aftermarket system before, all too droning with my invidia mid-pipe.

thanks mate, i would say barely or at least not to the point where it's annoying. I live in St.Ives and work in Castle Hill during the day. If you are interested, i can show you.

Nice if there is no drone. Come join our next club meet and let's hear it. I think there is a meet coming up in July/August.

Nice if there is no drone. Come join our next club meet and let's hear it. I think there is a meet coming up in July/August.

look forward to meeting everyone again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the exact same exhaust installed after your post 35ZERO and I absolutely love it! :)

I'm glad you like it! i think it's very good bang for the buck and not only it sounds great i think, the stainless steel exhaust tips certainly improves the car's aesthetics. Hope to see your car in the next Lexus meet :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm keen to get one for my RC350. I wish there was more available in Australia. Did you notice much power gains? My standard exhaust seems small, sure a 2.5 inch system would enhance throttle response. My car seems quite gutless to what I'm used to.