Any Annoying Issues Or Small Problems With Your New Nx?

Juvi

Thought it might be useful to have a post for people to vent about any issues they've had , and list any any problems or difficulties and maybe find a solution from other's who've gone through it.

Me personally I've just had the Nx 200t a few days and love driving it. Drove it to work last few days took me to the end of the shift and that I was looking fwd to the drive home before I realised why I was in such a good mood all day at work!

Issues -

1) the Sat Nav - seemed to find slower routes then google maps on phone.

2) the voice recognition -!!!!! Arggggh!!!! Spent last two days trying to get the bloody thing to recognize "Call Home" ... going to have dreams about "Call Home... Call Home... Call Home... ... dial 5, dial 4, call Keith, Go home (when it got lucky) , call Wayne, "

Used to using the voice recognition on Google and android and so much better on that. Will try and persevere and hope it improves.

3)Reading some of the forums in Canada/USA lexus owners we in Oz seem to be missing a couple of functions on the media device.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-models/768380-nx-interesting-discoveries-thread-good-or-bad.html

(on a side note interesting thread on the above forum on some things I didn't know about the Nx)

• 4 weeks later...

In regards to you not being able to operate the voice commands properly try the following.

Change the name for your home phone number from "home"

Two reasons for this

One is that it makes it difficult to operate the "Go Home" command as it sounds too much like like "call home".

Also having more than one word names for phone numbers makes the voice dialling more accurate. It will work better.

In regards to you not being able to operate the voice commands properly try the following.

Change the name for your home phone number from "home"

Two reasons for this

One is that it makes it difficult to operate the "Go Home" command as it sounds too much like like "call home".

Also having more than one word names for phone numbers makes the voice dialling more accurate. It will work better.

Considered it but too stubborn to do something as sensible as that. :)

Have continued with practicing and it does improve, but still frustrating. Lot better recognition when using in garage, but as soon as you on road and driving looses some of its accuracy - which is kind of pointless for voice recognition on a car.

Also the navigation system has been pretty pants, the routes are often longer, and doesn't update quickly or reroute if congestion. Again for navigation and voice recognition much better to just use your phone. So raises the question why are Toyota/Lexus one of the few car manufacturers not embracing Android Auto and Apple's Carplay? An why in a premium vehicle do they have such poor infotainment system.

• 3 weeks later...

I took delivery of a NX200T F-Sport with EP2 in blue in late June after ordering this in February. Lovely to drive but I have found that the heads up display adjustment mechanism is faulty. I'm 183cm tall and need to adjust this display using the dash arrows but the display simply vibrates and won't adjust in any direction. We are going away fir a couple weeks and will use the Qantas Valet service and have asked the service team to check it out. It's annoying have to stoop in the seat to view the speed display.

I took delivery of a NX200T F-Sport with EP2 in blue in late June after ordering this in February. Lovely to drive but I have found that the heads up display adjustment mechanism is faulty. I'm 183cm tall and need to adjust this display using the dash arrows but the display simply vibrates and won't adjust in any direction. We are going away fir a couple weeks and will use the Qantas Valet service and have asked the service team to check it out. It's annoying have to stoop in the seat to view the speed display.

Hi Pedro,

Yes get it checked out. I also have a NX200T F-Sport with EP2, I'm 180cm tall and I can definitely adjust the HUD so that I can see it without any issues.

Does anyone know if on the HUD it's meant to display the speed zone you are in? I happen to see over over on the US NX forum someone had taken a photo of the HUD display & it showed the speed of the zone the car was travelling in.

Also, isthe speed being displayed by the HUD taken from the GPS or from the traditional means used by all cars?

• 3 weeks later...

Had the car for 6mths now, but still no news of Pandora app for Australia Lexus Enform..

So behind compared to a toyota corolla or a hyundai where they already have android auto and carplay integration..

Come on Lexus.. Lift up your game.!!

Thought it might be useful to have a post for people to vent about any

1) the Sat Nav - seemed to find slower routes then google maps on phone.

Try changing the driving speeds under the Advanced Navi. Settings. These should be set to the average speeds at which you usually drive (having regard to the traffic conditions you most often drive in, whilst using route guidance) on suburban streets, major roads and freeways.

• Like 1

On my visit to Sydney city Lexus last week I was told that the NX will be getting a tech upgrade, hopefully that will deal with some of the issues you guys have raised.

I really loved the NX and so did the Boss, that's why she's getting one :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

An annoyance of mine is the way the navigation system consistently warns me that I am approaching a school zone even when it's 10pm at night!

Surely there is an internal clock in the navigation system that could be checked to see if the current time is within the hours 6pm to 6am and if so then not issue the alert. The programming could actually go further and check the day of the week to see if the current day is a weekend and not issue the school zone alert at all.

Wouldn't be a major challenge for a programmer to make.

An annoyance of mine is the way the navigation system consistently warns me that I am approaching a school zone even when it's 10pm at night!

Surely there is an internal clock in the navigation system that could be checked to see if the current time is within the hours 6pm to 6am and if so then not issue the alert. The programming could actually go further and check the day of the week to see if the current day is a weekend and not issue the school zone alert at all.

Wouldn't be a major challenge for a programmer to make.

Heehee yeah it is annoying, there is an option on settings in navigation to turn off the school and speed camera warning completely, but not to adjust for times when school should be off.

• 4 weeks later...

With the back door, I seem to have issue with the button on the driver side button to open it.

I pressed for 2 second and the backdoor wont open.

And sometimes I parked the car and put on parking brakes, I can open the back door using the buttons on the back door,.

Anyone else have similar issue? or resolution for this issue?

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to get that issue sometimes. I didn't think of it as much, but yes, it seems to wait for another press on the button to open up the back.

I started to notice a new issue/thing (not sure what to call it). While driving the steering seems quite light and loose and then tends to feel tight all of a sudden. I've also noticed that it happen when I run on uneven road patches. Does that happen to anyone else?

I thought the steering should always be firm and not loosen and tighten up. Gives a very unsafe feeling.

• 1 month later...

Had the car for 6mths now, but still no news of Pandora app for Australia Lexus Enform..

So behind compared to a toyota corolla or a hyundai where they already have android auto and carplay integration..

Come on Lexus.. Lift up your game.!!

Finally they decided to added Pandora to their Enform app

only took a year..

still only 4000k on the odo

:(

I enthusiastically downloaded the Enform upgrade today in order to use Pandora but found an issue when trying to use Pandora.

Enform requires the user to login to Pandora using a registered Pandora email and password.

My Pandora registered email address includes a full stop "." between my first name and surname and the problem I found is that there is no full stop character visible on the on screen keyboard making it impossible to me to login to my Pandora account.

I have searched and double searched the available on screen keyboard to no avail.

Does anyone know where I can find the full stop character or of a workaround?

Siri eyes free not working on Australian spec models.??Why. Also TPMS does not provide individual tyre pressures like US. Only tells you there's a flat tyre so you have to carry a tyre gauge! Cost cutting.

I enthusiastically downloaded the Enform upgrade today in order to use Pandora but found an issue when trying to use Pandora.

Enform requires the user to login to Pandora using a registered Pandora email and password.

My Pandora registered email address includes a full stop "." between my first name and surname and the problem I found is that there is no full stop character visible on the on screen keyboard making it impossible to me to login to my Pandora account.

I have searched and double searched the available on screen keyboard to no avail.

Does anyone know where I can find the full stop character or of a workaround?

After I upgraded Enform on my first Lexus, Enform requested my Pandora login ID and password before it allowed me to use Pandora.

After I upgraded Enform on my second Lexus, however, Pandora started playing music without prompting me for a login ID and password.

That means your Pandora login ID and password are not stored in your car's infotainment system, but either in the smartphone app or the Enform server in the Cloud. My guess is that it's the Enform server - just like recent and saved Destinations and Fuel Finder preferences.

I suggest you contact the Enform Call Centre on 1300 729 950. They probably have a back-end interface to enter your Pandora login ID. Do be patient, though, as the person you're speaking with on the phone may not understand the problem, nor know how to fix it. They might get back to you within the next day.

The following is the reply I got from Lexus Customer Assistance Centre

"Thank you for contacting Lexus Australia.

I would like to thank you for bring this issue to our attention, at present unfortunately there is no fix for the issue however as I am sure you can expect our developers have been made aware of the issue and are working on a fix as we speak.

Again thank you for your time in bringing this to our attention and we hope to see a resolution to this ASAP.

Kind regards,

Lexus Customer Assistance Centre"

I would
like to thank you for bring this issue to our attention, at present
unfortunately there is no fix for the issue however as I am sure you can expect
our developers have been made aware of the issue and are working on a fix as we
speak.

Again thank you for your time in bringing this to
our attention and we hope to see a resolution to this ASAP.

Kind regards,

Lexus Customer Assistance Centre - Damien

Hi All,

Lexus Infotainment seems to be extremely poorly implemented for a luxury brand. Other luxury brands such as BMW have a great interface.

Like p0c1, 1 year to add Pandora into Enform (which look like a Windows 95 rip off of a software).

Just out of curiosity, everyone seems to talk about Pandora, but no one seems to mention about Spotify. Is it that it's not popular here in Australia?

It's a great service and you can create your own playlist and listen to tons of music and albums from many artists, except... for Taylor Swift.. She said No No to Spotify :unsure:

Suppose the waiting period is a year for it to be added :angry: :( Hopefully, Lexus knows that such a service exists... :P :P :P

Hi pedro1956

There is a fullstop in the character keyboard. You have to click on the 'up' arrow to make the letters simple case. You'll find the full stop in there.

'Cause you do need the full stop to enter the email address as there is a ".com" for most people.

I've added Pandora and logged in successfully with my email address.

Hope this helps you.

Can Lexus please update the operating system so the Siri Eyes Free works on Australia. Works fine on US models but not active on Aus models. I'm sure an update will fix this quick smart.

Why does Lexus think all Australian buyers are over the age of 50. No disrespect to the over 50 category.

Hi All,

Lexus Infotainment seems to be extremely poorly implemented for a luxury brand. Other luxury brands such as BMW have a great interface.

Like p0c1, 1 year to add Pandora into Enform (which look like a Windows 95 rip off of a software).

Just out of curiosity, everyone seems to talk about Pandora, but no one seems to mention about Spotify. Is it that it's not popular here in Australia?

It's a great service and you can create your own playlist and listen to tons of music and albums from many artists, except... for Taylor Swift.. She said No No to Spotify :unsure:

Suppose the waiting period is a year for it to be added :angry: :( Hopefully, Lexus knows that such a service exists... :P :P :P

The interface may not look pretty, but at least you can use it in traffic, and still keep your eyes on the road.

Spotify has "tons of music and albums from ..." mostly rap artists. At least, every time I've tried using it (I really *want* to like it, but ...) Pandora's music is more varied (although you start hearing the same music on the same station, after about two hours).

• 2 weeks later...