Performance Mods

NatCapRC

Hi

I'm looking at doing some intake and exhaust mods. Would be interested to hear what others have done, where you can get Takeda intakes and Invidia exhausts from (I'm in the ACT), and whether the mods done to IS and GS 350 exhausts (mid pipes and axle back exhausts) are the same, especially part numbers from exhaust suppliers?

Anyone tried importing the genuine Lexus rear spolier from the States? Apparently they aren't available from Lexus here...

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm picking mine up this week and have been looking for the same info but can't seem to find much about it in Aus.

The closest I can find are a bunch of US links for $1300 (USD) MagnaFlow catback exhausts.

As for intakes, I've found a black Takeda on eBay coming from LA and an aluminium one on a US site. Looks like this might be the same one on eBay if you'd prefer to buy through there.

I'm picking mine up this week and have been looking for the same info but can't seem to find much about it in Aus.

The closest I can find are a bunch of US links for $1300 (USD) MagnaFlow catback exhausts.

As for intakes, I've found a black Takeda on eBay coming from LA and an aluminium one on a US site. Looks like this might be the same one on eBay if you'd prefer to buy through there.

Maybe Invidia mid pipe and muffler delete - should be less than AU$1000?

I tried a few eBay US sellers for the Takeda Intake but none will ship to Oz. I have found some local guys who are importing from the U.S. distributor though.

I tried a few eBay US sellers for the Takeda Intake but none will ship to Oz. I have found some local guys who are importing from the U.S. distributor though.

Hmm, I didn't look at that actually. I guess my biggest worry at this stage is what the exhaust is going to sound like. I don't want to go spending $1k on parts then pay to have it installed and hate it. I've heard plenty of examples of US forums that honestly sound like a VT Commodore :unsure:

It may end up being cheaper/safer to go get a custom one done somewhere locally. I'm really just chasing the same tone but slightly louder so it should be simple enough. If it sounded at low RPM how it does inside when you wind out the revs, that would be perfect.

• Like 1

Hmm, I didn't look at that actually. I guess my biggest worry at this stage is what the exhaust is going to sound like. I don't want to go spending $1k on parts then pay to have it installed and hate it. I've heard plenty of examples of US forums that honestly sound like a VT Commodore :unsure:

It may end up being cheaper/safer to go get a custom one done somewhere locally. I'm really just chasing the same tone but slightly louder so it should be simple enough. If it sounded at low RPM how it does inside when you wind out the revs, that would be perfect.

This ain't no VT!! http://youtu.be/o14n2J824BA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...