Hello All,

I have a 2010 Lexus IS250. I have lost all keys for the car.

Can anyone advise a Locksmith that can cut a program keys to the car? (I assume he needs special access to the car to reprogram a new key to the car)

A Lexus dealer has mentioned to me this costing 1000's due to the ECU having to be replaced.

I have done further research and found this not to be the case. A dealer/locksmith with access to the TIS (https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti) can intiate a challenge response code with the ECU to reprogram a new key to the car.

Can someone advise a good dealer or Locksmith in Sydney who would be able to do this?

Thanks for the help

Your immobiliser has to be reset, look up how to reseed it using TIS. Dealers have to contact Toyota HQ in order to get an authorisation code to get TIS to initiate it.

I think I recall reading that there were some places online that could do it remotely too but you have to becareful because you might brick your whole car if you don't know what you're doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Your Lexus dealer should have recorded the numeric key code (it's engraved on a metallic tag that comes with the keys when the car is first delivered). If you purchase replacement keys from your dealer, they can encode them using that number.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...