Im Back In An Isf!

BULLIT

Guys the ISF peaks at around 245km/h at the end of the main straight. Pretty hairy. You have to really be careful as it is might not be as quick as the smaller cars in the corners but its a hell of a brut animal on the stretches. I havent gone off at Phillip Island  as im a little overcautious with a ISF. No insurance and i dont want to risk totalling it.

damn thats moving.. I think I hit 195ish? was with an instructor on the lexus drive day and the witches hats are put well before the braking point though!

8 hours ago, ISFBloke said:

yeah mine got a bit of extra power to it but you need big balls to brake late into the first turn:)

The mini has made 220 kmh down the straight before turning into one at the island. But just found out ran that PB 52 with the car down on power. Just got off the dyno and found it lean again due to pressure reg issues. Back at the island end of month with problem fixed, so hoping for some more speed and will need to grab the bull (balls) by the horn for turn one. Lol

13 hours ago, Blacky said:

The mini has made 220 kmh down the straight before turning into one at the island. But just found out ran that PB 52 with the car down on power. Just got off the dyno and found it lean again due to pressure reg issues. Back at the island end of month with problem fixed, so hoping for some more speed and will need to grab the bull (balls) by the horn for turn one. Lol

I was referring to the Eastern Creek main straight.

Yes speedo's rarely are, that's why I use my RaceChrono timer with external GPS receiver, much more accurate than just a mobile phone.  that's also why I run 35 series tyres on the rear, I'm sure 30 series would say 235 on the speedo.  but they are good fun days

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats. Good to see you back in one!

I've had two R35 GTRs and a 2011 E90 M3 Comp Pack as regular drive cars since I sold mine. I'm also thinking of getting back into an ISF, they're such good cars and such good value. 

You bought almost my ideal car, I'm hoping to find a white 2014 for the right money (wish me luck lol). I need to sell my R35 GTR first ideally though. 

If they do it I'll have Lexus Chatswood fit the headers and do Joe Z intake/Joe Z or X Force exhaust. What exhaust are you planning to fit?

And I agree re the seats, I drove mine to Adelaide (1100km) in one sitting and my back was killing me! I drove the R35 back and no issues. 

I was in the same boat as you, too many km with work. I do miss my E90 M3 Comp pack, especially the seats/seating position and the 8300rpm redline but love everything else about the ISF. I have an x force Varex exhaust on order, none in the country at the moment.

There was a brand new 2014 white ISF available in Canberra at the end of last year for 95k drive away. The late model low km ones are getting harder to get, this is a nice car but not my ideal colour http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Lexus-IS-F-2014/OAG-AD-12409400/?Cr=0

I saw that one, looks like a nice car. Ideally I want to bank a bit of cash so I probably don't want to stretch it too much, I'll buy a MY13 if I have to. Also while I like the colour I don't love it. Very rare though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Funny you guys complain about the seat, so far the IS-F seats are the only one I can do endless trips in, all other cars hurt my back. As for he exhaust I am really looking to get the PPE full custom that goes with the headers and has switch valves. Everyone raves about them on the US forums but they are not cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on your budget. I have owned a MY10 and now have a MY13 ISF. There is a difference with the vehicle as it is much more refined. I have put on the PPE headers and JoeZ exhaust and the car if brilliant to say the least in performance. Also if it is reliability you are worried about then the ISF's have proven to be very reliable over the years. Most of the guys on the forum will vouch for that. 

I did actually drive the GSF on the Lexus of Chatswood track day last week and can say that i was very impressed. The chassis and ride is very refined and Lexus has done a excellent job of it. I will definately consider buying one in the future as i like a 4 door but with the power as well. It is more powerful than a stock ISF but not as quick as a modified one as i can vouch for that. Either way in my opinion you cant go wrong with either of them. Both are brilliant cars. Just depends as i said on your budget. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

As Peter said the GS-F is a very nice car but only if you are after a large luxury sedan if you want something smaller and nimble than the IS-F, I would not go below model 2011 as that's where all the upgrades were done which made a significant difference to the car. Either way you can't go wrong especially with value for money and reliability/peace of mind.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jay p said:

Hi guys was looking at a lexus high end model as sold my e92 bmw after having huge continuous mechanical issues with only 60k kms

Can i please have help on whether to consider the is f say 2010 model or go for a newer gs f lexus? 

I didn't have any issues with my M3, it was a later model one though and only had 9,000km when I bought it, I sold it with 42,000km, it really was an awesome car and trouble free ownership.

You won't have any mechanical issues with a late model ISF, they're built like a tank. Personally I would get at least an MY11 or later. The GSF is in a completely different price bracket (twice the price), while I haven't driven one I heard they're beatififul to drive and obviously a lot more modern that the ISF especially inside.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2016 at 11:23 AM, Blacky said:

I sit what I would call fairly upright and close to the wheel for 6' and have not troubles with seating position, I do sit as low as the seat goes though.

I have to rake my seat waaaaaay back so my head doesn't hit the roof.. Thats with the seat on the lowest setting too. Have you got a sunroof?

On 3/15/2016 at 8:46 PM, MR2QIK said:

Unless abused & uncared for, no ISF should give you trouble.

My first IS-F a 2008 had over 110.000 on the clock it was tracked regularly very hard and not a single issue. It always went in for pre and post track inspections though.

I don't punish the current one nearly as hard maybe I am becoming more sensible.

They are indestructible.