ISF Cars and Coffee Meet Up

BCHLER

The official Cars and Coffee Sydney event is kicking off for 2016 in 2 weeks on 31st January. I thought it would be a great idea to get an ISF contingent out and also to see some other great Supercars including Maserati's Ferrari's Lamborghini's and the like. If it's like their previous events, it's not to be missed. Event runs 9-12 so it leaves you plenty of time to enjoy the rest of your day. 

All details can be found here 

https://m.facebook.com/events/797006650411513?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A104%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&aref=104&refid=17&__tn__=H

plesse post your interest in this thread so we arrange a pre meet up and cruise in together 

cheers

alex

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cars and Coffee was good, except the car park area was very sloshy to drive on with all the rain we have had.

Here are a couple of picture.

P1180866.JPG

P1180896.JPG

P1180907.JPG

P1180909.JPG

• Like 1

good to briefly see you as you were passing John lol..

first time I went to this event, even though I didn't get in as I was told it was pointless I actually enjoyed being in a traffic jam with supercars / rare as cars and just some great clean rides in general!

will definitely attend again in the future hope the next location is a bit more user friendly though!

• Like 1

Yeah getting there early was a must. Old cars and coffee location was MUCH more user friendly - just off main road, no traffic, all paved roads, no mud.

im trying out a new event next Sunday- run the first Sunday of every month- terry hills no traffic, off main road, same level of Supercars and hopefully better terrain. Will post details

i got there today saw condition of the 'mud bath' turned around and parked up the road and walked down. So many super cars didn't want to drive in the wet grounds so saw A LOT of exotics turning around. Will be interested to see what the write up is like. But I must say hat this was one of the most poorly run events that I've attended when it comes to exotic/Supercars meet 

Yep fully agree with you BCHLER.

All reports are that this was a sub par event and it was only the name "Cars & Coffee" that was the same as the old event at Cavalino's. Which was fantastic.

Especially in the average level of cars in attendance. It was originally an event for exotics and rare/collectable cars. Or as the organisers had put it "It’s an eclectic and expensive mix."

Now if you've got a Hyundai with a flash set of wheels apparently that's enough to warrant putting it "on show".

It is a one road in and out type of venue so really not a smart choice.

It won't last long though as complaints from locals will shut it down as traffic was a nightmare. .

• Like 1

Yes, only one road in and one road out was a setup for a major traffic jam.  when I left the Cars and Coffee event and turned left onto Woolwich Rd, the traffic jam started for people leaving and for those trying to get there, it was a bit of a mess. But Clarke's Point is a lovely spot.  as this was my first time at one of these events, I was surprised at how many average cars were there.

After the locals and everyone complains, I'm sure it will not be held there again.

These guys have a lot to live up to the Cavallinos Cars and Coffee name... i was bitterly dissapointed. 

talks are that they will revise the venue for next meet.  

Cavallinos was the first sunday of every month, only had premium cars turn up - think they have ruined it by over publicising it and letting the youth 'stance' guys in

• 4 months later...

The original one at Cavalinos is no longer. It was once a month and was the greatest of monthly meet ups. This incarnation was poorly organised but has potential. 

Still waiting on details for the next meet