ISF ECU tune , thought ?

Dcsrs200

As you guys might know , ECU tuning has been available for ISF for 2-3 months now and recently OBD  tuning was released so just wondering has anyone tried it ?

i am keen to get ECU tuned soon after the exhaust .

Nick

id be talking to Rafi @ RR Racing

they are really the only guys with proven numbers etc.

they are about to release an OBD flasher also.. interesting!

not sure if its compatible with our ECU's though.

----------------

Here is a pic of our handheld OBD flasher.

Features:

• It will come pre-loaded with the maps, you do not need a laptop. In the future, if we provide an update we can that out by email and you can download that into the device with a PC.
  • OBD flash device only works on one car.
  • No need to send in your ISF ECU.
  • Price is $795.

We will have ordering info on our site later tonight.
80-obd_tuning_39a5e4be66e20864d702e74d1a

Rafi

Interesting topic. I'll wait a bit longer to see more results come through. It's a tough one. RRRacing is abroad, but appear to have spent the most time developing/testing it. The locals that can do it, haven't spent time on it, but are confident (perhaps overly so) that they can get it done & take your money quick fast.

I will go for Exhaust/header/intake route first as it is proven and enhanced the v8 sound .

anyone here have had PPE/ JoeZ or other exhaust setup ? If yes , can you share some experiences ? 

Is there any supplier here can get PPE header or i have to import it myself from State .

TIA,

Nick

27 minutes ago, Dcsrs200 said:

I will go for Exhaust/header/intake route first as it is proven and enhanced the v8 sound .

anyone here have had PPE/ JoeZ or other exhaust setup ? If yes , can you share some experiences ? 

Is there any supplier here can get PPE header or i have to import it myself from State .

TIA,

Nick

I have PPE with Borla. Great experience & sound. Car is noticeably faster @ each step.

I have the PPE Headers and Joez exhaust. Beautiful rumble sound and yes definitely faster. The headers brought it to life. It makes the factory ISF {which is brilliant} feel sedated. I wouldn't of believed it until i drove it. 

On 13 March 2016 at 8:39 PM, Vaku said:

This is the same id be talking to Rafi @ RR Racing

they are really the only guys with proven numbers etc.

they are about to release an OBD flasher also.. interesting!

not sure if its compatible with our ECU's though.

----------------

Here is a pic of our handheld OBD flasher.

Features:

• It will come pre-loaded with the maps, you do not need a laptop. In the future, if we provide an update we can that out by email and you can download that into the device with a PC.
  • OBD flash device only works on one car.
  • No need to send in your ISF ECU.
  • Price is $795.

We will have ordering info on our site later tonight.
80-obd_tuning_39a5e4be66e20864d702e74d1a

Rafi

this is the same controller I use for my track mini. I think it is from Italy. Works well for the mini but I think the Lexus software is far more sophisticated thank the 2002 mini siemens unit. 

For what it is worth the unit itself works well and holds different tunes. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/03/2016 at 8:39 PM, Vaku said:

Looking through this whole thread, and some other threads on the forum, looks like there are a lot of positives with the tune..

Could be interesting, but seems to only be truly worthwhile with full exhaust and intake:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/817215-my-new-0-155-mph-speed-run.html 

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/818031-remember-the-name-rr-racing-tune-results.html

Some very quick acceleration in the 1st vid!!

On 15/03/2016 at 5:18 PM, Peter G said:

I have the PPE Headers and Joez exhaust. Beautiful rumble sound and yes definitely faster. The headers brought it to life. It makes the factory ISF {which is brilliant} feel sedated. I wouldn't of believed it until i drove it. 

Do you mind telling where you got the PPE headers from.  Sorry didnt mean to hijack the tune thread but i noticed someone asked as well.  Recall reading Chatswood Lexus or maybe i have that mixed up with the exhaust.  Curious who can bring it in and price???

25 minutes ago, BLK ISF said:

Do you mind telling where you got the PPE headers from.  Sorry didnt mean to hijack the tune thread but i noticed someone asked as well.  Recall reading Chatswood Lexus or maybe i have that mixed up with the exhaust.  Curious who can bring it in and price???

Yes Chatswood Lexus offer drive in drive out with ceramic coated headers, price is around $3300-$3500 last time i checked. Affected by the current US$.

On 13/04/2016 at 4:26 PM, Sparky said:

Yes Chatswood Lexus offer drive in drive out with ceramic coated headers, price is around $3300-$3500 last time i checked. Affected by the current US$.

Damn, i was hoping it would cost less than the exhaust not near double.  Are there any good local headers or exhaust shops that sell them or would they be more show than go vs proven PPE?

4 hours ago, Sciflyer said:

Considering the PPEs can be had through Chatswood for around $1600 delivered thats a ridiculous price for labour.

Chatswood Lexus will only charge around $1000 for labor, so the other cost is for the headers, including the shipping cost and conversion rate. Last one they did was around the $3600 mark. Order online from here:

http://www.shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?route=product/category&path=43

Add the shipping cost (with polished ceramic coated, thats what Chatswood supply) then exchange from US dollars. Then add $1000 to fit.

Its expensive no matter how you crunch it.

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

Chatswood Lexus will only charge around $1000 for labor, so the other cost is for the headers, including the shipping cost and conversion rate. Last one they did was around the $3600 mark. Order online from here:

http://www.shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?route=product/category&path=43

Add the shipping cost (with polished ceramic coated, thats what Chatswood supply) then exchange from US dollars. Then add $1000 to fit.

Its expensive no matter how you crunch it.

Cheers for the link.  So its about 1.6k for the headers, about 1k to fit and the remaining 1k which equates to 3.6k is for shipping etc?

Pity a local exhaust shop hasnt put in the R&D to produce some headers (not a common car unlike the states so its understandable a workshop wouldnt waste their time).

I remember back in the day ordering a high quality s/steel headers from the states for my WRX.  Price, shipping, and fitted locally all for around 1k.  I had my hopes up the price would be closer to that vs 3.6k lol. 

Ah well, many here are saying it gives more gains the exhaust itself.  If true, guess ill have to get a set eventually :-)