ISF ECU tune , thought ?

Dcsrs200

Yeah the gains are pretty substantial, i would LOVE to have a set.. I had the chance about 6 months ago to buy a second hand set for $1600 and didnt do it. MASSIVE REGRET haha!

A big part of the gain comes from the removal of the primary cats after the factory manifolds, the engine breathes better and generally comes to life. 

My to do list:

-Headers

-LSD Diff

-Tune

Problem is the prices!

21 minutes ago, ISFBloke said:

doesn't that have the LSD diff? I thought it was the 08 only without it.

Diff came in 2010. Then 2011 saw more suspension changes & DRL's etc too.

25 minutes ago, ISFBloke said:

doesn't that have the LSD diff? I thought it was the 08 only without it.

Im sure the 2010 model onwards has it, not the 08 and 09.  Id love to get the LSD too but for the money i spent on my 08 6 months ago, ive already seen 2010 models with similar kms going for what i paid for my 08 which was a decent rrice at the time. 

Headers though, now thats a different story, just a shame they're so pricey

18 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Cheers for the link.  So its about 1.6k for the headers, about 1k to fit and the remaining 1k which equates to 3.6k is for shipping etc?

Pity a local exhaust shop hasnt put in the R&D to produce some headers (not a common car unlike the states so its understandable a workshop wouldnt waste their time).

I remember back in the day ordering a high quality s/steel headers from the states for my WRX.  Price, shipping, and fitted locally all for around 1k.  I had my hopes up the price would be closer to that vs 3.6k lol. 

Ah well, many here are saying it gives more gains the exhaust itself.  If true, guess ill have to get a set eventually :-)

Don't forget no matter today's prices we are talking about Lexus flagship vehicles not Subaru. It's a big job to fit them and if not done correctly you are in for endless headaches. You've got a premium vehicle you should get premium accessories and installed professionally otherwise you might be in for a world of pain. Just sayin ;) For argument's sake look at the competition ex M3 what do they cost for a similar upgrade?

27 minutes ago, ISFBloke said:

Don't forget no matter today's prices we are talking about Lexus flagship vehicles not Subaru. It's a big job to fit them and if not done correctly you are in for endless headaches. You've got a premium vehicle you should get premium accessories and installed professionally otherwise you might be in for a world of pain. Just sayin ;) For argument's sake look at the competition ex M3 what do they cost for a similar upgrade?

That $1600 mark for the headers is in US$. That's around 2057 in aud$ - and that's with the Aussie dollar going up to around 77c.

2057 +1000 install + 300 freight + 300 customs and duties gives you your 3600 price tag. Hope this clears it up for all. 👍😊

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BCHLER said:

That $1600 mark for the headers is in US$. That's around 2057 in aud$ - and that's with the Aussie dollar going up to around 77c.

2057 +1000 install + 300 freight + 300 customs and duties gives you your 3600 price tag. Hope this clears it up for all. 👍😊

Boom!! Spot on

7 hours ago, ISFBloke said:

Are you certain?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/42741/lexus-is-f-upgraded-whats-the-diff/

This article was written in 09 and a mate of mine had an 09 with the LSD.

first half of 09 didnt have LSD pretty much same spec with 2008

later half (after august) 2009 had LSD same spec as 2010

15 hours ago, BCHLER said:

The guys at Chatswood are more than fair when it comes to prices and services. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

• Like 1

Go headers! Won't regret it. Even though I got mine from Lexmania, I only really saved $1000-$500 compared to going via Lexus Chatswood.

Back on topic, I'm still not sold on ecu tune, even considering I have all the bolt ons & manifold/tb porting. I think there is a gain to be had, but not a lot. I think Lexus didn't leave much on the table. It did open the door for cam upgrades & forced induction for those that are game though.

Yeah , i guess i will wait for for supercharged as well . 

Anyway guy, i am tring to source an exhaust for my F however cant really find anything local . Anyone have spare one up for sale ?

thanks

the problem with Xforce is it seems to take foverer for them to restock . I have enquiried three time and each time they gave me diffirent estimated time for new stock ( lastest updated is August or Sep ) : D 

45 minutes ago, Dcsrs200 said:

the problem with Xforce is it seems to take foverer for them to restock . I have enquiried three time and each time they gave me diffirent estimated time for new stock ( lastest updated is August or Sep ) : D 

Yeah - Canberra distributor told me few weeks ago ETA is 2-3 months advised me ring back at end of May. Dammit there was set on eBay not long ago, not sure if they actually had stock but presumably they did cos the listing has gone.

After my initial Xforce issues, its been going great as of late.  No more fuse issues etc and the Xforce Varex is running great.

I was waiting from around late last yr and was given many ETA's but then their head office contacted me as i was on the wait list.

Apparently the IS350 and ISF systems are very similar (cant remember the exact differences) but i was given an option. 

I went to their head office and they made some slight modificaitons to the IS350 system  so it would suit my car without any compromise on performance etc.  They advised it would sound a bit better/louder but all i can say is once fitted, it sounds great.  No dyno numbers to prove anything but it definitely feels more free flowing to me etc and i was charged as per their website price.

Interestingly enough it was tested at 91db which took me by surprise because it definitely sounds louder than that vs being on near legal

If you are not sydney based, perhaps your nearest stockists could do a similar thing.

On 4/23/2016 at 7:19 PM, Monyx said:

Yeah - Canberra distributor told me few weeks ago ETA is 2-3 months advised me ring back at end of May. Dammit there was set on eBay not long ago, not sure if they actually had stock but presumably they did cos the listing has gone.

I've called those Ebay peeps when the listing was active and even then they had no stock the listing was there to take orders only.