Supercharged ISF

Vaku

start saving guys.. ;)

RR racing are killing it.. first with the tune, now a s/c kit is on the way..

it really only applies to USDM cars at the moment but im sure it will be available soon to all..

80-image_9c5ee1c5113d69b5eb99964cd8c098c

80-13237706_1220067838026519_79389126168

80-13256448_1220067884693181_71377262888

teaser vid :

ohh...

80-screenshot_20160523_061850_c705cf8e20

" We have some more video footage from later in the day yesterday.... at 6pm they opened up the entire oval, so we were able to get about 8 full laps in at top speed, hit nearly 170mph on the straights!

At one point I had a few Z06 race cars behind me. They were much faster in the turns because they were running slicks (and also I was afraid of hitting the wall at 140mph+smile.gif So I am exiting the turn and give them the point-by all while mashing my foot on the gas... and the ISF just pulled away on the straight. Still running only 3.2psi peak boostsmile.gif

Anyway, so this was the first track test of our new SC. Track testing is critical to test the reliability of the SC drive system, and it was flawless all day. 

We will post more details soon, and of course dyno results as we continue fine tuning the car.

We are getting a lot of questions about pricing. The kit will not be cheap. Rotrex c38 based supercharger kits for the e92 M3 run anywhere from $8000-$14000. Our kit will be around $8k, and we will try to keep it below that if possible.

Rafi "

3 hours ago, ISFBloke said:

While its exciting I am not sure I would make those sort of modifications to my car.

I was thinking the same.  Dont get me wrong, bang for your bucks, a supercharger would add great power and its running low boost too so huge potential but it looks very aftermarket.  Ive seen other supercharger setups like Harrop etc on other engines and it looks very factory/neater if that makes sense.

• Like 1

The supercharger does sound good.  but, too much modifications, and far too bling.  It’s only 3.2 psi why are the pipes so large?   But if you had a track or drag ISF only, it would be fun.

$8k USD for a messy inefficient centrifugal s/c install running only 3 pounds boost? Yeah no thanks.

ill give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's still early days but when s/c kits for the likes of the Toyota 86 (which runs higher static CR than this engine does) are superior twin screw blowers pushing 3x the boost for the same price, i think there's considerably more development to be done.

[edit] For a more relevant comparison, the new Mustang has barely been released in AU and already there is a twin turbo kit in development (which is specific to RHD cars so its not just a US copy) which will be running 10-15psi (98/E85 fuel). Estimates of 450-600rwkw. Similar spec engine to the IS F - 5L V8, 11:1 CR

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=475487125985099&id=266306216903192

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

ooooo... :)

We are excited to announced that after 6 months of testing, 5 track days, desert testing, and 7000+ miles of punishment and tuning are finally ready to release our ISFSupercharger kit!

Pricing: Base "RR625" kit priced at $9950. Introductory price will be $9500. As we promised everyone who purchased our tuning products, you will be able to apply $600 credit for the purchase price of the tune towards the SC kit.

Availability: We will be ready to ship kits end of October, 2016. HOWEVER, we would like to do 1-2 local installs in order to finalize the installation instructions. Please contact us if you are interested in a local install in October, installation will be free.

Specifications:

• Power: Base "RR625" kit makes 528whp and 480wtq (Dynojet SAE) at approx 7psi peak boost pressure, 93 pump gas, equipped with standard PPE headers and RR Racing Bazooka dual exhaust.
  • Tuned ECU: We have logged countless development ours perfecting our ECU tune for the ISF for ultimate reliability and driveability. No piggybacks or other BS!
  • Supercharger: Rotrex Supercharger, c38-91 (largest Rotrex SC). Rotrex SC's are extremely efficient and quiet due to their planetary drive system which spinsup to 90,000 rpm, much like a turbocharger.
  • Dry Sump SC oiling system with Oil Cooler: Our kit comes complete with an autonomous dry sump SC oiling system complete with oil cooler.
  • Dedicated Drive System: Rather than using the accessory belt to drive the SC, we designed a dedicated drive system that allows us to achieve the necessary belt tension for a reliable SC drive, without overstressing the alternator, water pump, and AC bearings.
  • Custom Harmonic Crank Damper: There are some overpriced Japanese SC's on the market for the ISF/RCF that eliminate the factory harmonic damper crank pulley and replace it with a simple machined aluminum pulley. We find this simply unacceptable! Working in conjunction with ATI Performance, we developed a custom tuned harmonic damper than drives the SC belt. The ATI damper has been specially developed to dampen the harmonics of the 2UR-GSE engine at high horsepower levels for the ultimate in engine reliability.
  • Billet Tensioner System: Most SC kits on the market use OEM belt tensioners, but we took that a step further by developing a billet belt tensioner that is both more reliable and is able to apply significantly higher belt tension than conventional off the shelf tensioners. For added reliability we use Gates Racing Kevlar drive belts and our own doube bearing billet idler pulleys.
  • Dual "Big Bubba" billet blow off Valves: We use not one, but TWO Turbosmart "Big Bubba" 2" blow off valves. Adequate venting is essential for SC responsiveness, reliability, and drivability.
  • Custom Air/Air Intercooler: We use a large 4.5"x12"x10" intercooler core. These intercoolers are extremely high quality and are manufactured for us in the USA by Bell Intercoolers.
  • Genuine Carbon Fiber Intake Tubing: All visible intake tubing is made from genuine twill weave carbon fiber for an amazing look and function!

80-sc_top_f127085481bbc5bb2a63a78cf609c5

80-sc_side_a221712eecce1a12b5578be643c98

80-isf_sc_full_481152104633dd62cbd16ce73

80-tensioner_8729070c04dc7c84594af1828dd

80-damper_c659418a1b7dade2e72f3077b30539

$9950.oo US dollars for the kit..   My RR Racing USRS bushes & there air/oil separator cost me $103.oo US dollars just for postage.  What would the postage cost be for the supercharger kit??

Then the installation costs $$$.  There would be a lot of modifications needed, & the radar cruise control looks like it is removed.  Correct me if I’m wrong, that would have to be around $17,000.oo to $20,000.oo AU dollars installed.

That been said, I would like a drive..

ISF models in the States didn't come with PCS standard and it was an option. They probably used a non pcs base. Still it appears that you need to remove PCS unit for the intake tubing to fit. No PCS on Audm cars shouldn't throw any errors but Cruise Control won't work and will show an error of you try.

LTuned yes quite an expensive kit, but as rightly defended by Rafi @ RR the ISF is quite a rare car to really develop for (compared to the usual suspects) il put his quote below.

Having said that I still wouldnt risk or spend that much on any single mod but damn, its very impressive and would love to see it in person one day!

also need to ditch 1x fog ontop of the PCS/Radar etc!

further info :

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-vendor-products-for-is-f/836399-rr-racing-isf-supercharger-kit-release-announcement.html#post9644478

Originally Posted by jspecvtec View Post
Dang very nice kit but wish it was 8k and not 10k ;p

We could have gotten the price to around $8k if we cut a lot of corners, but then it would be half-ass -- we will leave that to otherssmile.gif

I know that the price tag seems high, but consider that it is very competitively priced compared to similar kits for BMW M3's for example... and also keep in mind that the ISF is a very rare car, and we put huge resources into development and testing.

There are lots of guys modifying Subaru's and EVO's and while that may seem to be less costly, in reality it is more costly because at high power levels those cars are ticking timebombs. The reality is that most engine builds, assuming they are done right (which is often NOT the case) will cost more. I am very confidant that even a high mileage ISF making 500+whp with our kit is much more reliable in every way compared to an STi or EVO with similar power -- and in another league of reliability compared to a supercharged E92 M3smile.gif

-Rafi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Another ran a 11.30@127, not long after the kit he had engine failure and lost some compression. Was too much for the high mileage ISF. I was talking to Rafi about purchasing just the mounting/hardware kit off him so save weight in shipping as the SC unit can be purchased locally and the fmic can also be fabbed up locally for cheaper. I put the figures together and it added up around 10,000-10500AUD including all parts and fitted. Touch up on my tune would also be required but that would only be a couple hundred. Since then ive researched and decided to do a rear mount single turbo with a precision 6766, there is ample room under the rear. This turbo will be efficent/responsive enough to run half a bar or a little more no worries, will run its own oil setup in the rear to save running lines to the front, either pwr air to air fmic will be fabbed up or water to air.... not sure yet. Will also just do a simple fuel system intank pump upgrade and all together it should produce around 550rwhp quite comfortably.

If further tuning is required or I want to shift to the e85 life I have already had a custom plug and play loom made utilizing a haltech elite so i can in future run a flex sensor.

Have purchased some of the main pieces to the puzzle already but will be moving forward after tax time.

35 minutes ago, 18ADF said:

Another ran a 11.30@127, not long after the kit he had engine failure and lost some compression. Was too much for the high mileage ISF. I was talking to Rafi about purchasing just the mounting/hardware kit off him so save weight in shipping as the SC unit can be purchased locally and the fmic can also be fabbed up locally for cheaper. I put the figures together and it added up around 10,000-10500AUD including all parts and fitted. Touch up on my tune would also be required but that would only be a couple hundred. Since then ive researched and decided to do a rear mount single turbo with a precision 6766, there is ample room under the rear. This turbo will be efficent/responsive enough to run half a bar or a little more no worries, will run its own oil setup in the rear to save running lines to the front, either pwr air to air fmic will be fabbed up or water to air.... not sure yet. Will also just do a simple fuel system intank pump upgrade and all together it should produce around 550rwhp quite comfortably.

If further tuning is required or I want to shift to the e85 life I have already had a custom plug and play loom made utilizing a haltech elite so i can in future run a flex sensor.

Have purchased some of the main pieces to the puzzle already but will be moving forward after tax time.

Oh my god.. Please keep us all updated!

18ADF, very curious to see how your setup turns out.  Theyre not exactly a common car here and the ones i see are usually stock or got the usual boltons that i could tell.  Would be great to see something beyond this like many have in the states.

Seen a video a while ago with a similar approach for the turbo.  Cant find the video but this one has a similar rear mount 

Pretty much researched and followed these setups to death, I find the us guys turbo kits a bit half assed. More about the efame for them over there 

• 5 months later...
On 24/05/2016 at 9:24 PM, BLK ISF said:

I was thinking the same.  Dont get me wrong, bang for your bucks, a supercharger would add great power and its running low boost too so huge potential but it looks very aftermarket.  Ive seen other supercharger setups like Harrop etc on other engines and it looks very factory/neater if that makes sense.

doing headers exhaust intake tune once done am going to considering nos compared to supercharger the shot of nos for track runs will be good fun