New member looking for MY12+ISF

JVCROCOP

Hello ISF owners,

Been a fan of Lexus for quite some time, its time to pull the trigger and get my itch scratched, Don't want local built ie: Falcon or Commodore, don't want european ie: BMW, Mercedes, Audi. So with all the reading and talking to my mechanic who looked after my Skyline Ive decided to stick to Japanese tech and build and am now looking for an ISF. Im hoping to pick up a stock My12+, i drove a My08 and was sold from the moment i hit the road. Have found two on Carsales, one black and one silver, problem I have is the "lady" wants like all previous cars a black one, so my market is very limited. Would appreciate input. Thanks 

General consensus on these forums is that you indeed do pick up an MY11+ model for the updated suspensions, LSD, cluster, headlights.

If you have the money to go a step further I would recommend the MY13+ which has the updated navigation system including bluetooth music streaming and HDD based nav which is WAY quicker than the CD based of MY12 and down.

A good example would be this one here.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Lexus-IS-F-2012/SSE-AD-4095002/?Cr=3

You wanted stock but for what the car is that one is exceptional value. If all else fails you could part it out and swap it for stock parts with members on the forum as there are always people wanting mods for the ISF.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Lexus-IS-F-2012/SSE-AD-3952614/?Cr=5

This example here is NOT an MY13 (You can tell by the Navigation unit interface and the buttons on the side and bottom). MY13+ has 3 buttons on the bottom and MY12 and down have 4 buttons as well as the telephone icon as opposed to the DISP icon on others.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Lexus-IS-F-2013/OAG-AD-12918706/?Cr=1

This is also an MY13 but located in WA

Thanks Plankton007, I offered the guy in Adelaide $62000 and noted it was a MY12 model, didn't counter offer and wasn't too happy i advised of its year build, was i naive in offering that amount ?

There's not much difference in MY12 models and MY11 models except the slight headlight upgrade.

The LED drls on the MY12 models are slightly whiter than MY11 models and also have a different internal blackout.

Other than that there's no difference so I would just go for a cheaper MY11 model.

I think 62 for that SA one is ok but everyone wants a bargain in their purchases. In the end, as you may know, it's what you're happy to pay for the car and what the seller's happy to let it go for.

If I were in your shoes I'd still go for that MY13 ISF in QLD.

You could part out the mods yourself and make some profits potentially bringing the car purchase price down lower.

I'll take that white interior off you if you're willing to take my black F Sport interior haha

I'm sure there are people willing to swap your whites for their blacks.

It's a really good deal for a my13

You really won't regret it.

I can also guarantee you'll make money converting that car back to stock.

Even if you don't you'll have a tastefully modded car that's not too over the top.

Peterkay, how serious are you regarding the swapping the seats, I've  initiated contact with the owner and I'll definitely look to change the white seats, thanks 

Hey buddy, 

If you are serious,  then so am i. Naturally we would both want to be satisfied with the condition of leather. 

i live on the northern end of the gold coast just south of Movie World. You ? ? ?  

Congrats on the purchase of your new beast. You`ll love it for sure as we all do. Be sure to give the exhaust and engine a little clean as you drive back from QLD :yes: 

just keep an eye of the photo snappers :wink3: 

Keep me posted if you are still thinking of the seats.

On 8 July 2016 at 8:23 PM, JVCROCOP said:

Ill be picking the car up Monday 18th then driving back to Canberra, looking forward to the open road and some twisties.

Thanks

Nice car - if you're ever crusing around Canberra I'd love to hear what the exhaust is like in the cabin, I'm thinking about the X-force cutback system, but wife doesn't want any resonance/boom in the car on trips. (I know it's not x-force on your car - just not seen many modded ISF in Canberra)

On 08/07/2016 at 4:07 PM, JVCROCOP said:

Plankton,

Appreciate your advice, I have now purchased the QLD one you suggested.

ill try and be active within the ISF community.

thanks

Congrats, welcome another ISF owner :wink3:

Monyx, 

Hey i have to x/force cat back system & there is NO drone at all yet the sound is awesome. If you are not sure speak to Dean at x/force head office in Sydney. The other bonus is 5YR warranty. 

Maybe you should meet up with Vaku sometime when possible & hear his, I know it is easy for us to say we love the sound and to appreciate it you need to hear it 

for yourself. Me myself being on the Gold Coast i took the punt after speaking to Dean at head office. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Peter.K

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Throttle-Controller-Sprint-Booster-For-Lexus-RX-Hybird-IS250-IS350-CT200H-ISF-/181756954338?hash=item2a518f06e2:g:Hp8AAOSwLnBXXhe2

Check out this throttle controller. Nice & simple mod.

Okay Dilemma

After initial talks with Paul and Peter, Lexus will not honour the warranty on Seats that have been swapped out of the registered VIN of the vehicle. This leaves two options, swap out with a vehicle owner out of the warranty period or buying new ones from Lexus, Option Two , as I'm sure owners would know is overly expensive and not really an option. The seats are the same across the 2011 - 2013 range. So putting it out there, any owners with their ISF out of warranty and within the date range that would like to swap out their Black seats for white seats, send message here.

Thanks

Can finally say, I'm now a proud owner of an ISF, can't wipe the smile off my face. It's truly a drivers car. Thanks for the input guys and I'll get some pics up soon.

• Like 1