Does 16-18 L/100 sound about right for the trip avg displayed on the dash when daily driving around the inner suburbs/city? ...no sport mode, just normal get from A to B.

I know the 350 F is meant to consume fuel but that seems a bit high :-/

Just wondering if there's anything that could be causing the high consumption... I can get the dealer to check now while its under stat warranty. Car has 57k on the clock.

seems pretty high to me,but everyone drives different. i do a majority of driving in traffic and im sitting on 10.8

even my previous sports car (twin turbo 3L 6) never went that high...

When it got serviced in June, Lexus said that it was normal for a 350 F to consume around that figure.... its a 2011 model and doesnt have the stop/start fuel saver thing.

Anyone else with a 2010-2012 model who can confirm the consumption?

I haven't taken it back to them yet, first waiting on some answers here to know if its unusual.

EDIT: Reading some articles on the net it should be around 10L/100...I'm calling them on Monday, definitely not right.

mines a late 2010 build is350 f-sport which mainly gets driven in peak hour traffic, and once again, i average 10.8L/100km

the figures you are quoting are literally 5L V8 type consumption, no way should a 3.5 V6 ever consume that much, whoever you took it to is just talking nonsense, either take it back to them and see a different person, or take it to a different dealer all together

you could even go to the used car section, and i can most likely gaurantee this, hop in every IS350 they have and just flick thru to the average fuel consumption menu, none of them will have a figure that high

just to recap for you, ive had many high performance turbo cars in the past, and none of them have had a fuel consumption figure that high!

• Like 1

Ok thanks....I'm definitely taking it up with them tomorrow. Its Melb city Lexus, they've held a good rep from what I can tell so far, lets see what they say/do about it.

I've had a few performance cars too and none have consumed this much. Even when I had one tuned on 107 octane ethanol only, it didn't daily this high.

They better fix this now.

Service lad try telling me its normal again and that it takes a few months for the consumption to reset... took me for a fool here, I've been testing by resetting it. Anyway I'm going past to get it plugged in for a diagnostic tomorrow, this will only show if there's any electrical issues though.

im getting 12-13Lout of my convertible and thats the same with engine with a heavier body and i thrash mine alot too

your figures are definately out of whack

there could be many causes to this

can i get some more info on your car?

you can pm me the details if you like

ie how many KMS

last service

who serviced it etc

built date

anything

Today Melb City did a full reset on the electronics, including resetting the gearbox into learning mode (like driving it out for the first time). The drive back home, I got 10.1L/100. First time ever saw this go under 13 haha.

So Im guessing it needed a reset. Will monitor over the next few days but this looks promising.

Yeh looked way too high for me.

My ISF does about 16L/100 when I stepped on the gas a fair bit, usually around 14L/100 just standard driving though.

Only just recently got mine but the previous owner averaged about 14 over the life of the vehicle, I'm guessing they drove it very very slowly on standard auto mode all the time.

I'm thinking of getting mine reset to go into learning mode as well. 

• Like 1

whats the best way to do the learning reset for the IS350. i know for most cars you could just disconnect the battery for a bit...

• 3 weeks later...