lexus isf rev drops too low to 500rpm

hhao

Was going to ask the same thing.  Any kind of idle surge, fluctuations in your revs vs dropping to 500 and remaining constant.  Possible vacuum leak?

On my old WRX, i had idle surge, ended up being a blown head gasket but im sure no such thing would happen to such a new ISF.

i went to dealer for normal service yesterday, and have this issue checked.

mechanic cleaned the throttle , there were some carbon stuck there, now the idle revs comes to 600 rpm, everything is fine:wink3:  

by the way, mechanic explained that maybe my car had been sit in my car park for too long to have the carbon built up.

12 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Was going to ask the same thing.  Any kind of idle surge, fluctuations in your revs vs dropping to 500 and remaining constant.  Possible vacuum leak?

On my old WRX, i had idle surge, ended up being a blown head gasket but im sure no such thing would happen to such a new ISF.

mine is just remaining in 500rpm

On 2016/9/12 at 7:57 AM, Sparky said:

I think mine sits around 600 with no air con on.. Does it sound rough / rough idle at all? Any shaking through the car?

Lucky man / lady by the way, 2014 model :yahoo:

no shaking, have the car checked, problem cause by carbon built in throttle, everyhing is all good now.   im a man by the way

• 4 weeks later...

This is standard for the ISF it seems, it is not a fault. I suspect it may be for fuel economy/emissions reasons, to set the idle rpm as low as possible. I agree, in reality it is too low and a bit annoying but you can overcome it by turning on any source of electrical drain such as headlights/sidelights, window demister, A/C, etc...  or put it in Neutral :)

Have a look on utube most idle at 700 mine sits at 700, if it isn't a problem don't worry go out and flog the date out of it.This is good advice trust me i am a mechanic cheers.

• 3 weeks later...