RR Racing - Air / Oil separator and USRS - Installed!

Sparky

So i have installed the parts now and wanted to give some feedback:

Air / Oil separator - I installed this myself, and anyone who can turn a wrench will have no issues, I did it in 20 mins with the suit on at work!! I felt that the car was sometimes unresponsive and not making full power on the hot days, and i couldnt figure out why. Then I found this thread:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/788176-anyone-have-experience-with-the-rr-racing-air-oil-separator.html

Long story short, its made a huge difference. There is small buildup of oil in the separator now from just driving around Sydney, and power is ALWAYS on tap now, behaves how it should at all times. I have a track day coming up in Nov and will be interesting to see how much residue is in the canister after the day!

USRS Bushes - Chatswood Lexus popped these in for me last week, and i wanted to give it a few days before commenting, and wow what a difference.. A lot more info can be found here:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/789959-just-installed-the-ultimate-steering-response-system-usrs-from-rr-racing.html

It has turned the car into a go cart, what the hell? All the steering inputs are so enhanced, and there is no squirming either under brakes or on turn in. There is absolutely no noise, and being an 09 ISF the ride was pretty damn harsh already so i dont notice any extra chatter / noise from the road. I personally dont think it detracts from the ride at all. And even if it did, this mod has such huge impact on the handling you wouldnt care. Its as much of a must have as the tune in my opinion.

Let me know any questions.. Im just quietly frothing on the ISF here haha!! Cant wait for the track day!!

They both sound fantastic Sparky.   I ordered the RR Racing, air/oil separator & there USRS bushes on the weekend.   It will be good to get them installed, once they turn up.   I have only heard good things about them.

Damn you and your informative reviews Sparky.  You told me about Sonny and his maniford mod so i did that.  Now you mention these parts so ill be forced to buy them.  Just dont mention youre getting it supercharged otherwise i may follow as well haha.

Its basically a catch can right?  Read a bit of that thread in the link you provided, surprised how much oil can build up without it so small investment really.

As LTuned mentioned, the bushes sounds like a good mod too.  I am a bit weary of my ride so you believe on yours it didnt too much uncomfortableness in terms of bumps etc?

Did you guys order straight from RR or is there a local seller who already has stock of these parts?

Ps Curious, what colour hoses did you get.  Noticed 1/2 into the thread many were going blue.  I like the stealth look but as they are small, i thought blue might be ok. 

Haha, if only i made commissions! 

I would love to get it supercharged, i was contemplating asking Sonny how much such a package would be. Not for me right now, but probably in the future. Would be interesting..

Yes a catch can, that is very high quality and very easy to empty / service. I agree, i look to hold the car for another few years at least and give it a bit of a hard time, so worth the investment i think.

I dint notice anything harsher in the ride at all, i was slightly worried. I have an 09 that i have upgraded to Bilstein shocks (same bloody price as coilovers retail) and its much more comfortable day to day. I didnt want to detract from ride and am very happy, i dont notice any difference and am in the car a lot.

There was a group buy recently and i got them in there, with the A/O separator. for a slight discount on all.

Haha, yeah the hoses, i opened the packet and said the same thig "aahhhh the hoses.." forgot to ask for black! It actually looks fine though, dont mind the blue at all. The separator itself stands out like dogs balls so its ok haha!

Pretty happy where i am now, all i want for xmas is an LSD centre for the diff and then im happy haha! Very hard to find second had, and for $5k part cost from Lexus im happy to wait. Or supercharge. HA! :yahoo:

BLK ISF, yes I ordered them both from the RR Racing web site, they take PayPal which was easy.   now I just have to wait for them to turn up.    It has blue pipes in there picture of the air/oil separator.   I would have liked black as well.

6 hours ago, 2bling said:

LTuned how much for each and postage cheers.

As LTuned has mentioned, easiest to check via their site but if you are based in Syndey, make sure youre sitting down when you get a reply regarding postage costs lol.......OUCH!!!

Thanks yes i know about USA postage strange we can get things posted from china so cheap,( must be our fearless leaders ) just thought you would let people know how much without going to the site and doing $ conversions cheers.

2 hours ago, 2bling said:

Thanks yes i know about USA postage strange we can get things posted from china so cheap,( must be our fearless leaders ) just thought you would let people know how much without going to the site and doing $ conversions cheers.

well mine was about $104 US to post to Sydney.  wait for the dollar to increase before placing an order lol.  UPS tracking or something like that, cant remember top of my head but yeah not cheap.  

I took the bushes through a particularly punishing windy track on the weekend, and also a 2 hr drive up the coast. I can confirm they make a huge difference.

Funnily enough, the car is now a lot more stable at higher speeds (freeway). I find it doesn't bump steer or tramline over road imperfections anymore, and you dont have to add any corrections to the steering anymore. Not that it was bad before, its just noticeably better now.

Then on the real twistys on the brakes and accelerator, its much more confidence inspiring.

I am very happy!

Had mine installed today.

The steering wheel is where it should be at all times without surprising you by going off by itself like it did on standard bushings sometimes.

I hardly feel any dead spots in the steering especially during initial turn ins and no brake deflections.

100% worth.

I've been running the RR bushings for a few months now and as you said the front end is much more responsive now, I did have some noise coming through but its now completely gone. Done a couple of track days and the car is also noticeably more stable under heavy high speed braking. Time to do the ECU and perhaps the PPE dual mode exhaust.

Just drove home after having the RR Racing USRS bushes & there air/oil separator installed, the steering feels better and there is no noise.  I’m happy.

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

That's how I got mine, we tried and tried but we could only rustle up two of us who wanted to get the group buy haha! 

I was late to the forums otherwise I would of been in for sure vs paying the astronomical postal charges I did 😢

Ps let me know when you do a group buy for a supercharger kit haha

1 hour ago, BLK ISF said:

I was late to the forums otherwise I would of been in for sure vs paying the astronomical postal charges I did 😢

Ps let me know when you do a group buy for a supercharger kit haha

Haha!!!!

I really want to see a much more "stealth" supercharger kit, that one from RR Racing while brilliantly engineered is a bloody cop magnet..

Something more like this from someone like Harrop would open my wallet:

No one would even know if they weren't looking for it.

22 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Haha!!!!

I really want to see a much more "stealth" supercharger kit, that one from RR Racing while brilliantly engineered is a bloody cop magnet..

Something more like this from someone like Harrop would open my wallet:

No one would even know if they weren't looking for it.

Agreed. The newer carbon looking release is more stealth than their earlier versions but still stands out like crazy.

Saw a video of a twin turbo setup, now that looked very stealth.no idea of performance increases though.

3 hours ago, plankton007 said:

It's funny how everyone comes out AFTER the group buy asking for another group buy hahaha

We waited 3 weeks for anyone to come forward but to no avail.

I dont find it funny, i paid crazy postal charges because i only just joined this forum haha.  Ah well ill be watching for next time :-)

1 hour ago, plankton007 said:

Can't really help it to be honest.

These forums are pretty dead

Sad but true.  Just not a common car.  I used to be on Rexnet when i had my WRX, was very busy on there as you can imagine.  Rexies are everywhere lol.  I look on the US ISF forums a bit, alot of activity there but given the prices those guys pay for parts, tunes etc why not.  Even after conversion, its so much cheaper there vs here unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive had mine oil/air seperator on for about a month now and the indicator has barely moved.  Maybe im just not driving the car hard enough lol.

Read a few guys in the states with similar issues???

Anyone else have similar issues with theirs?

The oil will only be pulled out / separated under hard cornering / acceleration, most notably under high heat when the oil partially vaporises and enters the intake.

I give my car a pretty hard time, and there is a small amount in there, nothing huge. But every 1mm in through that intake is a bad thing.. Will be interesting to see how much is in there after a belting on the track!

Sounds like its working fine, just keep in mind when you took the hose off to connect the separator, that oil was there. If you take the host off and look again, there should be nothing there.