RR Racing - Air / Oil separator and USRS - Installed!

Sparky

Fair point, i should remove the hose and im sure it will be clean unlike before fitting it.

Im sure your track visit will make a difference.  I saw some pics of guys in the states, after 30 min on the track a bottle was 1/4 full.

Cannot see any in mine yet,   but I haven’t driven much.   I’m sure there will be some in it at the track, and the hot weather is coming. 

I like the RR bushes, much more feed back to the steering wheel.

• 3 months later...

An update on this is that after the track day (forgot to update!) there was enough in there to fill maybe 15-20% of the cannister. It doesn't sound like much, but i certainly prefer the oil not going through my engine!

Ive had mine installed for a while now, more than 6 months im sure and ive hardly seen it move.  Then again i dont track it and i probably drive like a grandpa compared to some lol.

It’s much better to catch the oil.   Mine still looks empty, but I haven’t driven much.  I’ll be testing mine at the track when it cools down a bit.

7 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Ive had mine installed for a while now, more than 6 months im sure and ive hardly seen it move.  Then again i dont track it and i probably drive like a grandpa compared to some lol.

Haha, dont be shy, stretch out that right ankle! The ISF loves it!

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Looks great, now go tune it and have your mind blown!

Already done that . Made 20 extra kilowatt at the wheels and plenty more torque. 

14 hours ago, OzzyISF said:

Already done that . Made 20 extra kilowatt at the wheels and plenty more torque. 

Saw the video on FB.........nice :-).  The tune seems on the money given yourself, Sparky and me appear to have similar mods and produced similar power.  The other ISF that produced 15-20 more than us had headers.  Would love to see a supercharged one on the dyno but cant see anyone going that hardcore anytime soon.

From memory a tuned RCF with exhaust, filter and other basic boltons was about our power range as well which i thought would be more surprisingly.

Ps  Checked my oil/air seperator yesterday and still appears that the little indicator has barely moved, if at all.  Not complaining, just peace of mind that for my level of street use, its not an issue at all and its doing its job.

On a side note, what fuel were you using during the tune.  Sonny mentioned to a few others that Caltex was the best.  I had 2 tunes over a week period given his laptop was playing up but on the 2nd occasion i had Caltex and that combined with a few other factors, gave me a better result.  How much of was contributed to the fuel, im not sure though.

Just had another look at Sonny facebook page dyno video of the ISF, dated 3rd May.  I don’t think it was OzzyISF, as he has the silver engine cover, an Injen intake, & from OzzyISF post, was carried out on the 30 March.  I’d guess it’s a my11 or above with the black engine cover and lights.   2bling advised that he was getting the tune from Sonny around that date.  it might be 2bling.   If it was, what do you think of the tune?

31 minutes ago, LTuned said:

Just had another look at Sonny facebook page dyno video of the ISF, dated 3rd May.  I don’t think it was OzzyISF, as he has the silver engine cover, an Injen intake, & from OzzyISF post, was carried out on the 30 March.  I’d guess it’s a my11 or above with the black engine cover and lights.   2bling advised that he was getting the tune from Sonny around that date.  it might be 2bling.   If it was, what do you think of the tune?

lol youre probably right, all these Black ISF's, it does get confusing.  I initially tried to get the blue, that would of stood out :-)

Tune looks on point.  Im sure given most ISF's have a intake, exhaust etc, he could almost have a generic map he could apply although i know he treats each tune uniquely.  Id really like to see what other tuners can do with the ISF.  Im sure they are capable of more, even without a supercharger etc.  Some of the numbers he gets from high end Aldi's and HSV's etc is crazy at 400+

8 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Saw the video on FB.........nice :-).  The tune seems on the money given yourself, Sparky and me appear to have similar mods and produced similar power.  The other ISF that produced 15-20 more than us had headers.  Would love to see a supercharged one on the dyno but cant see anyone going that hardcore anytime soon.

From memory a tuned RCF with exhaust, filter and other basic boltons was about our power range as well which i thought would be more surprisingly.

Ps  Checked my oil/air seperator yesterday and still appears that the little indicator has barely moved, if at all.  Not complaining, just peace of mind that for my level of street use, its not an issue at all and its doing its job.

On a side note, what fuel were you using during the tune.  Sonny mentioned to a few others that Caltex was the best.  I had 2 tunes over a week period given his laptop was playing up but on the 2nd occasion i had Caltex and that combined with a few other factors, gave me a better result.  How much of was contributed to the fuel, im not sure though.

Caltex 98 on the day , sonny reckons it's a low reading due my exhaust cross piece isn't the same length from both headers . He thought it should have been over 270kw . Headers are next on the list , but first swift springs going on tomorrow  , then find a set of wheels . 

15 hours ago, OzzyISF said:

Caltex 98 on the day , sonny reckons it's a low reading due my exhaust cross piece isn't the same length from both headers . He thought it should have been over 270kw . Headers are next on the list , but first swift springs going on tomorrow  , then find a set of wheels . 

Sorry i thought yours was over 270.  271 or something like that.  I think i might have got yours confused with another ISF, as the latest one Sonny posted on his FB page, im sure was 270ish.  270 seems to be the magic number give or take a few kws for an intake, catback, cat exit expansion and tune.  Only seen LTuned with alot more due to his headers but he assures me, he is fitting a supercharger next week and is aiming for 350 @ the wheels lol (sitting back with popcorn waiting for his reply haha).

Ps if you find bargain performance headers, please let me know.

• Like 2

A supercharger would be nice.  but was that before or after I bore the motor out to 5.6 litres, like the LC at SEMA 2016.

Sadly no, at this time.

I was using a mix of Shell 98 & BP 98 when Sonny dynoed mine.  I use Caltex 98 now.

• 2 months later...

I went to a track day at Eastern Creek in the ISF,  tested out the RR Racing usrs bushes, & there air/oil separator.    the usrs bushes work well, & made the steering feel much better.   the air oil separator also worked a treat, it was over ½ full twice on the day, & it stopped all that oil going through the motor.      It was a good day.     here are 2 laps.