'Ceramic' Paint Protection

Have any other owners had this ceramic paint protection put on their ISF's? I'm tired of swirl marks getting into the relatively soft clearcoat we have so this weekend am having a full polish and getting Gyeon MOHS+ paint protection put on. Does the paint protection keep yours clean, or help the water escape from the dead spot at the top of the bonnet?

I recommend Justin at Definition Car Detailing.

He's done my car and all our family cars and does a really good job.

Did mine just under a year ago and it's still great (even in the crazy Australian heat).

Check him out on his facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/definitiondetailing/

Ive been considering this for months now.  First black car so enough said.  At a distance its great but up close, hard to avoid those swirls.  Did polish it myself about 6 months ago, came up great but assuming its the way i wash it as marks have come back.  Then again i polished it but never added the paint protection which is the key to keeping it gloss.

Seen Opticoat, Nano quartz and various others.  When ive spoken to a few detailers, some say 6 months protection, others several years, etc so there is a bit of conflicting info out there.

Ive also read good things about Definition Car detailing and Western Sydney Detailing who have posted up some great results as well and helpful with their quote.  They even remove the wheels and add the paint protection to the calipers etc.

About 1k seems to be the going rate in Sydney, is that what everyone is paying???

I am very close to pulling the trigger on the Opticoat too.. 

Thinking full body, and also rims and brake callipers, then cleaning the whole car is as easy as a spray of a hose. The hydrophobic coat makes everything just fly off. And the new coating last years, not months, many years.. 

The detailer is a client, and i have seen his car which was done a few years back, still brilliant, we poured cups of water over it, all the dust / dirt came off and the water didn't stick to the car at all. 

He s also going to paint the callipers as below, i have the gun metal grey paint, i reckon it looks awesome!!

orange callipers.jpg

Update. Car is going in tonight and should be ready tuesday. Full exterior paint polish and 2-layer Gyeon protection. Wheels and wheel wells are also getting polished and treated so they should hose off clean and look new.

These coatings are very hydrophobic and feel like glass for its length. The Gyeon q2 MOHS+ that's going on mine is the top of the line stuff and has a projected lifetime of 5 years, longer if cared for properly. I'm keen to post some before/after photos next week! :)

Paint is still being polished and the black is coming out with a deep mirror shine :) I'm pretty sure the detailer is removing the orange peel mine was plagued with. 

Car wasn't polished to the quality I requested, in the sun its still swirl city. The detailer also trapped some water spots under the sealant. Add to that, he didnt apply the glossy curing layer so it looks more dull than my worst wax job. Lots of other gripes but taking it to a shop on Tuesday to get a new quote.

my protection was $900 id say worth the money got it on all my cars atm

i learned that detailing with cars you get what you pay for

DSC_2127_zpsc3b71e8b.jpg

20150203_163541_zpsldb49sti.jpg

Justin from Definition detailing has done my cars

13 hours ago, banserki said:

Entirely unhappy with the job. Getting it looked at by another Gyeon certified detailer in the week. Sorry, lads.

Sorry to hear.  Sounds like they didnt get anything right.  End of the day i know detailers use various methods but you'd expect the basics to be done.   i.e. Swirls removed.  Id be annoyed if the end result was something below par vs what i could do myself :-(

Hope the new detailer can deliver the results youre paying for.

Ive been quoted 900-1100 from a few different detailers, guess thats the going rate.

Cquartz UK on my ISF, it's not too bad.  You will still need to wash properly to avoid swirls, I use a foam lance then two-bucket method.

Heres an example shot after I spent 8 weeks (on/off wet sanding, jewelling and finally ceramic coating).  Looks mint !

IMG_6554.JPG

IMG_6470.MOV (video walk around)

IMG_6543.JPG

On 2/17/2017 at 3:06 PM, Sparky said:

Wow, thats impressive! Is it hydrophobic? 

Yep, it's hydrophobic.

Justin from DCD is seriously good (not trying to be a salesman or anything)

https://www.facebook.com/definitiondetailing/

He's got a new product in called Defend for the interior and I plan to get that soon.

KakaoTalk_20170302_105116037.jpg

• 2 years later...