Recommended Posts

https://www.gpspower.net

and read thru the Toyota section:whistling:

EDIT: Forum had a BIG crash but info there if you want to search.

Go here:

http://fixmygps.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=168

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AH...ion=locate

pass: TOYOTA

Note:

Tried a DVD + R DL but it would read properly.
Wrote OK, froze headunit (had same issue when I did V20)

Burnt a 2nd time onto an DVD -R DL  Mine is an 2011 ML. Other models maybe different.
Perfect 
I just right clicked on the iso file, chose windows DVD burn image software. Away it went ..beer.gif

Edited by bazzle
added new GPS forum info
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Interesting. I thought there was a lot of people wanting these maps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bazzle said:

Interesting. I thought there was a lot of people wanting these maps?

lol there was and im sure still is but sometimes these forums are a bit quiet.  I use to look daily but then havent in ages until i saw your post.  Now got a working version in my ISF so big thanks for your post :-)

Ps I think 2008 Subaru onwards or something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK

I think for Subaru its the C1 version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing mate! 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to save others searching and for some detail on burning a backup copy of the navigation DVD... 

The ISO is slightly larger than a single lager DVD can handle (4.7G) so from what I can tell you have some choices to sort that out....

- Use a Double layer disc as it can hold 8.5G.  There are reports of both +R and -R DL discs working, but as bazzle mentioned above +R may not work for this ISO.  There's a layer break boundary, so I assume the original ISO MDS was created from a -R disc and that set the layer boundry to the size of a  -R disc which is slightly larger than a +R.  You should be able to change the layer boundary with ImgBurn and get it working.

- Use DVD-R which doesn't complain when you Overburn it to try to squeeze extra in or truncate it (You can't do this with a DVD+R disc).

- Some people say to edit the ISO and delete the Loading.KWI file which is 330MB and brings the DVD image in under 4.7G.

- Use DVD shrink to remove empty space that is often inserted into DVDs to make them of a size that is harder to copy

DVD-Rs are cheap compared to a double layer disc (and I didn't have a DL disc handy), so I tried a single layer DVD-R, overburning failed, but truncating worked and the disc loads in the car without issue. Whatever it truncated off is obviously not something that it's needed when it loaded the maps.

The Windows 10 built in burning software complained and wouldn't do it, but ImgBurn had no issues with offering to truncate it.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi guys, thanks for the info and thanks to Bazzle for sharing link, i'll let you know how it goes. If anyone has a link to v.23, i'm sure many would be grateful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/03/2017 at 10:39 AM, bazzle said:

Hi matey, Thanks for posting link. stuffit says that it requires a password. Is that correct or have I gone in the wrong direction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, my 18 year old son cracked the password actually!

I had some silly issues burning to the disc but figured it in the end. One of the other options for reducing the size of the data to go on the disc which I did was to delete one of the POI files out of the IDX folder. I don't use POI anyway.

thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be able to locate V23 soon:wink3:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I loaded the V22 map into my 2007 is250 yesterday, when it came up on the screen I was unable to punch in any new addresses, "location not found in selected area" etc or something similar would come up on the screen,  it just wouldn't let me into the system.

I went to press the "change" button for the "States" etc and nothing would come up. I could hear the disk searching and moving around but nothing would come up.

I then reinstalled my older V20 copied disk and all works fine again.

Any info or suggestion would be great :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one I did for you is -R

Your headunit (2007) might not be able to read the -R 

Mine is 2011 ML.

Yours might need an +R..??

I can do another one. Next time your coming to the Eastern suburbs let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gfs250 said:

Hi,

I loaded the V22 map into my 2007 is250 yesterday, when it came up on the screen I was unable to punch in any new addresses, "location not found in selected area" etc or something similar would come up on the screen,  it just wouldn't let me into the system.

I went to press the "change" button for the "States" etc and nothing would come up. I could hear the disk searching and moving around but nothing would come up.

I then reinstalled my older V20 copied disk and all works fine again.

Any info or suggestion would be great :) 

I got the exact same problem as yourself.  Disc is recognised (version etc), would load favourites but not a new address.  Got the same error message.

My issue was how i was packing the ISO through Imgburn.  On the other forum GPSPower there is a link that someone else provided of a single ISO which works perfect.  You just need to download it, burn it at 2x or slower and it will work (well did for me so i know the issue was with the ISO i created).  Same size at just over 4gb etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up, but that's me buggered then...... The only thing I burn is the bloody toast, I might just stick with the V20 that's in it now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have another one on an + dvd here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great post, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

I've previously had trouble getting any DVD after v19 to load in my 2008 SL (I've tried V20 & V21), but with the below informative post, I thought that I'd give v22 a shot. I should add, that I operate only Apple Mac computers at home and don't have access to a Windows machine.  I therefore use "Burn" for writing DVD's ... 

 

Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work, despite going through Rural's excellent list.  As this is the third time I've wasted a number of DVD's, I thought that I'd make it some comments on the below as while they appear to be informed, they not tested.  Please bear in mind that my investigations are for a 2008SL, so newer models may be OK.

On 16/03/2017 at 9:25 PM, Rural said:

- Use a Double layer disc as it can hold 8.5G.  There are reports of both +R and -R DL discs working, but as bazzle mentioned above +R may not work for this ISO.  There's a layer break boundary, so I assume the original ISO MDS was created from a -R disc and that set the layer boundry to the size of a  -R disc which is slightly larger than a +R.  You should be able to change the layer boundary with ImgBurn and get it working.

DL (double layer) disks don't work: I could get the image to write onto a DL-R disk, and the car read the disk ... it told me what version it was! And while it showed the map location with the car on it, as soon as I tried to enter an address I got an error. I noticed that the region hadn't been set: I'm in Victoria, and I believe that the region on the image may have been set for NSW? ... anyway, despite pressing the "Change" button to set the region, I was unable to do so (tapping the "change" button got no reaction from the maps application)... probably that functionality is on the second layer of the disk...?

 

DL+R disks fail outright: the car won't recognise them at all. 

 

On 16/03/2017 at 9:25 PM, Rural said:

- Use DVD-R which doesn't complain when you Overburn it to try to squeeze extra in or truncate it (You can't do this with a DVD+R disc).

This isn't an option with Burn - I've tried single layer DVD-R disks, and it spits them out before it even tries to start burning an image.

 

On 16/03/2017 at 9:25 PM, Rural said:

- Some people say to edit the ISO and delete the Loading.KWI file which is 330MB and brings the DVD image in under 4.7G.

Doesn't work - the unit doesn't recognise the image once it has been edited.

 

On 16/03/2017 at 9:25 PM, Rural said:

- Use DVD shrink to remove empty space that is often inserted into DVDs to make them of a size that is harder to copy

I couldn't find how to do this in Burn (I suspect it doesn't offer this feature), so I can't comment as to whether this works for the 2008SL.

 

I also tried going to the GPSPower website and looking for the smaller file, but I couldn't find it.  I'll have a better search another day (I've got to go buy some more disks), but that'll probably be the last time I try it.  I'll just have to live with the v19 files unless someone is able to advise what error I'm making...?

 

Cheers,

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2017 at 10:05 PM, bazzle said:

Interesting. I thought there was a lot of people wanting these maps?

Another reason is that offline maps are kinda useless, especially for someone like me. I work for a construction company, so 99% of the sites i visit, are brand new and didnt exist 1 month ago, therefore i rely on google maps and a few other online maps since they update very quickly. A map that is 6 to 12 to even 18 months old? Completely useless for me

For *BLEEP*s and giggles one day i propped up my ipad and used that as a gps, it works really well! with a 4g data card + full voice guidance and a large screen, its a pretty cool way of having a gps, well, one that falls over at every turn :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Atlantis

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Have you tried DVD+R DL?

Yes, all attempts until I saw the post suggesting DVD-R DL (which very nearly appeared to work) have been with a DVD+R DL (v 20 & v21 ... as well another unsuccessful roll of the dice this time around unfortunately.

 

Cheers,

David 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Water,

Yup, when my partner is in the car with me, we frequently operate Google/Apple maps from the iPhone.  I'm with you on the below ...

3 hours ago, water said:

Another reason is that offline maps are kinda useless, especially for someone like me. I work for a construction company, so 99% of the sites i visit, are brand new and didnt exist 1 month ago, therefore i rely on google maps and a few other online maps since they update very quickly. A map that is 6 to 12 to even 18 months old? Completely useless for me

For *BLEEP*s and giggles one day i propped up my ipad and used that as a gps, it works really well! with a 4g data card + full voice guidance and a large screen, its a pretty cool way of having a gps, well, one that falls over at every turn :P

 

... but, the navigation software is genuinely very good for communicating the navigation tasks ... for example, "Heading slightly left at the roundabout, take the second exit" is an instruction that I've not heard from either Apple or Google Maps.  And there are a few of these examples I can think of ... not an imperative, but it does motivate me to try and keep the software current!

 

Cheers,

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mister_david said:

Hi Water,

Yup, when my partner is in the car with me, we frequently operate Google/Apple maps from the iPhone.  I'm with you on the below ...

 

... but, the navigation software is genuinely very good for communicating the navigation tasks ... for example, "Heading slightly left at the roundabout, take the second exit" is an instruction that I've not heard from either Apple or Google Maps.  And there are a few of these examples I can think of ... not an imperative, but it does motivate me to try and keep the software current!

 

Cheers,

David

you are correct, i actually use both google maps + my cars gps: i use the voice only bluetooth guidance from google maps, but at the same time, if the address exists, i use the cars gps map, so i have a large map on the touch screen, as yes, some roundabouts are just downright confusing! 

i also like that google maps has traffic + accidents, so it can potentially re-route you if it knows the current route is congested, something the lexus maps cannot do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now