Shopping

Hi guys and girls,

Long time ISF fan and finally in a position with my business where Ive been told to spend some money. This is harder than it sounds but Ive finally decided on an ISF. I have come from a background of stroked weapon Evolution Lancers and a long list of Jap performance cars but Im over it and just want an awesome cruiser that reflects my business and still has some poke and sound!

I just test drove a 2010 with low kms and worked out a deal so Im hoping to make it happen over the next week or so. Will let you know how I go :)

Cheers

Adam

20170305_141631.jpg

• Like 1

Great vehicle the ISF.   the back mag wheels in your photo are on the wrong side, and should to be swapped over,  the blades are facing the wrong way,  the fronts are correct.   

• Like 1

Awesome, few quick mods and a great car turns into something you wont ever want to sell.

I always thought i would be in the ISF for a couple of years and upgrade to something else, but i dont actually know if i could ever sell now after having it for a few years. Trouble free motoring and its a blast to drive!

Absolutely in love with this rig.

Pictured today after spending the day at the shop.

Only had time to do a thorough decontamination and single stage paint correction. Followed by X2 layers of Ion Coat Naviwax.  Will get around to ceramic coating another day.

I've just read up on an issue I've noticed and it seems well documented, hard shifting above 5000 rpm I'm getting a belt slip noise from the front of the car. Was really concerned at first as I thought it could possibly be transmission related as the noise is exactly during shifting but seems other people have experienced the same issue and reckon it's the serpentine belt and tensioner.

Anyone here had the same problem??

Cheers

Adam

FB_IMG_1489313009650.jpg

FB_IMG_1489313003365.jpg

FB_IMG_1489313015434.jpg

FB_IMG_1489313028266.jpg

FB_IMG_1489313021830.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome!  Nice pick up mate looks magnificent.  Sounds like we've got a bit in common, ISF owners in SA and into detailing though I don't do it professionally anymore.

I should swing past sometime and show you my wet sand orange peel removal on my 2012 F.  You may have seen it if you were at AJD.

• Like 1

Swing past any time mate that would be great! 

Next round I've got a bit of sanding to do on the rear right quarter which has had a spray, thankfully it's been done well or I would not have purchased the car.

I wasn't at AJD this year but I saw photos of your car. Looks fantastic. Did I read CQUK somewhere? Great consumer available coating.

• Like 1

Looking good Adam.  there’s nothing like a good clean. 

I occasionally take my ISF to the track,  & I haven’t noticed any noise when hard shifting above 5000rpm, apart from a little bit of wheel spin.    enjoy the ISF, they are so much fun.

John

Thanks mate, interesting, this noise is from the front for sure. Will suss it out soon enough, either way not a major issue.

I notice in the Xforce for sale thread from Danny that you have the same system, I cant wait too fit mine- do you have any sound clips of yours?

I dont have any sound clips yet, but i have modified the factory manifolds as well, widening the outlets to 3 inches. Not as good as headers for power but gets pretty damn close. Also changes the exhaust too. Plus i have a modified intake which changes the sound.. 

So maaaaaaay not sound like the original would have haha!

I installed the Xforce system today. 

Got to say its great value for money. Buying a system that cheap and having a Father that fabs some real quality systems I honestly was expecting it to be worse than it is. The welds arent fantastic but it sounds excellent and flows fine. Picked up some noticable mid range kick and loving the throttle blips on down shifts.

On 21/03/2017 at 6:56 PM, Eyecandydetailing said:

I installed the Xforce system today. 

Got to say its great value for money. Buying a system that cheap and having a Father that fabs some real quality systems I honestly was expecting it to be worse than it is. The welds arent fantastic but it sounds excellent and flows fine. Picked up some noticable mid range kick and loving the throttle blips on down shifts.

Yep my thoughts exactly, fitment wasn't exactly spot on and I had to use new rubber hangers but the sound was bang on what I had hoped for.  

• Like 1