DYNO TUNE DONE NOW P2119 CODE

2bling

DefaultDYNOTUNE now P2119 code

Ok i had a full dyno tune done by a Reputable tuner in Sydney he has done a dozen ISF,s ran good but 200km,s out of Sydney the P2119 code comes up (I know what the codes are throttle actuator or throttle body or ecm) it did it 7 times now in 250km,s I cleaned the TB which wasn't dirty. Had it down Toyota and they are stumped and guess its the TB. my question is, is this a coincidence or is it something to do with the tune. Yes I have rang the tuner up and he says OH it couldn't be the tune!!!! but the car has run PERFECTLY for 8000km,s before he touched it. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND ANY SUGESTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS, Would a computer reflash fix this thanks in advance. PS I want my baby back... wild.gifconfused.gif  Yes it has more power UP TOP, 237rwks after 270rkws but still the same until 3500rpm a LOT OF MONEY for a small gain if I had my time over I would NOT do it after all the computer is a self learning computer . My 2 commodores tuned by Gentec Canberra with full bolt ons were day and night this tune is on the ISF is like I think I can, I think I can OH gee I wish I was a 5.7 liter v8

Damn, sorry to hear.  I have bolt on mods and given our cars are n/a i wasnt expecting huge gains unlike some of those supercharged or turbo V8's like the Holdens, Mercs etc but i was still happy with the tune.  Was it best bang for my buck, thats debatable but i gained throughout the rev range.

Before and afters i got alot more of a notable gain with my WRX but then again it was alot more modified as in turbo, intercooler, boost, exhaust, induction, pistons, compression blah blah.

I was getting the VSC light on after my exhaust which appeared once a month and it hasnt come back since my tune so it helped me get rid of a code vs creating one like your situation.

Im no expert but yeah seems very coincidental.  Whilst the tuner has denied it, is he willing to assist and and atleast look it at given what you have spent.  He's probably viewing it from a perspective "hey ive tuned other ISF's without this issue" but its not to say its not possible.  Every car is different.  Espeically if you only got 200kms before the warning appeared.

Has the code caused your car to run rough etc?   Thinking carbon build up but youve said its not dirty and you cleaned the TB.  Throttle control module, harness, loose connection possibly.

Ive lost pedal response once but it was my Apexi throttle controller so easily fixed and no warning codes.

Doubt its actual hardware as in throttle body, motor etc as they were fine before your tune. Im thinking wiring, connection, harness or something less expensive.  

Hope its a simple fix, good luck.

When i had mine tuned , there was a code that got tuned out , Sonny came in and showed me on his I pad that it had been cleared I thought I had a photo but can't find it. Also had a live circuit that Danny sorted for me . 

Just a thought, it seems the 08, 09, & 10 model ISF with the ecu tune, have had no issue??     did they do something in the my11 update, to the computer??  I believe that 2blings ISF is a my11.   ilv1004s, what year was your customers ISF?

17 hours ago, ilv1004s said:

another customer of mine has this problem too now

just got tuned yesterday same problem as urs

Who tuned the car. can you tell us what the fix is cheers.

sonny tuned it

my suggestion is revert back to stock

im looking into possible causes but not gonna promise anything at this stage

but i do a highly possible theory of why it happened and based on some facts that i need to confirm

if you want to talk to me about it give me a pm and ill give you my number and we can have a chat

Edited by ilv1004s

Thanks Danny car is STILL at sonnys I will let you know tomorrow did your customer get his fixed cheers. one thing that sh#ts me is I am in Moruya and I said to sonny "I do not want to be coming back" well I didn't but the car did on a tilt tow:wallbash:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes this tuner (sonny duran) should have known there is a difference between 2010 and 2011, I am out of pocket $2000 for his incompetence let alone the stress he put me through time will tell if I get my $$$$$ compensation back. And no I could not drive it back as it was so dangerous no power in Sydney traffic just think about that for a while,,,,, and he had the same problem with another car, the same model ISF just after my car. it was in the soft ware problem it took 2 week to get it fixed. I have 40 year experienced as a mechanic and I told him what the problem was, go figure .............................
I am 350kms away from Sydney so tilt tows aren't cheap

well the other car has been sorted out now

i have been informed it was the throttle that wasnt keeping up with the updated shift speeds so it was throwing codes

the car has been now fixed

the car in question was a 2011 isf

u might want to contact sonny again and see whats going on 

your car might be suffering for the same problem

Hey thanks Danny it is all sorted like you said same problem, it was missing a low idle table, car goes strong but only above 3500rpm, I have done 500kms with NO issues,  now the fun starts to get my tilt tow money back cheers

Good news your ISF is ok again.    I hope you get reimbursed for the tow.   after I had the ecu tune, my ISF feels better down low rpm, ok in the mid-range, & strong as she gets going.

I think the car has got a bit more down low but definable more after 3500rpm spins the tyres 1 and 2nd a lot more than when it was standard I wish he could of raised the rev limit to 7200 as the engine just feels like it can handle it no problem, RR racing give you this option and I should have gone with RRs tune in the first place but that's all hindsight you live and learn, also this is only a flash tune not a full dyno tune no gearbox tune, no rev limit, no rear o2 code removal, no throttle response  for the price you don't get much and this is with the front cat opened up mated to the Xforce but its still a FFing blast to drive.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this code thrown when my car got tuned back in 2015. It was to do with the throttle body parameters i think my tuner said, anyway he dialed a couldnt measurements back and I havent had any re occurances in over a year now.